Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee free challenge? page

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

Coffee free challenge?

Shop Now
    Who's in?

I am a serious coffee addict.
    Since going primal 10 weeks ago, ive tried to give up the coffee a few times (aiming for 30 days) but managing to cave. The reason I want to give up coffee is to give up dairy. I managed for nearly a week this time using ghee in my bulletproof coffee, but my intake was going up again to 3 a day, more some days
    When I go without dairy I feel a billion times better and much less bloated.

So yeah who is going to join me, and help kick my ass?

Oh and I am aiming for 14 days first, and progress from there.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Who's in?
    ... The reason I want to give up coffee is to give up dairy. I managed for nearly a week this time using ghee in my bulletproof coffee, but my intake was going up again to 3 a day, more some days ...
    Why not try drinking coffee black? That's what I do, so I'm not taking in extra calories when I drink it between meals, as I'm avoiding snacking.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 01-13-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: typo
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    So you want to quit dairy not coffee. I'm with paleo-bunny, drink it black.

Oh, and I can't quit coffee upon my wife's orders. Apparently the last time I tried I was a straight up prick.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I think I will introduce it back black after 30 days I've tried black before and couldn't handle it

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    coconut milk, perhaps?

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    I applaud your efforts...but I've got no desire to give up coffee. I just really enjoy my daily cup or two of french pressed fresh ground goodness. I do drink it black, though. I keep meaning to try the coconut oil in it, but really good coffee doesn't need anything, IMHO.

emode2011 is offline Junior Member
    I will root you on and too applaud your efford! However I could not survive with out my daily espresso with ice and water mix. I however have made the switch to complete black, no splenda anymore. It took a while and honestly isn't as enjoyable as it was with Splenda but it is dairy free.
    Former 400 lb guy who got down to 250 lbs and became incredibly fit but can't lose the last 50 ...then gained 30+ of it back in 2011 and now back to lose the last 80 in 2012! (Jan 2012) Lesson from 2011 - Don't go back to SAD and quit your crossfit workouts thinking you are going to loose 50 more pounds! Lesson learned. Onward and upward!

http://primalE.wordpress.com

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a long time black coffee drinker, its just about my only vice now! Still I restrict to 2 cups a day and none after midday.
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I started to drink decaf because I'd like my heart and blood pressure to be healthier. I have a history of fast-pace (130+ bpm while resting, now about 80-90 since I've gone Primal), very high blood pressure (now normal / normal-high since Primal), but I'd like it to be better.

I used decaf as an excuse to drink a lot of coffee. But I found out decaf can be just as bad for you because of the chemicals used to remove the caffeine. So I'm going to reserve coffee for special occasions, like if I visit home again (Portugal), I must have their delicious coffee.
    I don't like the coffee here (USA), so I don't have any reason to drink it, really, other than for nostalgia. Yet I still drink it.

So I am joining the challenge.
    By the way, today I brought hot bone stock to work instead of coffee, in my travel mug. It was really delicious. Give it a try!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast