Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Varying meats? page

alydar is offline Member

Varying meats?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just wondering if anyone tends to ignore (purposely or not) one form of meat or another. For example, do you tend to eat a lot of chicken and fish and not much beef? Or just fish - nothing else?

Is it ok to be sparing in one area and eat more in another area?

Oh! and just wanted to throw into this thread that I tried bear for the first time a couple of weeks ago! That definitely has opened my eyes (and stomach) up to more possiblities than what's found in a store.

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Just remember, sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes...

But back on topic, I'm one of the millions who can't stomach the the thought of eating fish. Of any sort. So I don't.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat nearly as much fresh seafood as I would like. ($$)

I also don't eat much chicken, since I don't have a local source for them. I'm still looking.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I tend to cycle through the main species, but not consciously. Pork is very autumnal, at the minute I'm all about the fish (mostly tinned, sadly). Beef and lamb go in major rotation, but chicken tends to be scattered more randomly. Game is of course seasonal, if available.

But maybe I'm weird

DR - grow your own?

alydar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Croak View Post
    Just remember, sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes...

But back on topic, I'm one of the millions who can't stomach the the thought of eating fish. Of any sort. So I don't.
    LOL! So true!

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    I probably eat too much pork, chicken, and turkey because they're cheap. We're on a tight budget at the moment. My favourite meat is beef (mmmm, steak!) and I do like lamb and duck. While I enjoy seafood, I don't eat too much of it anymore as I was spoiled by west coast fish markets for 3 years in Vancouver, and seafood in Ontario is comparatively expensive and not as good. I'd like to find a good source for QUALITY seafood one day.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

alydar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    I tend to cycle through the main species, but not consciously. Pork is very autumnal, at the minute I'm all about the fish (mostly tinned, sadly). Beef and lamb go in major rotation, but chicken tends to be scattered more randomly. Game is of course seasonal, if available.

But maybe I'm weird

DR - grow your own?
    Personally, I tend to be like this - I tend to get "stuck" on one thing for a period. But with a fam. of 5 there are all the other opinions in the house to consider. *eyeroll* lol

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Beef is now a household favorite. We like chicken and I often splurge to get wild caught alaskan salmon on the table. I don't like turkey much anymore and pork is fine with me. I guesse I am fairly open to eating all meats except those that are my personal friends.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Beef and chicken tend to be regular appearances on our table, most meals are one or the other. Geek doesn't care for most seafood, so I only get those at restaurants or when he's out of town. Neither of use cares for turkey or pork that's not bacon or sausage, so that never hits our menu. Lamb, buffalo, and goat occasionally make an appearance if they're on sale or I'm making chili. Shrimp gets on the menu when it's on sale. Sushi/ sashimi is about an once every couple month splurge.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

JVib is offline Senior Member
    I have a 12 yr old daughter who is VERY picky (and a major carbavore) and a wife who only came around to primal in the last 6 months. We don’t want to force the primal food on our daughter all at once. However, we consistently eat a primal dinner whether my daughter likes it or not. Beef, chicken, and pork are in regular rotation in my house for family dinners (mostly conventional - we just can't afford the grass fed organic stuff right now). Fish, Turkey, lamb, and duck make an appearance once in a while if they’re on sale (just got some lamb stew meat on sale last week).

I would love to get my hands on some wild game. Someday I’ll take up hunting.

I personally eat some form of canned fish for lunch at least 3-4 days per week (clams, oysters, sardines, salmon, mackerel or tuna) for lunch. I also eat organic grass fed beef liver and heart at least once per week (Cheaper due to the” yuck” factor); usually liver with eggs for breakfast and heart with my lunch.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast