Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redflame's Journal--from a flicker to Hot! page 3

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    And another day.....not sure how this one will pan out.

YEAH for me, I do have dinner in the crock pot, pork roast with garlic, onions, carrots. And I have a pumpkin (my last one ;(..) roasted and ready to just mash up.
    Not sure if I will be staying at the office too long today, at 4:30am we had a light dusting of snow, and now at 8 we have 4 inches. Suppose to snow heavy until 5pm, then freezing rain. Im in Central Washington and snow is normal for us, but what is so weird this year is that the west coast of WA is getting plumetted with snow, and they typically dont get it. For example where I used to live has 23 inches, where 4 inches is alot for them. If we dont get more here it could get bad this summer. I am in the valley and we produce SO much fruits and veggies. If the mountains dont get enough snow pack we will have a very poor harvest, and that is detrimental to our economy here.........SO BRING ON THE FLAKES!

YUp, 40 minutes and the phone has rang once....cricket, cricket.........gunna be a long day!

ON a good note our Total Gym should arrive next Tuesday. We are looking forward to that, guess I will have to re arrange the living room this weekend so we have a space to put it, luckily it does fold up fairly small.

Has a weird dream early this morning. Had a dream that we were in a car accident and found ourselves in the dark, in a thick forest. No one was hurt too bad, but we were freaking out, wondering how anyone would find us being so far in the forest. We were pretty sure we would die before we were found. Then the sun came up, and we realized we were just crashed in someone's back yard, there was a house full of people just a 50 steps away.....In the light I could see I was actually quite bruised up, but in the dark I did not worry about the pain, I had just given up on and hope of being rescued.

Interesting......not noticing the pain I was in.....waiting for someone to rescue me instead of taking a few steps out in the dark. Pretty much defines ALOT of my life. AND just 50 steps away I could find safety, warmth, comfort, support, shelter........

Not going to focus on the dark forest, but more so the 50 short steps...
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Hi Redflame, just wanted to say hi and welcome ... I re-started my journal on Jan 2 also... then got busy again and got behind on reading posts. We sound a lot alike in many ways - I'm 46, mother of 4 (didn't plan on that but #3 turned into twins!), work full time and I'm going to school (hoping to finish this year). It's really, really tough to make time for yourself with all that going on. I lost 40 lbs in 2010, gained back 10 in 2011 - still ate primally but no exercise. I finally got tired of being out of shape an watching the weight creep on, so got my ass back to MDA

Just a comment, at first I had terrible food panic, I actually had to carry a bag of nuts around with me because my brain was convinced that I'd starve to death on the 20 minute drive home <rolling eyes at stupid brain> ... just go with it, don't let yourself get hungry and feed yourself GOOD food first when you have cravings ... I had a hard time feeling deprived when I'd just had a steak or a rack of bacon

good luck to you and stick with it, you CAN lose weight and get healthy without being hungry, who knew? LOL

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Redflame? Are you iced in? I heard many in Washington State are without power.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Shoot, I missed your post! And that would be cuz I have not been on here for a few days!

We were not iced in, although I would have liked to. But I still had to go to work, that never seems to stop. It was pretty nasty here, lots of snow then lots of ice, and now it is warming up, so we will have flooding.

SO............2 days no cheats, low calorie, low carb.......doing OK---but starving! But since I am STARVING for certain items I think it is my brain talking and not lack of calories/nutrients

I IF'd today at work for breakfast and lunch, came home for an hour and had 4 egg omlette with sausage onion and spinach. Went to a meeting and how it is 10:30 and I am starving....thinking about having some left over soup from yesterday, but I am waiting until after I post to make sure its not just boredom.

Yesterday was 24 ounce americano with cream, a chicken thigh and wing and two tangerines for lunch, dinner was shrimp and spinach curry soup.

I could be eating more, but I want the more to be things I cannot have,, like hashbrowns, rice, bread..........so I just say no

Doing broiled grapefruit tomorrow night, why I dont know, that has just been going through my head
    Redflame

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is the worst - Bad weather and no benefits.

Just make sure you are eating enough. Remember, you can feed the cravings for bad stuff with good stuff. When I first started and every time I've restarted (rolls eyes), I always overeat for a while then cut it down when my body is ready. Did you do the formula in the SPEED book? It helps you calculate how much protein you need. IE: I am supposed to get 135g protein. That leaves room for 30-50g carb and 100g fat (30%,10%,60%).

Day 3 100%

Yesterday Intake:
    Coffee and HWC, 9am through 4pm---cream only used in first 2 cups, essentially drank a pot of coffee through the day
    32 ounces of water.
    5:30pm 5 egg omlette with sausage, onion, and spinach, plain greek yogurt and frz blueberries
    9:30pm 1 can albacore tuna, 1 hb egg, chopped onion, primal mayo, little mustard, served with half an avacado
    Bed at 11pm
    In a deep sleep within a half hour, did not even hear my son come home from work....very odd for me, 2nd night this has happened

Evaluation of Intake
    1275 calories
    28% protien, 88 grms
    11% carbs, 36 grms
    63% fat, 89 grms

It was not intentional to be that low in carbs, just a matter of a busy day with meetings after work. Also not intentional to have that many fat grams, ideally I would be around 50 carbs and a little lower in fats, but for right now the calories are right where I want them. I am happy that I was pretty much on target, as I did not track until just now.

Goal of Planning Ahead
    Well lets just say I am still SUCKING at this! I am really struggling with me 15 yr old daughter, and she is really trying to test the waters....what she is finding is a storm on the waters! She is refusing to do her chores, and they are compounding, and this time I am not going to bail her out. I have taken all things away (phone etc) and the next thing to be taken away is her door, and if she does not shape up then I am pulling her out of public school and she will be home schooled..........she is informed of this and I am hoping that the fact that she is a social bug this could be a motivator........I dont like this, not at all! But I will not tolerate lying and total laziness. She tries to stash dishes, she is sent to move laundry and I will follow her and find her sitting ontop the washer doing nothing, instead of just doing it!
    ANYWAY, how does this effect my planning ahead? I have planned lunch for the office the last two days. It was her chore to package it up after dinner and leave it in the fridge, the last two morning I have gone to grab it on the way out the door and it was not portioned out into a container with a lid. Of course I discover this last minute, get upset with her laziness, and then just bag the whole thing.

Tonight I will be preparing some pork to take in our lunches, and I will make her SHOW me that she has packaged it up right. YES I could do it myself, but that is what she is counting on. Funny how she packages up her dads meals right, and even gets them out of the kitchen and sets them up next to his coat for him to grab on the way out...........but not for me. She is sweet as pie to everyone, so many people actually make comments to me as to how sweet, loving and helpful she is.......but for me she tries to push every button, she even admits it.

Fitness
    Damn I hate that word.
    Anyway (how many times I have used that word??).........so Any Whoooose, the Total Gym arrived on Tuesday. I am going to call it Vlad, after Vlad the III from Romania--nick name Vlad the Impaler. He makes the top 10 list for Most Evil Men in History. Fitting right?
    Vlad is still in the box, in the middle of the living room, I think we open up the coffin tonight...thats the plan anyway. If you dont hear from me for awhile, you now know why.

And that's what I know right now........

Today:
    Coffee and cream again
    Tonight: beef and sausage stuffed Plobemo peppers, wrapped in bacon, and a side salad with blue cheese

Tonight In the pot for lunch, pork in veggies and coconut milk and curry
    Redflame

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Let me start off by saying, GOOD JOB.

Day 3 was rocky, but successful.

You have everything right. Something fermented, lots of fat (your macros are awesome,) and tons of protein to help you kick your cravings to the curb.

Obviously you didn't have enough calories and should focus on eating a bit more of just about anything.

Keep it up! You're doing it right.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Oh my gosh - you sound soooo much like me - aren't 15yr olds fun???? I have a DD also. Sending patience your way! Mine does her chores pretty well, but the lying, scheming and such is getting old! How many numbers can you block on their phones to only have the "friends" get new numbers. We've even had an out of state "friend" find a way to get a local number thinking we would not figure that out. I'm ready to block all but emergency numbers on her phone but my hubby seems to enjoy the "chess game" they are playing.

Oh well, I suppose we did much the same to our parents. I'm just trying to make sure she doesn't screw up and loose her future. It is a much different world than we grew up in!

Very true! It is our job to stay on top of things, no matter how much it STINKS! It will pay off in the long run, but right now MOM is the evil one. Oh well, I have been called far worse. My son was no problem at all! But then there is a difference between a mother son relationship and a father daughter relationship.
    Right now she has lost her phone, she lost music (Ipod etc) lost most computer priveleges (never did have free roam, always out in the open anyway)
    She cannot even go to youth group---ohh that makes her mad. We shall see!
    Redflame

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do you every feel like the idiot for giving her all those toys in the first place? I am so sick of chasing down the very elecronics you've mentioned plus an e-nook! They all access the internet (hello face book) and it seems that the sole purpose is to allow them to get into stuff! Then they sell parental control programs so that we can attempt to have some control over what we have given them. Aaaaaaaahhhhhh! Youth group is a privillage here also, but atleast I don't have to worry about what they might be getting into there!

It's like parenting a toddler some days. Have you seen the e-trade add where the baby is in time out for riding the dog like a horse? He doesn't care as he has a laptop and is checking his e-trade account. Mom comes along and takes away the laptop and he pulls out a smart phone. Too funny because that is exactly what many parents life has become!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast