Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1196

Thread: My Quest for Primal Fire (or Health) page 118

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Congrats on your first order PC! And thank so much for elucidating on the fly lady routine. I think I may just need to adopt a similar thing - but I'll have the kids join me in the routine. I am going to wait until we are moved though - too much on my plate right now to work on that too. Of course it is going to be a while before we move ... we haven't found a house yet. Though I am drooling over 80 acres with an old farm house at the moment

Maybe we should join forces on starting over on eating right PC! Let me know - I could do with a buddy to cheer on and be cheered on by ...
    Thanks Coll! I was mega excited! My SIL has a show this weekend & she is going to take some of my mason jars & a few of the journals to see if anything sells. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She has another show the following weekend & she will be out of town, so I am going to do it for her. She said I could put some of my stuff out too...so I'm looking forward to that as well. I have some new items to get up on the website...hopefully I can get pics done & uploaded. After a slump of a few years my creativity has come flooding back! I can hardly sleep at night with ideas running thru my brain! lol.

Good luck on finding a new place. The 80 acres...with a view of the mountains sounds like heaven to me!!!

The kids will love helping you do the flylady thing!! Use the timer as she suggests & they'll love it even more. It becomes a game to them.

I think that's a great idea to join forces to get back on track!! Next week is payday week so I will be grocery shopping, so it will be a good time to start if you want. Having a partner will be a big help! That's why I think even tho I'm "off the wagon" I still come here every morning...every one is always so supportive. It's such a great community!

Jenn, thanks for adding your thoughts on the Paderno. I will be ordering me one next week. I think I'm going to be doing more stir fries for myself this go round & I think it will be perfect.

Well need to get busy! Have a fabulous Friday all!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Yeah, I'm still here, just have nothing much to post. I don't want to bore everyone with my ramblings of my crafting exploits. A few of you visit my FB page & see what's new. I am having a great time tho & my creativity is in full swing...that's definitely good for my mood & stress level! I have not been a good girl in the food dept tho...but that's fixing to change.

I am maintaining my weight right now...even with eating some things I shouldn't. Maybe because I'm in a good place mentally?? Not sure. But I have just about convinced myself that it's time to get back to primal ways. So along those lines, I have a question...would anyone reading mind sharing what protein powder they use? If you use one that is. I was looking at some of the ones that the "guru's" have out but it's outrageously expensive. Kinda like their supplements! Yes I'm sure they are excellent, but there has to be good ones out there that don't require a loan to be taken out! .

I am also going to get the PHD book. Any "diet" that allows potatoes & rice sounds right up my alley! lol. Oh I'm sure there is more to it than that tho! I have been so impressed with how it is helping Paula.

I have been keeping up with everyone just not posting much. We all seem to have our ups & downs but everyone just keeps on keeping on. Seriously, it is very encouraging & motivating. We are all human after all!

Have a mahvelous Monday!!!!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't use a protein powder anymore b/c I can't find one that doesn't have soy or maltodextrin in it or some other crappy additive, that doesn't also cost a fortune, so I have stepped away from the powders. I hope you find one you like soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks Jenn. After doing a little more reading I think I've decided to not worry about protein powder. I was wanting to make smoothies with it...but I'll just make them without. I was wanting something for mid afternoon...I usually eat a late breakfast (mostly protein) & was wanting the smoothie for a little something mid afternoon. We generally eat supper about 6 & I don't usually have anything between then & bedtime...just don't have a desire for anything,unless it's a couple of strawberries or maybe a half of a small container of good yogurt.

I think I'm going to buy the PHD book for my kindle (on my iPad). That way I can start reading it right away. Have starting looking around their website...am anxious to learn more. Paula has had such good success following it. I would also like to read Kessler's new book. But I'll see if the library has it first.

Have a nice evening!
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 03-24-2014 at 09:10 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just toss an egg white into you smoothie.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ah Ha!! Great idea! Not like I don't have fresh eggs laying around!! thnx!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Or a whole egg for that matter

I hope your show goes well (or your sil's anyway) I hope you sell a bunch of goodies! I wish I could stop by and drool over your stuff - very pretty and creative. I am painting away again - I figure if we are going to move I had better have a little stock of rocks ready so that I am not trying to pack and paint to keep a reasonable number of them on Etsy. Of course I am not exactly selling them like hotcakes so it may not be an issue, but doesn't hurt to be prepared and of course, I really enjoy it. Looks like I may be moving my painting set up into DS's bedroom corner again as we need the space in the office for something else. What I wouldn't give for a space to work and have everything set up and ready to go! How is your shop going? Are you getting a reasonable amount of sales? I have found it takes quite a while to figure out the details (like pricing and what is popular and how to display! Those photos!!!! etc etc )

I am still wanting to do a Whole 30 type thing - just thinking of making it my own version for now as with a move coming up I can't combine big changes with that. I know my limits, but I would still like to make some changes even if small ones at first. I know sugar/ chocolate needs to go for a good stretch of time again. That is such an issue for me ... the vicious cycle trigger. What are you thinking of doing as far as your food goes?
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

nobody faint. just checking back in. cant believe I haven't posted since March!!! Altho for awhile I did try to stay caught up with everyone. Gave up with that too. Still "see" a couple of you on FB.

will post more later. Just wanted to bring my journal current so I can find it easy.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Will try to catch up with how everyone is doing.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Good to see you again! I've been wondering how you were ... looking forward to hearing how you're doing.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Hi Coll!!! Thanks! I read a few posts in your journal...are you getting a new place?? If so mega congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Look forward to catching up with my favorite primal peeps!!! From what little bit I've read so far it seems that some have been struggling as well. I don't feel quite so bad. I've been struggling big time. I know what to do...have done it before...now why can't I make myself do it again!!!?? Guess if I had the answer to that I wouldn't be struggling!

Will write more later.