Thread: Mycotoxins

Mycotoxins

Shop Now
    I feel like there should probably be a post on this. This might explain why some people just cannot lose more fat when they're eating cheese; probably the amount they ingest begins cultivating too much of this mold in your system. And other inexplicably "unhealthy" but Paleo/primal things.

It's in a lot of food, right?
    Take a walk on the wild side.

Just eliminating dairy always gets the ball rolling on dropping pounds and curbing hunger, so it's possible...
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Interestingly enough.

My DH was diagnosed diabetic 4+ years ago.. long story short, he got it under control eating Primal but about 2 years ago quite smoking (Trigger) & his blood sugar started going squirly after a while, to the point he went back to the dr who put him on
    Metiformin.. that made him feel ****. ended up quitting when it got so bad he couldent function.
    Tried to keep under control with diet but it was still to high.. averaging around 16-18 (Normal here is 5-7, anything under 10 is considered good for a diabetic)

About 3 weeks ago I can across videos on Youtube from Doug Kaufman who made an interesting connection between Fungus & diabetes (among other things. Hes written a bunch of books on the subject)

Made sense to me so we started treating DH as if I was treating for fungal issues.. Cut out a few things in diet (Primal is already pretty good for treating Fungal issues with just a few tweaks) and started dosing with Oregano oil, Olive leaf oil & a few other things.

DHs has a tracker app on his phone & you can see the almost immediate downward trend since we started. His blood sugar is now averaging in the 7-8 range and still dropping. Much more energy. Athletes foot gone completely, feeling much better overall. Still a work in progress but I would say there's a definite connection.

|Looking back I think the Smoking, bad as it was for him was actually working to keep the fungal issues under control (possibly the 10 cups of coffee also as he quite that shortly after he quite smoking) and once that was gone the fungal issues were able to get out of control even though diet was pretty good
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    |Looking back I think the Smoking, bad as it was for him was actually working to keep the fungal issues under control (possibly the 10 cups of coffee also as he quite that shortly after he quite smoking) and once that was gone the fungal issues were able to get out of control even though diet was pretty good
    This isn't the first time I've read of unexpected, negative health reactions when smokers quit. There could be a real explanation when the role of nicotine in the body is analyzed. For smokers with abundant nicotine in their body, some of the nicotine serves as a precursor to NAD+, a critical role player in cellular health. Non-smokers get the precursor, too, but from other sources like dietary or supplemental niacin. I think when smokers quit, an easy source of NAD+ precursor is removed for a while and a number of different ailments can follow.

Could be an argument to continue nicotine from other non-smoking sources for a while until other sources like niacin can be adapted to,
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys