Thread: Primal Journal (GirlintheGarden) page

GirlintheGarden is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (GirlintheGarden)

Primal Fuel
    Journal Entry 1

Today is day 4 of 100% dedication to Primal living. I kinda "started" things on Jan 1 but (enter any random excuse here) happened and I didn't get my hands dirty until January 9.

My goals? To lose 100 pounds and inspire the love of my life to join in on the journey with me. I also miss my old clothes, my old activities, and most of all, my old confidence.

I'm calling this the Comeback Tour. There will be numerous destinations along my route to transformation, including my first scheduled appearance in Phoenix at the end of February to tackle some of the mountains that I used to love to hike.

So get excited because the energetic and always enthusiastic Barb is coming back!

STATS as of 1/9/12:

Journal Entry 2

Today is officially day 8 of my quest. I am thrilled to say that I have lost 14 pounds so far! Holy crap that is incredible! I feel fantastic (I type as I take a bite of bacon).

Aside from eating like a champ, I have gotten in a few good workouts as well. I have actually started lifting weights and I'm actually enjoying it since the sessions have been pretty quick but with some moderate intensity. I have also hiked a few times, gone cross country skiing and I enjoyed a swim this morning.

On February 21 I will depart for Phoenix and I am getting my body prepped for several amazing hikes. Having this trip to look forward to has been a huge inspiration. Not only do I want to be fit enough to keep up with the hike, but I also want to look better in some of my vacation clothes. I even want to lay out by the pool in a bikini. Yeah, that's right. I will still weigh a bit, but I am totally wearing a bikini. Mwa ha ha. Take that people I will never see again!

I've been reading a lot of the success in the making stories. They are so inspiring. I can't wait to have a success story of my own.

Yay Barbie!

Journal Entry 3

I am excited to say that I made catfish for breakfast. I fried it in butter, got it nice and brown and then I sprinkled some black pepper and lemon juice on it. Best breakfast yet!

Time for TMI: I love waking up every morning and the first thing I do is poop. This has not happened since I was a young teenager. It's awesome. I was used to being backed up for a week at a time or running to the bathroom because of diarrhea. So for about 9 days now this has been the ritual.

I've been feeling lots of energy that carries me the whole day through. I also feel very calm and peaceful. Sleeping great at night- I feel spoiled getting 8 or 9 hours each night. I'm also continuing moderate and varying exercise sessions.

I have one confession, however, as I am afraid this might be a bad thing: I'm addicted to juicing. The juicer I got for Christmas has been used DAILY and I've been cramming about 5 servings of fruit into each session. I love it. It's so sweet and refreshing. I try to limit that to my only fruit intake each day, but sometimes I have a solid orange or a couple of kiwis. I keep telling myself that this isn't such a bad thing. It's a treat that helps me transition into making this my way of life. Right? Right?

Well, Happy Friday! We'll be getting a bunch of snow today (my favorite! Seriously.)
    Last edited by GirlintheGarden; 03-23-2012 at 06:17 PM.

macroniche is offline Junior Member

where's next post?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlintheGarden View Post
    Journal Entry 3

I am excited to say that I made catfish for breakfast. I fried it in butter, got it nice and brown and then I sprinkled some black pepper and lemon juice on it. Best breakfast yet!

Time for TMI: I love waking up every morning and the first thing I do is poop. This has not happened since I was a young teenager. It's awesome. I was used to being backed up for a week at a time or running to the bathroom because of diarrhea. So for about 9 days now this has been the ritual.

I've been feeling lots of energy that carries me the whole day through. I also feel very calm and peaceful. Sleeping great at night- I feel spoiled getting 8 or 9 hours each night. I'm also continuing moderate and varying exercise sessions.

I have one confession, however, as I am afraid this might be a bad thing: I'm addicted to juicing. The juicer I got for Christmas has been used DAILY and I've been cramming about 5 servings of fruit into each session. I love it. It's so sweet and refreshing. I try to limit that to my only fruit intake each day, but sometimes I have a solid orange or a couple of kiwis. I keep telling myself that this isn't such a bad thing. It's a treat that helps me transition into making this my way of life. Right? Right?

Well, Happy Friday! We'll be getting a bunch of snow today (my favorite! Seriously.)
    Juicing = bad. You are getting calories in way too fast into your system. Especially if it's fruit. I would suggest that rather than juicing with fruit you juice with kale and veggies and just one fruit (berries) . But really just step away from the juicer! Eat an apple if you need your fruit. Eat some berries with coconut butter or something. But if you juice you are going to spike your blood sugar and the whole damn point of eating primal is to not do that. Hope you are doing ok. People do read these and care you know !