Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: My Quest for Primal Fire (or Health) page 80

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    good evening all! hope everyone has enjoyed their Memorial day holiday. Today was an easy day for me. I needed to wash clothes so did that & I snapped a small bucket of beans this morning to get them ready for canning tomorrow & I picked another small bucket this evening. So tomorrow will can them. I got two packages of eggplant out of the 4 lovelies that honey brought in yesterday evening. They are all cozy in the freezer. I should be able to get a few pints of dilled okra put up tomorrow too. Those are easy to do. Honey brought in a bucket of potatoes this evening too...oh they are so pretty!! There is no rush to get them done...I will can some & dehydrate some when I have time between everything else. The tomatoes are really coming on now, so it won't be long & I will be canning tomatoes in one form or another!! Really only have about another 3 weeks & the garden will be winding down. Then it will be time to can peaches...but that usually only takes a few days. Then maybe I can get some quilting done!!

I ate better today than the last couple of days. Thank goodness those darn cookies are gone!! Honey ate the last 2 while ago after I put some in a baggie for him to take to work tomorrow. Won't be making anymore for a while! they are to hard to resist! We ate the last of the leftover bbq today. Sad faces here! It was so so good! Honey is a bbq master deluxe! I have told him time & again he should've competed in the cookoff's but he's never been interested in doing that. He could have been a contender I tell you!!!! lol He's just happy doing his thing & enjoying the rave reviews he gets from anyone that tastes his brisket. Nobody does it better...just like Bond!!

well I'm off to the shower & then fold a load of clothes. hope you all have a wonderful evening!!
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 05-28-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

oh killme you have been a busy little bee!!! I think I'll killyou with the magic triangle of death & report you! buhbye! oh and consider yourself ignored.
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 05-28-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    How is eating more carbohydrates, treatin' ya? I have a confession: I kept quiet about a weight increase because I didn't want people to freak out. But I expected because of what's in the Schwarzbein book. I went up as far as 209 last month, but now - even with eating potatoes consistently - I'm back to 196. So I think that's cool. I was previously only at that weight when I was under 30 carbs a day and down I'm eating a potato almost every day and eating carrots and strawberries and can be at that weight. Now let's see what happens as I start getting more sleep more often ...
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Hi Lex. Eating more carbs has been very effective...ala Schwarzbein for me. I didn't gain much...maybe a couple of pounds when I started following her suggestions. The last week & half or so has been pretty good. I stayed the same for awhile & have now been ticking down ever so slowly...but ticking down just the same & I'm a happy camper. I've also been eating potato's occasionally...my 7 grain sprout bread...a fruit or two a day & its still going down, even had a small amount of rice one time! I've lost about 2 pounds this week. I actually ate a small hamburger yesterday & small fry & a rootbeer when honey & I were in town & I was still down this morning a little bit!! Go figure!! My stress level going way down has certainly helped too. I also just quit focusing on the whole "gotta lose weight" mentality. I'm just trying to eat healthy & not "sweating the small stuff". If I want to eat a cookie, or a few chips, or some popcorn...then I'm gonna do it...but only occasionally. I'm not even coming here to the forum much anymore. I will check in & read a few of my favorite folks journal but hanging out here for hours & hours & reading everything just became a little to obsessive for me. Again its the whole "gotta lose weight" thing. I'm trying to get away from that mindset. And it must be working for me, since I'm back to losing a little every day & I'm getting more accomplished in my day. I've also been canning almost every day for the last couple of weeks & its not letting up. So I've been busy doing that & am so tired in the evening I will sit & look at a couple of quilting magazines or read a book instead of sitting here till midnight or 1 in morning reading on the computer. I've also been trying to go to bed earlier.

So anyways....glad you're doing ok & hope you're able to get some good sleep! I'll be in & out occasionally.
    hugs!!
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 06-03-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing well! And I love the sound of all the canning and busy-ness in your kitchen and garden! I was only just able to plant our tomato plants yesterday! Hopefully we are done with the too cool nights so they can grow like blazes now and I am REALLY hoping to get a good harvest this year. I can quite identify with getting too obsessed with the whole weight loss thing. Hard to find the balance and keep eating well without getting too crazy about it. Keep dropping in or we'll miss you too much!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    PC and Lex, I am ordering the Schwarzbein book today.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Paula, I think you will enjoy it & hopefully you will find it useful. For those of us with adrenal issues its a godsend! After reading it, is kind of when I decided to not worry so much about "weight loss" but healing...especially the adrenals & my thyroid issues. The pounds coming off is just a wonderful benefit to healing a "broken" system. She says you can't lose weight until your hormones/adrenals/etc...are in balance. You don't lose weight to get healthy...you get healthy to lose weight. Sounds weird but I believe it now. I also, now, according to her, don't eat anything without it being a balance...as in never eat a protein by itself or a carb by itself. Eat a protein & a carb together. So now when I eat my breakfast which was totally protein/fat...I have a piece of my 7 grain sprout bread or a fruit, or *gasp* a half cup of hash brown potatoes! Even my snack(if I eat one at all) is a protein & a carb. Its working good for me at least. Everyone just has to keep trying to find the right balance for them...CJ (longing2bfit) found her's...I think Lex & I have found ours...the key is to just not give up! Look how many tries it took inventors to find the right way to build a light bulb...or the phone...or the phonograph...etc! Our bodies are so complex & it gets frustrating no doubt. Been there done that. But I've come to the conclusion that this is not a quick fix...its gonna take time to heal the damage that the last 40 years or so(for me) has done. So I've taken a deep breath, calmed the hell down & just plod along doing what I can to heal & enjoying life & the process. I've learned waaaaayyy to much over the last 6 months to ever go back to eating the SAD, so no worries there. I've even quit obsessing over buying every book on health & nutrition that I can! After reading Schwarzbein & another book called "Adrenal Fatigue, The 21st Century Stress Syndrome" by James L. Wilson, I feel like I've learned what I need to do. I don't obsess over calories...or if its paleo/primal or not or whatever. Since I'm following Schwarzbien anyways I don't have to worry about calories. I feel calmer...more in control now that I understand what my problem is. And MIL issues have been drastically reduced as well so that helps the stress big time. Life is good!!!

Thanks Coll. Yes even tho its alot of work & time consuming I love love love seeing those jars on the shelf! I have already canned 13 qts of green beans & will be canning another probably 7 today. Friday I canned 4 pts of stewed tomatoes (tomorrow I will be probably canning double that as the tomatoes have decided to kick into high gear!) 2 qts of eggplant (freezer) & a qt of okra (freezer). I'm giving away buckets of squash & zucchini. I love the money I save by not buying reg/organic produce from the store...& of course there is no comparison to the taste. I highly recommend looking around your area to see if there is a farmer's market or market days or what have you to get fresh produce. Around here we have a couple of farms that are called "pick your own" & they will let you go pick your own stuff. I did that before honey planted his garden & is fun & cheaper than buying it already done.

well guess I'd better get to it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day & I'll check in occasionally.
    {{{hugs}}}
    SW-211
    CW-209

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I read the intro so far.
    I can't do HRT whether I need it or not, so that may be a problem. I may have to email her.
    I doubt I will eat bread sprouted or not, but there are other options.
    Sleep 8 hrs, give up coffee. Yikes.lol

On the "finding what works" note. Primal worked great for me, but something changed and now I have all these physical and mental road blocks. It is very frustrating.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-04-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you have found something that works for you. Right now I'm venturing through the Whole30 using strict paleo. Everyone has their 'thing' that works.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PrimalCon New York
    absolutely Jenn!! That's why everyone has to keep trying different things & not give up.

Paula...its ok if you can't do HRT (& there are different kinds, did you know that? I didn't.) The book will explain. And you can probably contact her thru her website if you still have questions after reading the book.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast