Hi there,

I don't remember how I got to read MDA but what I found here made sense and I bought the book, too. It took me quite a while to finally read all of it because life sends you many distractions. But as I started reading, I had this feeling that this could be "it".

What exactly is "it"? I'm not sure. Maybe it's finally getting rid of those rings around my belly which seemed to have stuck since I was a baby, even when I was only weighing 50 kilos at 1,70 m. Maybe to finally look into the mirror happy with what I see. Maybe just knowing my body to be strong enough to handle whatever needs to be handled, may it be illness or a rock...

So I've started not eating bread, rice and pasta about six month ago an I already lost a little more than five kilos. I've never been really fat, but as I said, my belly has allways been with me. Now I'm happy to say it's shrinking (and I hope I don't get in the way of any guidelines when I say that thankfully my breasts haven't lost a tiny bit of volume- I think for many women that is quite important).

I'm still struggling to get away from sugar. I try to just stick to dark chocolate but sometimes that's just not "enough". And since my boyfriend doesn't see the benefit of Primal eating habits and just starts to argue with me when I address the topic (I think he thinks I'm just being fussy) we still have all sorts of unhealthy sugar-in-all-forms lying around the place.

So this is what I want to tackle first this year: my sugar intake. No sugar cravings until the end of the year!

I know it sounds like a really poor excuse, but right now, I can't commit to the "play"-part of the PB rules. I have a lot of work at university writing the German equivalent of a master's thesis for the next six month and I worry about so much lately that I just don't think I can handle the extra "stress" of finding a sport that is fun. And in the winter it's just no fun to force your bum out the door for a walk in the evening. It'll probably get better as soon as the weather is a little more friendly and barbeque season is bound to bring everybody outside, so I'm hoping that will give me a little push.
It's not like I don't do anything: I work at a shop with a group of people to take care of stocking the place. That means a lot of running around, lifting heavy things, squats and stuff. Twice a week. So at least that's something.

But right now, I don't feel ready to commit to doing more, although I now it would probaby do me good.

So there, my first entry!