Thread: Raw Honey, Cocount Nectar page

markfj is offline Junior Member

Raw Honey, Cocount Nectar

Primal Fuel
    Hi all

Just couple of questions

Is raw honey a good sweetener to use for baking without adding to many carbs if trying to loose fat? I want to make some chocolate Brownies as per recipe book, but probably for postworkout or a treat, as I guess they're not great for eaing every day due to containing honey

Also, looking at getting some Coconut Nectar is this stuff any good? Better/worse than honey?

Last question, I mad some mayonnaise earlier today with Olive oil, Ive seen alot of people use EVOO as opposed to just olive oil, but is there much difference in terms of good fats?

Thanks all!

Mark

Korga is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Honey, rice syrup, maple syrup, barley syrup; they are all sweeter than regular sugar and you should cut the amount by 1/3 to 1/2. I've found brownies to be pretty satisfying with half or even less sweetener. The cocoa is the main flavor. Adding cinnamon makes them seem even sweeter. That should help you cut down on the carbs from sugar sources. For post workout a baked sweet potato is good. I also make energy bars from 4C puffed rice, 1/2C dried cranberries or raisins, 1C sunflower seeds, 1C Pumpkin seeds, 1C raw Tahini, 1/2C Maple syrup, 1t Vanilla. Combine wet ingredients and bring to a boil. Mix with dry stuff and press into a greased pan. Press down firmly with waxed paper. Let set overnight. Cut into bars.