Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Primal sort of change your religious belief? page

Issabeau is offline Senior Member

Did Primal sort of change your religious belief?

Shop Now
    Here is what I mean.

I grew up strict Protestant in central Europe and had my Konfirmation at age 14, belonging to the Protestant church and during times of war will be called upon to fight for my belief. My church taxes were taken out of my pay every month and I thought I was doing hte right thing.

I came to America, and seeing how americans have 998321 different versions of the The Bible and change everything into whatever promotes most business (Mormones) I turned away from religion in general and ended up being an atheist.
    I've always hated the fact that I HAD to go to church as a child and being an adult gave me the freedom of making my own decisions and forming my own opinions. 20 years of being atheist...

...then...Primal happened. I healed my entire body...so many ailments were cured and I am disease free, have outstanding health, and generally feel like a prime human being. Now, everytime I sit down to eat the pastured, grassfed/finished, clean animal flesh I thank the animal for giving its life and nourishing my body so I can live. I thank mother earth for putting clean, healthy food on my table. It sort of started happening...I never thought much about religion until now and am truly greatful to mother earth for providing nourishing food.
    I think Weston Price had a similar awakening when traveling to remote areas...for his book says "Return to harmony with Nature's law, since life in its fullness is Nature obeyed."
    It also feels great to physically bond with my new 'God' (mother Earth), taking my shoes off and burrying my feet and hands into the ground ... the greatest appreciation for anything ever given to me.

p.s.Sorry for the primitive english, it's not my first language.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    No Epiphany here. I have always respected my earth and my Lord. I just have a more original way to eat.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Religion is philosophy turned into dogma. Keep what you feel as a philosophy, and it can change along with you.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I definitely feel much more "connected" to the wild world and to myself as an animal than I used to. But it's just a feeling and an attitude, not a religious belief. I'm still an atheist.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Lutheran > Agnostic > Atheist > Asatru
    That was my progression... but I was Asatru before I was primal. Tends to work pretty well together, though: meat and cheese is common in both Primal circles, and ancestral traditions.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    hasn't changed my religion because I don't have one

primal eating only makes Science make more sense to me, which i love

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I was already an unwashed heathen before I went primal.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    Lutheran > Agnostic > Atheist > Asatru
    I'm curious; do you believe in the actual existence of the Norse pantheon? Or is it more of a cultural identity/affinity for ancient traditions thing? Just wondering what would convince you that the Norse gods exist after coming to the conclusion that the Biblical one doesn't, if you do believe that.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

brachiate is offline Senior Member
    I can't get my head around how a modern person feeling a connection with nature comes under the category of religion (though it would probably have played a large role in the evolution of supernatural beliefs, via animism). A kind of "spirituality" at a stretch, but mainly for lack of a better term ("primal awe"?). For me religion would require a belief in the supernatural.
    The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    (Lily Tomlin)

I take life easier than almost anyone I know, but when I exercise I do it as though my life depends on it (which it does).
    (Arthur De Vany)

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I definitely feel much more "connected" to the wild world and to myself as an animal than I used to. But it's just a feeling and an attitude, not a religious belief. I'm still an atheist.
    Very well said

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast