Thread: Anyone who took phen fen in the past? page

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member

Anyone who took phen fen in the past?

Primal Fuel
    I am interested in talking with people who were prescribed phen fen or any other combination of amphetamine plus a SSRI drug. Many docs who shied away from using Redux or fenfluramine substituted Prozac or Zoloft in conjunction with their speed Rx.

Was told recently that speed stays in the fat, and comes out when you lose weight. I am not talking about abuse of illegal street drugs, but pharmaceutical stimulants like phentermine as well as Ritalin and adderal.

I guess I should say that was over 10 years ago.

Now someone is telling me that the drug is in my fat and will make me sick if it comes out. Sounds bizarre but stranger things are true.

Any insight, experience? I am curious.
    Last edited by Snauzoo; 02-19-2012 at 02:21 PM.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i don't really want to get into details, but suffice it to say, i've taken lots of phentermine; years ago. years later i got fat, and still years later, i lost all the weight. suffered no adverse consequences whatsoever.

Calibunny is offline Member
    I took the Phen Fen combo in the late 90s, for about 2 years. Lost about 30 lbs, turned into a crazy bitch on wheels...then the drugs stopped working and I gained all the weight back...and stopped taking it. I don't know how my husband didnt divorce me during that time, i was HORRIBLE. I am suffering no ill-effects that i KNOW of...no heart problems, etc. Just the feeling of mortification when I think about how I acted. IN PUBLIC. *shudder*

The drug staying in your fat sounds weird, but i'm not a pharmacist. I'm just greatful that I finally found the right way to eat!

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    That sounds cooky. Marijuana also gets stored in fat (I don't know exactly what that's supposed to mean, though) but you can't get high from burning that fat. I also doubt any drug could stow away in your fat indefinitely; 10 years is a long time.

If you could get sick like that it would make a good episode of House.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    That sounds cooky. Marijuana also gets stored in fat (I don't know exactly what that's supposed to mean, though) but you can't get high from burning that fat. I also doubt any drug could stow away in your fat indefinitely; 10 years is a long time.

If you could get sick like that it would make a good episode of House.
    LMAO. Actually I hate that show, but I get what you mean. I have heard that you can have LSD flashbacks so why not pot flashbacks?

I hope someone who knows about this will reply. I know that people who go from high linoleic acid diets to paleo and primal diets have all sorts of wierd gut issues when the crap in their fat is burned off. Why not other stuff that the liver did not know what to do with so it stuck it there too?
    Not arguing in favor of this, god forbid, I would hate for it to be true.

I just got my friend to text me the url to where she had read the study that prompted her comment to me:
    http://www.able.org/studies/detox/drug_storage.pdf

There is a very interesting discussion about 3 pages into the pdf where it postulates how amphetamine interferes with leptin. So a long term amphetamine user could theoretically mess up their leptin signalling to the point that they would have a rapid weight gain, and move into metabolic syndrome if no interventional dietary changes occur.
    Last edited by Snauzoo; 01-12-2012 at 02:48 PM.

dado Guest
    the bottom line is that after some period of abstaining from this drug, your body will return to normal. it has nowhere else to go. it goes to what it knows. you are young.