Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eventually I'll figure it out :) page 3

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We slept with the windows open last night... it felt so nice!

Yesterday's food
    B - 3 eggs, 2 whites, cucumber and sour cream
    L - cleaning out the freezer... filled frying pan with frozen string beans and broccoli and browned them a bit added coconut milk and green curry and had it with 2 small frozen salmon filets. Turned out really good. Green curry will make just about anything taste good I think.
    D - grill fest - burgers, zucchini, patty pan squash, onions, avocado served with basil cauliflower rice. The grilled avocado wasn't as mind blowing as the food blog described it to be - but it was good. 2 servings blueberries and coconut milk.

No real exercise yesterday besides 2.5 mile walk with the dog and volunteer work that had me on my feet for 3 hours. Needed the rest day though.

I've got the recipe for Chipotle's Carnitas that I like in the crockpot now but I tried it was some chicken breasts that were on sale... not sure it is working, the chicken seems a bit dry. Nothing some guacamole won't fix

Oops. Didn't write for a few days. Nothing remarkable happening really.

Food has been ok. Had another got-too-hungry episode yesterday but luckily it was around 3 PM (having not eaten until then) and after eating 1500 calories or so got rational ideas back into my head and even made it to a party with lots of cakes and cookies and did just fine

Went for a 6 mile hike the other day with 2000 ft vertical or so. One of the 'easiest' hikes in my little geographic area of mountain hikes. A few years ago this would have been a warm up. 2 days out and my calves are sore to the touch...

30 lb kettle bell snatches today at crossfit felt easy today. Maybe next time I'll try the 35 lb.

The WOD kicked my butt though. Between my quads and my calves being so sore from hiking it was rough. Did some cool post WOD strength stuff and then finally got home and ate breakfast around 2...

B - 3 eggs, 2 whites, some leftover roasted broccoli and squash, sour cream and a tomato, 1/2 lb strawberries
    D - leftover chicken breast, pico de gallo, sour cream, 1 ounce really good (and expensive...) cheddar
    1 cup coconut milk, 2 cups blueberries
    Last edited by lorichka6; 07-22-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Keep forgetting to journal...

Monday:

B - 3 eggs, 2 whites, sour cream, cucumbers and tomatoes. Eggs tasted better than normal. I think I've been eating this for a month straight now and I still love it.
    L - Finished up leftover shredded chicken with pico and sour cream

Crossfit - good WOD. Worked up to 85 lb thrusters but no hip pop at that weight. 75 lbs was fine. Protein drink.

D - made a paleo sheperd's pie... holy cow it came out good. Next time I'll use a little less bacon and a little more ground beef I think. I can't believe something was too bacon-y but it was. I think it might have been the cooking of the bacon that messed me up though. I put the whole package in the pan (chopped) and lost track of it chopping the vegetables. I didn't burn it but the fat was all foamy/bubbly. My ex used to make pork rolls and the smell of those made me sick. The bacon smelled like that (and it was Applegate's Sunday bacon which I really like and use all the time). I could still sense that pork roll taste in the finished casserole. When my fiance (who is not paleo) proclaimed "you can't even tell it isn't potatoes" I knew I really had a winner. Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow. Dessert was an entire 85% lindt bar. I was feeling rather peckish and hungry last night and eventually went and brushed my teeth and flossed to get out of the food mindset.

Woke up feeling blah today. Physically tired, not sleepy tired. Did 3 miles with the dog and then went to crossfit to work on starting strength stuff and just had nothing. Worked on squat form instead of going heavy (135 lbs 3 x 5) and half assed some presses - 70 x 5, 75 x 4, 75 x 3. Then I went to pick berries on a local preserve - 1.5 mile walk in and I realized I left my containers on the hood of my car

STARVING when I got home.

B - 4 eggs, 2 whites, sour cream, cucumber, small sweet potato with some butter, left over 4 oz burger and coffee. This should hold me until dinner! Not quite Tempted by the kale and shredded brussels sprout salad with almonds and pecorino romano cheese... it was tasty.
    Last edited by lorichka6; 07-24-2012 at 11:52 AM.

So in the last week... my 21 day binge free streak ended. Frozen yogurt (damn those choose your own toppings places!!! ), ice cream, cookies... it was a doozy. I could feel it coming on for 2 days and really tried to fight it. I was munchy for 2 days leading up to it and ate real food hoping that I could just make it. The morning I gave in my heart was racing, I was literally kind of shaky... like a real addict withdrawing and just "having to have" that fix. Sigh. But, it isn't like I had real expectations of being "cured" so I got back to paleo and crossfit the next day and moved on. Beat myself up a lot less than normal too. And was probably more pleasant to be around the following day

Since then things have been fine. Eating normal - but probably with a little too much Lindt 85% chocolate... I'm not sure if indulging a little too much each day helps prevent 5000 calorie binges or not... I tell myself it will help but don't know if that is delusional BS.

On a side note, I haven't been hungry for breakfast at all lately. Usually not eating until 12 or 1. This partly helps me to "ok" the 500 calorie chocolate at night but I'm also just not hungry in the morning. I don't know.

Today
    B/L - 2 eggs, 4 whites cooked with a small bit of butter (that whole thread about calories has be wondering about my fat intake), left over shredded chicken, 2 tbsp sour cream (when this tub is gone - no more!), 2 mini cucumbers, 1/2 rotten tomato (the bottoms of many of our tomatoes are rotting while they are on the vine...)

Gotta go find a good recipe for the organic drumsticks I snagged for 30% off because their sell by date is tom'w!

D - snacked on carrots and celery while cooking. And some blue cheese. Roasted fennel and onion with leftover sheperd's pie. Made a nice salad with carrot, celery, apple and some good blue cheese. We polished off the honeydew as well. I ate my chocolate bar and was still munchy. 3 rice cakes with butter and honey. 1 snack pack of almonds and too many macadamia nuts. Entered it into fitday. About 3200 calories. Oh well. That was the last of the Lindt bars. Going to take a break from those for a while and try to get back to the coconut milk with blueberries. I think the caffeine in the chocolate has been contributing to my crappy sleep.

I gotta get myself back on a breakfast, lunch, dinner schedule. I think this resurgence of overeating at night is due to not eating enough during the day and getting too hungry. And I miss waking up hungry and empty feeling rather than bloated and stuffed. Yuck.
    Last edited by lorichka6; 08-01-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Goals for today:

Take:
    Fish oil
    Vit D
    Vit B
    Magnesium at night

Read Rational Recovery literature
    Take a nap

Goals for today:

Take:
    Fish oil (done)
    Vit D (done)
    Vit B (done)
    Magnesium at night - its so hot... I don't want something hot to drink.

Read Rational Recovery literature - didn't have time
    Take a nap - didn't have time

Fasted until protein drink after xfit.

Dinner was roasted chicken drumsticks. Really good. Ate 4. I had a salad with apple, celery, cherry tomatoes (candy!), carrots, last of the fancy blue cheese. Also made this wacky brussel sprout salad that most people would gag over - shredded sprouts with grapefruit. The dressing is buttermilk, mustard, some vinegar and sesame oil. Chopped almonds on top. Dessert is frozen canned pumpkin and coconut milk.

Looking forward to waking up hungry tomorrow morning. Though, on the other hand, fasting today was easier than I thought. I got hungry at a few points but just didn't eat. I'm not sure how it would go if I hadn't overeaten the day before. Will power is always higher and hunger always less after a binge. Even if it isn't a big one.

So, in a moment of destiny I happened to be home around 3 today and turned on Dr. Phil for the first time in 10 years. It was a show about a fitness model who struggles with binge eating. It was like she was speaking my mind. I guess I'm not the only one out there. If only I could get on Dr. Phil and have them foot the bill to the eating disorder clinic like they are doing for her.

Goals for today:

Take:
    Fish oil (done)
    Vit D (done)
    Vit B (done)
    Magnesium at night -

Read Rational Recovery literature -

Wide awake by 5 AM today. I'm not sure what is going on with sleep lately. When school first finished this summer I was like this. Kind of giddy almost - awake until 11 PM or so and then up at 5 with no alarm. This lasted 2 weeks or so. Then I was sleeping like crazy - until 10 AM which is unheard of for me. Now I'm back to going to sleep at 10 or 11, sleeping fitfully and awake early. I don't feel tired during the day though.

Made some stock today from the bones from last night's chicken. And googled wedding cake ideas. Found one I like. I'm going to give the very nonpaleo frosting a shot this afternoon.

Dog walk - 3 miles or so, home by 9 AM, *dripping* in sweat. Ugh. I'm ready for fall.
    B ~11 - 4 eggs, 2 whites, chopped tomato and cucumber, small serving of sour cream, full tbsp of butter on the eggs

In my quest to work my way through the freezer, I'm using some ground turkey to try these minus the breadcrumbs and flour.

Goals for today:

Take:
    Fish oil (done)
    Vit D (done)
    Vit B (done)
    Magnesium at night - its even hotter, but I'm going to try

Read Rational Recovery literature - sigh. no. but maybe after I type this up.

Lunch was some zucchini pasta with pesto and other veggies at the lunch bar at our local co-op and some leftover fruit salad.

Crossfit. Ouch (a good one). I'm tired and sore.

That turkey meatballs came out really good. I've tried a bunch of new recipes the last few days and they have all been delicious. But no leftovers Made it with zucchini noodles.

In my frosting adventures this afternoon I tried brown butter for the first time. I'm not ashamed to say once the pot cooled down I used my finger to get it basically clean. I heard the frosting was good too but I didn't try any. I'm looking forward to working on getting this right for the wedding

Goals for today:

Take:
    Fish oil (done)
    Vit D (done)
    Vit B (done)
    Magnesium at night - done
    Read Rational Recovery literature - done

I took my Mg last night and boy did I sleep like a rock. For 6 hours. Crossfit was especially tough last night and as I was lying on the sofa last night my arms were actually throbbing. Not injury-like pain, but worked-a-little-too-hard pain. I took another shot of fish oil and the Mg and feel quite a bit better today. More than expected. I will still take today off though. Even though they are doing prowler pushes which are my favorite Walked the dog a little longer this AM and am thinking of doing a little mall walking later so corporate America can help subsidize my AC bill.

Trader Joe's just opened in my area. Some deals that my wallet will appreciate:
    - uncured bacon ends - 3.99 a lb instead of 10.00 at the co-op
    - raw milk blue cheese - 7.00 a lb instead of 12.00 at the co-op
    - Kerrygold butter - 3.00/stick instead of 5.00 at the grocery store

There was a lot of press about how crazy the section of town would be today with the opening and I must say things were running very smoothly inside the store and reasonably smoothly on the road near the store. And I got a free reusable bag. So now the world will know that I am lucky enough to have a TJ near by.

Moving on to next random thought. I'm trying to stand when I lose countless hours to the interweb. I think my kitchen counter is a little too low, I need to read a little about good setups for standing desks. I also did the couch stretch while watching the news. And a little foam rolling too. But the dog sits on me when I do this. So it is tougher.
    Last edited by lorichka6; 08-04-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast