Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Screw this BS! I Quit..! page

WinkBlu is offline Member

Angry Screw this BS! I Quit..!

Primal Fuel
    …being unhealthy, overweight, drinking too much and being miserable!!!

I started Primal in 2011 and immediately knew it was “right”. Then life happened. Few drinks here and there turned into drinking almost every night…which lead to drinking all weekend long (hey, we deserve to relax on the weekends, right??).

I know the primal lifestyle is best for me. So right now, right here I RESOVE TO SCREW THE BS AND QUIT! Beginning right NOW. No more excuses, no more delaying it, no more BS!

I’m joining feastingforager’s 30 day challenge buddy thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46123.html and committing to updating my journal thread DAILY.

Anyone else feed up with themselves?
    "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    lol!!! Yesh!! I am determined to get off my arse and exercise-

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    I know EXACTLY how you feel! I started feeling that way in November, right around my 30th birthday. Completely by accident, I stumbled on to the book Wheat Belly and the corresponding blog, which led me to MDA and a few other sites about primal living.

The first couple months of this journey have been very confusing and hard for me. Quitting anti-depressants originally left me feeling so completely depressed, combined with all the dietary changes I was about to give up. I'm glad I didn't though. Adding in more exercise (low intensity walking, a couple HIIT sessions, and weights) really seems to have done the trick.

I can't wait to see some tangible results. I hope you see some soon too!

dado Guest
    "the path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"

saturnfan is offline Senior Member
    While I don't drink every night, I certainly have not given it up. I consider it my primary indulgence and instead work extra hard at avoiding other stuff.
    Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
    Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
    Goal: 160

WinkBlu is offline Member
    Welcome LexxyV86 and Nikitatolata! Glad to have some company on this journey!

I too need to incorporate some type of activity, exercise into my lifestyle. I think it's been hard for me as my SO and I were hard core gym junkies a few years ago and I don't want to go back to that mentality (although the lack of any activity is worse!). There is a college track just up the road from our apt, but I just HATE walking around in a circle! and the rest of the neighborhood is one LARGE hill leading to the highway maybe lifting weights and doing some modified form of P90x at home is the solution for me.

@dado - Love the quote

@saturnfan - I wish I could use alcohol as an indulgence. For me, right now that's simply not an option. One drink will only lead to more for me
    "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Hi WinkBlu et al;

felt like you did four months ago and made the change.

Worth every penny!

Good luck one and all

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Hey i just want to say i understand your wanting to abstain from the booze... But once you get things in order it doesnt have to be.

I drink every Friday and Sat night almost out with my friends. (and more than a few... I have a good time. I did however change what I drink) It is a vice of mine like smoking a pipe or cigar now and then. I choose to keep them and that is that.

That being said primal still works great for me and I keep getting closer to my goals.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Ex-alcoholic here. Haven't had a drink in seven years. Because I'll die if I do, and I like being alive.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

tinawalker is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am right there with you...started off strong...dropped nine pounds easily...and then got back into drinking...stupid. I have restarted and have sworn off beer...until such a time I am where I want to be and can partake in moderation!

Start Date/Weight: December 6, 2011 - 203 lbs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast