Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having second thoughts about this diet page

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member

Having second thoughts about this diet

Has anyone here actually tried this primal diet for a few years and monitored their blood at a doctor?

There are a lot of people out there who claimed they lost weight fast: Raw vegans, vegans, fruitists, etc. (and of course primal-eaters). But how do we know which one is better and why?

I also came across this YouTube video that criticizes Mark a bit. What do you think? I'm getting confused, and actually getting worried that this primal thing could end up killing me. I just don't know who to trust anymore

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    LOL - Durian Rider, Harley Johnstone, 30 bananas per day man - really!! He is a douche bag Aussie with the over-exaggerated, annoying accent.
    P.S. I'm an Aussie.

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    LOL - Durian Rider, Harley Johnstone, 30 bananas per day man - really!!
    No really, I mean it. Sure, a lot of what he says doesn't make any sense at all and isn't even true. But then some of it seems to make some sense... But then what the hell do I know :S

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Come off it, you're going to listen to someone who doesn't make any sense at all. I think you're pulling our leg and perhaps trolling like Durian likes to do.

dado Guest
    a doctor?

doctor's are for fixing broken bones. anything else is out of their jurisdiction.

you trust yourself or no? if you don't trust yourself, go CW and pop anti-depressants for the next 40 years and then die in a nursing home.

if the universe wanted you on drugs, you would be born with an iv.

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    a doctor?

doctor's are for fixing broken bones. anything else is out of their jurisdiction.

you trust yourself or no? if you don't trust yourself, go CW and pop anti-depressants for the next 40 years and then die in a nursing home.

if the universe wanted you on drugs, you would be born with an iv.
    A doctor can also take some of your blood using a needle and then measure it with respect to various things (vitamins, cholestrol, etc.). That's what I meant

Alainneire is offline Senior Member
    Mark isn't a guru - well not for me anyway But he is a man who has done a lot of research, has loads of contacts and practices what he preaches. I am incredibly grateful for all the work he (and others) have done to consolidate information and put it into a format that the average person seeking health and wellness can understand.

I am not eating primal because Mark says so... I'm eating primal because it makes sense to me, it has already produced great results and i feel absolutely bloody fantastic!

Don't be primal or vegan or anything because someone else says to - you have a mind, use it to assimilate the info given and maybe do some digging on your own Go by how you feel, do you feel fabulous eating this way? do you think eating whole, healthy, natural & unprocessed foods is a good thing?

One of the things i love about Mark's style is how laid back he is - he gives the info, a bit of structure, then basically tells us to "have at it" and tweak or tune it to what suits us. He doesn't try to shame people into eating this way, or lay down a military precision type schedule.... he just shares the information - a lot of it FOR FREE! That's class in my book

Owly is offline Senior Member
    There are quite a few bloodwork-related success stories in the success stories thread. He's not around anymore, but check out some of Griff's posts on his cholesterol and blood sugar results on PB.

Also, no energy for sports? LMAO! I live with a man who moves appliances all day for a living and is training for a marathon, all on a primal diet (granted, a higher carb one, but Mark supports that for active people, especially the ones who are silly enough to do that kind of cardio).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    well, don't trust DurianRider because he's a self-centered idiot lol

if you trust anyone at all, make sure it isn't DR or Freelee, they're both batshit crazy and attention-starved (because they don't eat enough meat EY YOOO)

Raine is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Honestly, do what I did and get on pubmed and read read read everything you can get you hands on about science and the paleo diet. Not all documents are viewable, but some are, others are in full for free if you do a google. Science backs it up - but it does back up the version with lean cuts of meat, no grains, dairy, potatoes etc. And good saturated fats such as organic virgin coconut oil are fine.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast