Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: My Quest for Primal Fire (or Health) page 81

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    PC & Lex, I am reading the "Schwarzbein Principal Program" book. I notice there are 2 others. The original "Schwarzbein Principal" and "SP II". Which would you recommend I read next?

I started in today with the "square meal" concept. This is already a change because I don't always have both carb and non starchy veg with each meal. I plan on 3 meals/day
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Paula...Lex & I read the SP II book. I haven't read the others, don't know if she has or not. I don't recall her saying that she had.

I had my scrambled eggs this morning with a half cup leftover potatoes from last night...'fried' in a little butter(not fried with the eggs tho). yummy. I will probably have a very light lunch, more like a snack...& then probably baked fish for supper with steamed vegi's & a fruit. Her meal plans & snack idea's I thought were pretty great & easily adaptable...& pretty much primal friendly.

I hope the books help you as they helped us.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    The timing of things is funny. Recently, someone mentioned to me that they thought I might have adrenal fatigue. It turns out that hypoglycemia is one symptom of too much cortisol and adrenalin. All my other weird symptoms fit in as well.
    Then I took a peek at the SP books based on things that you and Lex said in your journals. Now I some new tweaks to try.
    It's good because I really had no idea what to do next.

oh wow! what a coincidence! Things happen for a reason I always say! You could very well have adrenal fatigue in some stage. In the SP II she gives a "test" to help you determine if you have it or not. I don't know if the one you are reading does...I've not read it. And I had a neuro-transmitter/adrenal test done(saliva & blood test) to determine that I actually had it.

Like I said before...its all trial & error. If something doesn't work, try something else! Never give up. I hope that reading Dr. Schwarzbien's stuff helps you figure it out!! I'll be anxious to see if it helps you.

good morning all! I just wanted to post a link that you might enjoy looking at. Its two video's(pt 1 & pt 2) on my dr's website about thyroid/adrenal problems. Very very interesting & he explains things so so well!! Dr. Pompa is not my doc, just so you know. (My doc does do phone consultations & I believe email as well, if you don't have a naturopath/nutritionist in your area.) Anyways...I thought the video's were great & when I have more time I'm going to peruse Dr. Pompa's website to watch more video's & read more info.

Understanding Hypothyroidism | Dr. Tim Holcomb's Natural Health & Wellness of Victoria, TX

hope it helps!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Hm - will come back to whenever I get full frickin health coverage. I can't wait to get some new tests done to know in a more concrete way what the hell is actually going on inside my body.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Hi Lex! Having the tests done, even tho I didn't have insurance, sure gave me peace of mind knowing exactly what was wrong & how I could then go about fixing it. The neuro/adrenal saliva test I had done was $220. The complete thryroid profile was $110 I had sold some old gold jewelry to get some extra money & used some of it to pay for the tests. Even tho I hated to see that money leave my hot little hands I was glad I did it. The way I look at it is its an investment in my health.

Hope you're getting all settled in & enjoying the job! Oh, did you see where Paula is now following Schwarzbien's program? She said this morning she's lost a pound!! Yay her!!!

I'm still canning stuff from the garden like crazy. Put up 6 qts of new potatoes Wed...took MIL to town yesterday instead of today...so today I'll be canning more tomatoes. I think I probably have close to 20 pounds sitting all over the place! Boy are they good! I can eat one just like an apple! So guess I'd better get to work!!

have a fabulous friday!!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I've never eaten a tomato like an apple. In fact, I don't even HAVE any tomatoes yet... I have a bloom, but no tomatoes. I have teeny tiny green peppers starting to form. Peas are dying off (prematurely??) so I planted more seeds. Planted some green bean seeds too. Saw a vermin of some sort dug up one of my seeds. B@stard vermin. Might have to put the seeds up high where they can't get them - unless said vermin is a squirrel, then I'm pretty well screwed. Probably a coon, though. But they can climb too... Hell, maybe I'll get some wire screen to wrap around the pot til they sprout. *threadjack*

Anyhow... how did things go with your MIL yesterday? I haven't seen much in regard to her lately...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hi Jenn! no prob on the threadjack! I love hearing & talking about gardens! Sorry you're having trouble getting seeds to come up. We've not had any problem with the vermin...the chickens on the other hand have been a bit of nuisance. Honey didn't bring in very many tomatoes tonight cause the chickens have been taking bites out of the ones they can reach. Bad chickens! I think he will probably put up a fence so they can't get in there for the fall garden. The screen idea was a good one! he's going to have to do that with the cantaloupe...they have discovered them now.

Things went ok with MIL yesterday. Quiet, as I don't engage in much conversation. I pretty much only answer in one or two word responses. Or only talk about benign things...the weather etc. Don't have much to say to her & even tho she tries to bring up things about her health sometimes, I ignore it. She said yesterday that the dr's office called & said that according to the blood work results that she is probably taking to much T4 Thyroid medication. Huh? Why did he tell her that everything was ok when I took her in for the followup because of her toe & that whole other big drama? He said then everything was fine! But I didn't say a word. Just said "hmm". She never questions anything, so I'm not either. Her daughter is coming in next Wed...so for 2 wks neither me or SIL has to haul her ass around! Now what's gonna happen with the daughter remains to be seen. I'm standing my ground tho. I think she's gonna steer clear of me tho. Bitch that I am!! LOL Not worried about it at all.

Well I'm sooo tired. Did 6 jars of picante sauce & 3 jars of tomato sauce today. Tomatoes are my least favorite thing to process. They take alot of time & are so messy!! But oh are they good come about January!!! lol Next go 'round will be more stewed tomatoes, probably Sunday. Tomorrow is dilled okra as I have enough now to make about 6 jars. And some more pkgs of eggplant in the freezer. We got about a half inch of rain yesterday evening & its amazing how much that has helped everything! Like giving them a shot of growth serum!!

I'm off to go take a shower & then relax with a book. Hope everyone has a great evening & weekend!!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    PC, I haven't been on here in a little while and I'm sorry about that. I noticed that the central portion of Texas has been getting considerably more rain this year. I can't wait to head down towards that area in August! I'm hoping it'll be nice and green and to get some hiking done.

I'm glad to read that you're standing your ground! I'm sure that brings the stress levels down quite a bit.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast