Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of fat? page

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

So for two days in a row now, my bacon and eggs scrambled in fat have turned my stomach. I didn't eat it yesterday but I did today. The thought of a nice roast isn't too appetizing either. I wonder what's happening. Maybe the sources of these foods aren't as clean as I'm lead to believe, or maybe my body just wants some more variety. One of Mark's Bigass Salads with tuna for breakfast, maybe? Actually some sashimi sounds excellent right about now.

Anyone else felt this way?

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Sure, why not mix it up?

I eat a BAS with salmon, tuna, bacon, chicken, or pork (and at least 2 other fats -- olive oil dressing and olives or avocado or nuts or HB eggs) for breakfast at least 4x/week.

Today, I'm having stir fried veggies and 3 eggs over easy.

Occasionally, I have pumpkin puree heated with coconut milk and topped with pecans.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

hannahc is offline Senior Member

We've seen some other people have sudden aversions to eggs, that could be part of it.

And I go through phases, sometimes I crave nothing but big ass salads everday. Right now all I want is bacon roasted brussel sprouts And actually a nice beef roast doesn't sound terribly appetizing to me either and I'd rather have salads...maybe it's a type of mid-winter blues?? We want what isn't as readily available?

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Double-A is offline Junior Member

Are your eggs pasture-raised? Have you seen them on the farm? Tainted eggs will get to you over time.

Variety is important - I think a lot of us aren't getting enough seafood, for example.

Also - that pumpkin puree mix sounds ridiculously good. Do you add any allspice/cinnamon/nutmeg?

gini is offline Senior Member

I think our bodies tend to tell us what we need. When you crave something, like beets or bacon or whatever (though not sugary crap), it's just your body telling you it needs that nutrient. Yes, sometimes I crave beets. Anyway, it could be a similar effect: your body just doesn't want eggs right now. So stop eating them. Could be that your eggs are bad, could be that they don't taste right - who cares?

I had turkey sundried tomato basil meatloaf for breakfast. Mix it up!

John R Guest

I find that listening to (healthy) food cravings is a Very Good Idea. If a bigass sashimi salad sounds good, I'd go get that ASAP.

Steve-O is offline Senior Member

Samething happened to me yesterday and today. Think I just ate too much fat over the past couple of day. 1-lb. rare burger, 4 pieces of chicken, six eggs, 6 strips of bacon, some feta cheese, a couple of avocados and a bison burger with cheddar cheese in a 24-36 hour period. Most of this was with a few BAS spinach salads.

This might be light for some, but for me, it kicked my butt.

I know it's not exactly primal, but I just made some quinoa flake/flour muffins for lunch. Taste like cardboard, but I needed a change.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

For some reason, I've been wanting salads lately, too.

And Kale...I think I'm just sick of winter.

Stabby is offline Senior Member

Do you use regular table salt, sea salt or himalayan salt? I use the latter two and they're by far more delicious. Just a thought if it is the case that you haven't tried them.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

@Aaron -- yes, I do spice it rather like pumpkin pie. Very yummy baked in a mini bread pan, but heating in a small saucepan on the stove works, too. Raisins make a good addition if you're doing a refeed.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast