Thread: Evolutionary psychopathy page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Evolutionary psychopathy

Primal Fuel
    So after watching the first three seasons of dexter (I was bored), I realized that my friends father, my friends brother and my friend are all textbook psychopaths (yes I looked in an actual textbook). They lack remorse, have an enhanced sense of self-worth and seem to be able to talk their way out of anything (even criminal charges).
    It being present completely through that side of his family (in the males, females seem more succeptible to being deceived by psychopaths, oddly enough) suggests that it is genetic and thus has some form of evolutionary advantage.
    Thoughts?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    without a complete psychological evaluation, i can't properly diagnose them *pushes glasses further up nose*

could be just typical learned behavior, could be narcissim, could be the elusive Asshole Gene (tm)or they could have a few screws loose and it's breeding true. but i vote for assholism + learned behavior. true psychopathy isn't too prevalent

dexter, for example, was made, not born with an urge to kill and bathe in blood
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I'm not talking serial killers here, just the traits of psychopathy in general. You know, the occasional assault and such things. My friend seems to be the only one of them with the slightest bit of forethought as he doesn't go right for the throat without first looking to see if there's a fist headed his way.
    Oh and while I agree that the brother and father are dicks, he's really a nice guy. Most of the time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the father is barely around (I've only met him a few times) so I doubt it's a learned behaviour.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You may want to check into the Psychopath Test (book, not as deep in data but interesting read) and also Political Ponerology,(Andrew Lobaczewski) Political Ponerology Home
    which I am currently reading. It is a compilation of research done by a Polish guy (Lobaczewski) of people that lived during the roughest of times of the Stalin and post Stalin rule. Written in 1985 and currently edited with an inciteful preface. Although I am just getting started he has some interesting things to say about the evolution of psychopathy; heritability included But more importantly the relation ship to evil (as he defiines it), thus the title Political Ponerology (ponerous=evil). Bloodorchid, above is correct in that true psychpathy is rare, according to all the data I have read it is only about 6% of the worlds population, yet in many cases those are the people that control us! Bushes, Clintons, Romneys, and all other current candidates! (with the exception of perhaps Ron Paul)..and the folks that work around them... you get the picture.
    As for there being some form of evolutionary advantage, I think that would have to relate to some form of a perspective that gives latitude to a more teleological evolution (there is some meaningful end in mind). Personally I don't see it...a designed end, nor an evolutionary advantage.

Good Luck!
    Living the dream, inside a myth