Thread: And the weight is STILL off!!! page

Thunderchild is offline Member

And the weight is STILL off!!!

My story starts back last July 2011. I decided to go totally Paleo on my vacation last year. My wife and I would get up in the morning, I cooked eggs and sliced tomatoes and what ever seafood we had for breakfast. We would then just leave the house and go walking around the island or just do something that required us to move. Lunch and dinner was always something grilled. Usually fish or some shell fish. You can tell what food we like most. After 2 weeks we came back home and I discovered my weight went from 182 lbs. when we left, to 171 lbs on our return. I have managed to stay at this weight since then! At the most I have gone up to 173 lbs!! I was maintaining a nice workout regime until I tore my rotator cuff fully! Now 3 month's after surgery I have been able to keep this weight!! I can't wait until I can start upper body workouts again.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Congrats! Good luck with the cuff recovery, that is not a fun injury, so I've heard.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    You went on vacation and you LOST 10 pounds!!

Heal up soon. Recovering from surgery is rough, I've been there.

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    What a great vacation story! I am going on my first cruise with my extended family in march, and I am going to keep this story in mind on that vacation. Thank you. xoL

Thunderchild is offline Member
    Thanks all. My vacation was a total diet change. Just fish and shell fish. We ate some grilled baby backs only once in 2 weeks. Usually we eat a lot more red meat. We moved around every day also. I work computers so I sit just about all day. The constant moving and the good diet made it all possible.

The shoulder will be back to normal in about a year! That is what my doctor says it will take for it to get the full mobility back. I did push ups for the first time last night in 3 month's. And, they were upright on the edge of a table. I am just starting my strength rehab as of yesterday. Long road to walk...

hixster is offline Member
    Congratulations on the maintenance and good luck with the rehab.

ciaobella13 is offline Member
    Congratulations! That is awesome. I'm going on vacation next friday for 2 weeks to the islands, and I hope I can do the same
    Started Primal: 12/31/2011
    SW and BF%: 189.7 @ 33% (chest 41.5 - waist 30.5 - hips 41.5)
    CW and BF%: 182 @ 30.1%
    GW and BF%: 165 @ 18%?? LGN, baby!!

My Primal Journal

Tiki is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats! I started back in July too, while on vacation (boating with the family). Grilled this and that, salad, eggs for breakfast. Took off 15 pounds fairly quickly...kept it off.

Keep it up!
    --------------------------------
    Primal since July 2011