Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin flushing after eating page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It happens to me, too. Sometimes I feel hot all over like I'm having a hot flash. Sometimes it's just my feet. My feet feel really hot. It's sort of like the feeling when you take niacin but not as strong and it happens often after I eat but sometimes just randomly during the day. It started when I first started changing my diet. I started by eating sweet potatoes with cheese for lunch instead of sandwiches. I would be burning up not just after I ate that but at random times during the day. Then I just went regular low carb high fat primal and ate different things and same thing: random episodes of feeling hot. Especially after breakfast which for me is heavy on pastured eggs, heavy cream in my coffee and sometimes meat or liver.

I'm curious about this flushing due to insulin sensitivity mentioned above. I haven't heard of that before. I'm insulin resistant, hence the low carb.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    At least one study recorded that people consuming a low carb, high fat diet did lose a lot of energy via body heat (accompanied by profuse sweating - particularly during the night). It was proposed that this was due to 'futile cycling' where the body converts excess fuel substrates from one form to another with no net gain in energy and often a loss.

If the meal was high in protein but low in fat and carbs, then it may be due to increased TEF. (Thermic Effect of Food)

I get it nearly everytime i eat.
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

Dizzydawg24 is offline Junior Member
    I'm really glad I'm not the only person that this is happening to. Although it usually only happens in the afternoon or after dinner. No other effects or feelings really. Just flushed cheeks and hot face like I've been working out.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I know large doses of niacin cause a rather warm "skin flush."

It's actually one way to tell if you're actually getting enough niacin for your body.

Niacin Saturation and the Flush
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

lovelopez is offline Junior Member
    My name is Sam and I am a former blusher.

You can read my journey to a cure here How to Stop Blushing.

On my site I also have these pages which you might find handy

Blushing & Erythrophobia
    Hypnosis
    ETS Surgery
    Tricks To Ease The Blush
    Blushing Products I’ve Tried

I have posted what cured me and has kept me cured right to this day.

Just a few months ago I was asking the question “how do I stop my blushing”

You want to know how to get rid of your chronic blushing? Hopefully my information helps to cure you, as it did me.

Read my story here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12