Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Priaml Journal - Fonda LaShay page 3

ecks is offline Senior Member
    You're so lucky to have such a supportive family! My family is in a funny cycle... They tell me that I'm looking really good, I tell them what I am doing, they tell me to go see a doctor because I'm "killing myself" then the next time I come over they ask all over again how/what I'm doing!

On a side note I tried vibram five finger shoes myself and I had a hard time. Vibram and Newbalance do a shoe together though that are barefoot runners and I personally love them!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I am really thrilled they are on-board. Luckily they were really easy to convince, my boyfriend on the other hand not as easy. He is like ~60% primal, but he thinks that wheat/sugar is ok. I am hoping that in a few months he will see my great success with it and join in 100% (ok well even 80% :P).

Day 5 Whole 30

Slept 8 hours last night, fairly easy to get up - I was awake, just did not want to get out of bed on account of this ridiculous cold wave hitting Norway. It started snowing in the night and when I got up there was ~ 3 in / 7cm. That made my walk to town interesting. Then when I got of the bus (which normally is a 10 minute trip and was a 55 minute one today) there was at least 5 in / 13 cm of snow. Now we are at ~12 in / 30 cm. All the snow walking really was a good workout.

Egg muffin for breakfast! Yummy! Normal Salad for lunch. (we normally have hard boiled eggs at work with lunch, but today the secretary made scrambled eggs since it was Friday - to be nice. But I did not even think about the fact that there was probably a splash of cream in them - ops! Ill remember next time!)

Had 2 fresh dates and ~10 almonds when I got home. Then for dinner salmon curry.

Photos of the food I remembered to take pics of this week. Think Ill try to just post the photo when I review the day instead next week
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fondalashay; 02-04-2012 at 04:52 AM.

I also just read this article - The benefits of selenium in treating autoimmune thyroid conditions. - my thyroid is doing well, but anything I can do to help it gets me interested.

Few notes I took from the article:

• It is thought that selenium deficiency does not specifically cause illness by itself, but that it makes the body more susceptible to illnesses caused by other nutritional, biochemical or infectious stresses, due to its role in immune function. Adequate selenium nutrition supports efficient thyroid hormone synthesis and metabolism and protects the thyroid gland from damage from excessive iodine exposure.

• Selenium is essential for the conversion of T4 to T3. ... In cases of severe selenium deficiency, conversion of T4 to T3 may be impaired, leading to hypothyroid symptoms

• {Not to supplement it, because it can cause ill effects.} .. the best option for most people may be to include selenium-rich foods in the context of a healthy Paleo diet. Great sources of selenium include: brazil nuts, crimini mushrooms, cod, shrimp, tuna, halibut, salmon, scallops, chicken, eggs, shiitake mushrooms, lamb, and turkey. For those concerned with the high level of omega-6 fats in brazil nuts, it may be worth considering the fact that it only takes one or two brazil nuts per day to improve your selenium status and boost immune function.

Think I will pick up some brazil nuts, since I already eat most of the other things.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    PORK RINDS! Totally full of selenium. Just get good ones - I don't know what's available in a place like Norway, though. Salmon rinds? It's in a lot of animal skin products anyway.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

There are pork rinds, but they are like pringles - fake :P I have made my own before though. Might have to give it a-go again. Pork rinds are so great, because you get them when you make lard - so it is like a 2-in-1!

Day 6 Whole 30

First half of the day was a very lazy day, it is -7 outside so we jut bummed around the house with a fire on. No food photos today.

Slept from around 2 am to 10.30 am. Would have slept longer but our neighbors are having lost of construction done on their house and it was just to noisy.

B: 1 egg, 5 pieces of bacon.

L/S: nada

We went to a friends for dinner, but it was not like a sit down dinner. So There was just a table of food and board games for 6 hours. My friends were over the top nice about making sure there were things I could eat So there was not really dinner, just 6 hours of grazing. Prob not the best for the leptin, but it was all good food.

D: hand full of raspberries. few slices of melon. 10 rounds/slices of this yummy dried pork&lamb sausage thing (like a extra large pepperoni). 2 large piece of lettuce filled with avocado, pulled pork and some homemade salsa. Since everyone was drinking- I took 1 liter of mineral water, with a few hand fulls of mixed berries, slices of lemon, and a tiny splash of organic 100% orange juice. It was ok, wish i would have made it 1 day ahead so the flavors had time to mingle. Think I will try it with carbonated water next time.

Exercise: We walked to said friends, took 45 minutes in the cold and it was snowy on the ground. Walking in snow, even a little is so much harder than walking normally. There was just a few inches most places, because we stayed on the little paths that have been made.

Day 6 Whole 30

Slept from 4 am to 10.30 am, then kinda slept until noon.

L: Leftover pulled pork, 1 avocado with one egg. Mint tea.
    D: Wok. Broccoli, bell pepper, mushroom, fish sauce and pork strips.

After dinner while doing Norwegian Class homework - 1 pot of mint tea.

All the sugar from the fruit yesterday really made me sleepy, When I woke up this morning I felt abit strange. Sat on the couch kicking around the internet, then reading and fell asleep for 2 hours. Felt much better after that.

No exercise today, due to the snow and feeling abit blah I skipped out on swimming. Which worked out ok due to the mass amount of homework I had.

I find it interesting that I notice such a difference with lots of fruit - abit of a brain fog. Now I know (I really knew before not to eat much - ek!) to just have some and the not snack on it or have more ect.

Looking to be a busy week, school and work are both going to be busy the next few weeks it seems. So I am going to have to be organized and wise with my time. But I will still check in daily, that is for sure!

Day 7 Whole 30

Slept from 11:30 - 7:10 - woke 5 minute before my alarm!

B: 1 cup pulled pork (leftover from party this weekend - so yummy, sad it is gone now)
    L: Large Salad. I cut the tomatoes though - I never realized how carb heavy they are. I am going to avid them this month. No egg though, so I doubled my meat.
    D: Salmon, sautéed mushrooms and zucchini (did end up eating the zucchini bc it was super sour), and a awesome salad I just made up (fennel, pomegranate, leek, cilantro, spinach, 2 dried apricots and pear all sliced really thin - then salt, pepper, lemon juice and evoo! )

Still traipsing through all this snow, a good 30 minutes + of it today. No proper exercise yet, planning to get my stationary cycle tonight while I read.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    I am so loving your food pictures! That salad looks totally mouthwatering. I'll have to come back to read all the things that are in it whenever I run out of inspiration
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I want to start doing the food picture journal thing too ... but my food is so good I just end up eating it before I remember! Not the worst diet, I guess .
    By the way, are you on the leptin reset protocol yet? I know we've been researching it, but didn't know if you were on it consistently yet. I'm working up to it.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast