Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skin getting worse.... page 2

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Sounds like an allergy to me. I'd eliminate all the new foods you've started eating for a few weeks and then slowly bring them back one at a time to see if you can find the trigger. Also I find 1 T. of cod liver oil daily really helps. I used to have the same trouble. For me it was the combo of taking the oil and not eating eggs from chickens that are fed things I'm sensitive to ( like wheat, soy etc.) I also second that it could be a detox reaction.
    So eliminate the meat and add it back in? That's all I"m eating differently. I can't take the cod liver oil, my blood is thin and it makes me bruise really easily, I had to stop taking it awhile back. How long should I eliminate a food before I take it back?

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    Again, I don't have acne...and it's not my first month being primal, do you mean my first month without alcohol? I started primal almost a year ago, it's just now more of a meat thing than a dairy thing
    Yes, sorry, assumed that your red, flaky skin was accompanied by acne. It really does, as PaleoMom said, sound like an allergy. My husband has the same problem, but on his body only.

Raine is offline Member
    I reckon you need to cut the tomatoes out - they can cause eczema and all sorts of skin problems including dandruff. Also try rubbing some pure organic virgin coconut oil on your skin, it is very healing (antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal). Are you taking a good multivitamin?.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Yes, sorry, assumed that your red, flaky skin was accompanied by acne. It really does, as PaleoMom said, sound like an allergy. My husband has the same problem, but on his body only.
    Ah ok. Yeah, no acne, though it's simultaneously dry/oily and red (when it's itchy). So weird. I'm really wondering if it's the water here, or at least if that's part of it. I really did notice things getting worse when I switched from lots of dairy to lots of meat--I was hoping someone would address that, as it seems like the opposite of what you'd expect!

Bron is offline Senior Member
    If you occasionally eat wheat in the junk food, it may be that? Wheat can take 8 weeks to leave your system and for healing to start (my youngest was born allergic to it, so I've had a fair bit of experience with how long it can take. Not that I ate it often once we realised what the issue was, and never on purpose)

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    Some people have issues with the erythritol. I will itch for days if I have any exposure to gluten, and the longer I am gluten free, the more sensitive the reaction.

Sounds like a bit of eczema, which can be caused by a variety of things for different people. I used to have it all over when I was a kid but it has gotten a lot better as an adult. I have dust mite covers on my bed and pillow, clean my house with natural cleaners like vinegar and baking soda, double rinse my laundry and use a mild detergent, no antibacterial soaps on my hands and try to wash them mainly with water, Aveeno skin cream for my face and body. These things were all trial and error over the years but have helped a great deal.

The thing with eczema is that it's not always just one thing. It's a hypersensitivity to a number of things which can be both environmental and food-wise. Tomatoes tend to be my trigger food and will keep me up at night with an all over itchy feeling as well as cause cracks in the corners of my lips.

Good luck finding your trigger.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried anything like cortisone? If it is greasy and oily, I'd not be using anything like shea butter, unless you enjoy clogged pores. My other thought on dandruff and oil is salycilic acid. I get peels that use it (and other acids) and it turns over your skin cells and declogs pores. It seems counterintuitive but it works. An aesthetician could help you.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like an allergy or sensitivity. Try switching to something milder for everything that touches your skin. My brother developed a bad allergy to one particular brand of laundry detergent when he was in college. Did you change anything (soap, diet, etc) around the time you noticed it getting worse?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah just assume it's some kind of adjustment phase and give it a month without making any more changes.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast