Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skin getting worse.... page

Clymb is offline Senior Member

Skin getting worse....

Primal Fuel
    So I've posted on here before about skin issues (mainly dandruff). That's gotten slightly better but something is wrong with the rest of me...I'm perpetually itchy, and the skin on my face peels but is also oily and itchy. It looks red in some places from being scratched--it's not too obvious and I don't scratch much, but it still has red blotches. Idk what's up. I did start noticing some skin issues when I eliminated dairy and upped the meat, could that have anything to do with it? We also have hard water here and I got a shower filter but things keep getting worse and Idk what to do, it's kind of embarrassing on the bad days

Oh and I also stopped drinking (one week sober so far!) and I thought that would help my skin but it's getting WORSE so idk what's up....

Bron is offline Senior Member
    what do you eat and what sort of creams do you use? (shower with, treat etc)

My children get awful sores on their lips from some oils, so you can get some weird reactions to things you imagine are ok to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    what do you eat and what sort of creams do you use? (shower with, treat etc)

My children get awful sores on their lips from some oils, so you can get some weird reactions to things you imagine are ok to eat.
    As far as food goes, I have lots of organic grass-fed beef and some wild-caught salmon and ahi tuna. Lots of greens, avocados, and tomatoes. Occasionally some cheese...I love sauerkraut too. I do occasionally have some junk when I'm at work or have nothing to eat at home and all that's left is my roomie's food lol. I drink water (not much anymore because our water isn't filtered and it tastes like chlorine--so disgusting), tons of tea, green drink every morning, some coffee and almond milk, kombucha, and Zevia (the diet soda sweetened with stevia and erythritol).

I buy all-natural bar soap for sensitive skin, usually Dr. Bronners, and that's what I wash with. For my face, it's either nothing (which seems to usually work best) or I use one of these two products:

Nourish & Shine – Natural Nourishment for Dry Hair & Scalp

Coconut & Papaya Infused Shea Butter by Nubian Heritage - 7Q-1018 - at The Vitamin Shoppe

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    maybe like a bit of a detox type thing, where it gets worse before it gets better?
    Id give it a couple more weeks at least to see if things improve.
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 01-12-2012 at 08:06 PM.

LeaB is offline Member
    Could the nightshades be the problem ? (you mentioned lots of tomatoes). Great job staying sober!

js290 is offline Senior Member

Acne isn't my problem...i hope it's just detox :/

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Your skin will take about a month to heal, Don't wear makeup. cleanse it gently with Cetaphil. Do a very, very light coating of grapeseed oil for moisture in the morning and night. Brush it gently with a warm-water softened baby-brush and cleanser. Get an allergy test. Go fragrance-free on all detergents. Skip dryer sheets. My skin was AWFUL the first month. Now it is perfect. If you must use make-up, use Bismuth-free, talc-free mineral makeup. Do not pick! Do not scrub! Avoid soy, dairy and sugar. Eat plenty of veg and drink lots of water. Acne occurs in cycles. It is going to take a while for your skin to purge the gunk and reset itself.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like an allergy to me. I'd eliminate all the new foods you've started eating for a few weeks and then slowly bring them back one at a time to see if you can find the trigger. Also I find 1 T. of cod liver oil daily really helps. I used to have the same trouble. For me it was the combo of taking the oil and not eating eggs from chickens that are fed things I'm sensitive to ( like wheat, soy etc.) I also second that it could be a detox reaction.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Your skin will take about a month to heal, Don't wear makeup. cleanse it gently with Cetaphil. Do a very, very light coating of grapeseed oil for moisture in the morning and night. Brush it gently with a warm-water softened baby-brush and cleanser. Get an allergy test. Go fragrance-free on all detergents. Skip dryer sheets. My skin was AWFUL the first month. Now it is perfect. If you must use make-up, use Bismuth-free, talc-free mineral makeup. Do not pick! Do not scrub! Avoid soy, dairy and sugar. Eat plenty of veg and drink lots of water. Acne occurs in cycles. It is going to take a while for your skin to purge the gunk and reset itself.
    Again, I don't have acne...and it's not my first month being primal, do you mean my first month without alcohol? I started primal almost a year ago, it's just now more of a meat thing than a dairy thing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast