Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Priaml Journal - Fonda LaShay page 2

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    Officially started the whole 30 today with my dad. I guess it is a version of, because we are both allowing stevia in tiny amounts (a pinch here and there). I think of stevia like I think of mint leaves that are growing in my window. A spice. Just a pinch with the finger worth when used. No heaping spoons! We are looking for flavor not sweetness overkill. I think we are all so used to sweet taste that we never taste things for what they really are!

So for the next 30 days I am eating Meat, Fish, Eggs, Vegetables, Fruit, Nuts, and Seeds. I will try to write in everyday/every few days (hopefully I remember and have the time) what I have had for the day.

B: 3 eggs, spice tea
    L: Large Salad with roast beef, scrambled egg and EVOO
    D: 1/2 a roasted chicken, roasted veggies in coconut oil (broccoli, onion, zucchini, red bell pepper)
    Snack: coconut milk with a spoon of cocoa powder, pinch of stevia, spoon of berry mash and squeeze of lime mixed up. It made a ton since I whipped it, so I took a sauce dish of about 1/2 cup. (right after dinner - so not sure if it is really a snack?!)

Exercise:
    Walk to town in a mad dash to catch the morning bus - 10 minutes
    Walk to work from bus, 10 minutes more
    Running errands at the mall - 1 hour

I am going to sleep soon, but checked in with my dad (time difference is fun, He has lunch about the time I go to bed :P) - he is really wanting to avoid snacking so his body can get rest in-between meals - along the leptin reset lines. I am glad he is doing this! He says so far the day is going great, he does not miss snacking but is annoyed by the habit of wanting to go get a snack. He was super excited about it and took a t-bone steak with grilled veggies to work for lunch - I am sure the other guys are jealous!
    Last edited by fondalashay; 01-30-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Day 2 Whole30

Slept from 11:15 to 7:15.
    I (creepishly) woke up like 1 minute before my alarm, sat up to see what time it was and my alarm went off. Was super cool, my body just knew I love how much better I have been sleeping since I started to take magnesium. Read up on it if you don't know. Here or/and Here.

2 hard boiled eggs and a cup of tea for breakfast.

Walk to town/bus/work. Which was hell to put it nicely - it is -6C here and not the way I like to wake up.

Lunch was my typical salad (which the guys at work asked if I was sick of yet because it looks so boring. I had to laugh at them because for the last year they have all eaten open face sandwiches with margarine, ham and cheese. Daily. Now that is boring! I get to mix up the veggies/meat/dressings ect)

Return walk to bus/town in the still frozen north. Some errands through town. Tested out a pair of vibrams! Will be buying some my next payday!

Swam for 30 minutes, 10 minutes in the suana too. Then walked home, taking the killer 4 stories of stairs to get home from the pool!

Dinner was paleo shepherds pie. No mash on top, but cauliflower in it's place. Had another cut of my whipped choco-coconut cream after dinner too!

Side note: I had a really bad tooth filing when I was younger that is really bothering me now. I think I am going to have to go to the dentist. Which I am not to happy about. I am really big against using tooth paste and flouride. I wrote this huge thing on it on my blog here if you are interested, not going to repeat it here. But I just am not looking forward to the arguments that might come from it. Otherwise my teeth are great, just this stupid 'bad work' as my dad said that was done back in the day.

Point of this is, besides cloves.. does anyone have any tips they have used to help pain (I have done plenty of googling, looking for tried and tested).. my upper gum is very slowed around this molar. Cloves work for me, but are abit messy at work :P

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    Such a lovely idea to post pictures of your meals I took pictures of my meals a few months back during my first attempt at primal but I stopped doing that because my boyfriend thought I was crazy
    Forgive my ignorance, but where is OKC? It will be -4/-6 here for the rest of the week so I feel your pain/cold.
    Do you have some more info on the magnesium? I think I might benefit from it (anything to help me sleep less restless) because I used to be such a chocoholic (= source of mag.) and I'm having none now. But I don't want to take a million supplements either, because I already have the birth control, SSRI, and iron/folic acid supplement I always take during exams, and I bought this big box of omega3 fish oil the other day. I feel like an old lady popping all those pills
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Hope your tooth is feeling better! At least you've been doing great at keeping up with your Whole 30 thing. Glad that on top of people on the forums, you've got your dad going in on it too.

And, yeah, Tricia - I totally get people looking at me like I'm an old lady with the pills. But at least I'm eventually getting a better sense of what's most necessary. We all need the Omega-3's and I think some of us might need some extra magnesium.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

@Tricia

Haha, by boyfriend laughs at me when I take photos now - but in a nice way. He says I get this look on my face and he knows it means it is photo time :P

OKC is short for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in the US - I lived there for the 11 years before I moved to Norway (the years before OKC were in Arkansas). Where are you, your temps are going to be the same/close as us here in Norway!

I take magnesium and K2 - articles linked below. I take those 2 because I know I am not going to get enough through my food. However, we eat lots of fish, so I dont take any cod liver oil. But I have some around incase we miss fish for awhile. I used to take tons of supplements. Stopped taking them and did not feel a difference. I did/do feel a difference when I eat foods with lots of vitamins in them. I do think that supplements have there place if you are fixing/healing/or have a extreme deficiency.

Steve's Original: Paleo Kits, Paleo Diet, Zone Diet, Paleo Diets, Gluten Free
    Are You Suffering From Magnesium Deficiency? | CHEESESLAVE
    Vitamin K: The Missing Nutrient
    Beyond Paleo: Get More Sleep

OK Whole 30 day 3

The first half of my day was typical (and how the rest will be probably :P - except weekends). Up, mad dash to town, bus, walk to work, 2 hard boiled eggs, cup of tea. Work, Lunch's typical salad.

Wednesdays I have Norskkurs (School to learn Norwegian). So I went to a cafe between work and school, normally dont have spare time between the two but will for a few more weeks. Had a mixed green salad, with evoo and chicken. Double check to make sure there was no gluten hiding anywhere in there - the lady said no, we can make it gluten free. They served it with 2 slices of gluten free bread. While they looked good, I know they had grains in them - so I left it on my plate. This cafe has long open tables where you share with others - like when you were a kid in the cafetria. There were people that looked at my funny for leaving my bread, even the lady remarked when she came for my plate. But the place is know for their really good bread - so i get that.. While I ate I read this great new book I got called 'Wheat Belly' - I highly recommend it! The science and facts and stories in it are amazing! I just can't seem to put it down!

No work out today, I am in school 3 hours after work so wednesday is my 'rest' day in that sense. Oh also slept the typical 8 hours last night.
    Last edited by fondalashay; 02-02-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you are a long way from home Fonda
    I'm in Belgium myself (lived here all my life), home of beer, "French" fries (though we invented them, truly) and chocolate, and remarkably sour people in spite of all that, hehe
    Thanks for the articles!
    It's great you manage to say no to things that are right in front of you on your plate - that's being in the Zone
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

I was in Belgium this summer, Brugge to be exact. Loved it, I hope to go back again. My boyfriend was in heaven there - he is a specialty beer lover!

I was shocked at the amounts of fries that I saw :P and the mayo that they were eaten with. (It was good though!) We drove to Brugge with friends from Amsterdam, was so nice. The drive reminded me alot of home (Oklahoma) since I was able to see so far - there are just to many mountains here to see far.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member

International

Wow, this forum is so international - love it!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Day 4 Whole30

I made these egg muffins last night because I was getting abit tired of hard boiled eggs at breakfast. I don't eat breakfast at home in the mornings, I know I am not going to get up in time - so I just plan things I can eat on the way to work or at work. So I took ramkins, greased them up, lined with bacon, then a layer of spinach, and then 2 eggs. Baked 20 ish minutes at 200C and put in the fridge. This morning I just grabbed one, it was like holding a donut - as in easy to hold transportable on the go food. And it was super yummy!

Normal Lunch, had tea with my lunch today. Did a new recipe at dinner. Was not the best but still tasty - think I might try something different with it next time. It was browned off pork chops, then put them into a casserole. Then gently/slightly sautéed 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves, 1 peach in some white wine vinegar. Put it all in the casserole and finished baking. Was tasty but abit to sour - think I over did the vinegar. We had it with baked parsnips cut in strips.

I went swimming for 30 ish minutes too. Was talking to a friend, so I lost track of time. Was nice to swim with her, she always pushes me - which is good. Today we raced on a lap, she got the length in 35 seconds and me in 45. I was impressed I was so close to her, she is very very fit.

Just checked in with my dad on skype, he had the carb flu this morning. But is says it seems to be gone now! yay! Also found out that my little sister is doing the whole 30 with us! I am OVER THE TOP HAPPY about this! She is 12, so to get her on this now is great!! She has been hearing dad and I talk about all this stuff for months. So when dad told her monday morning that he was starting the whole30 - she just confidently said 'good I am joining in too' - she has made it all week without any issues, she is a really smart girl. I sent them some books awhile back (1 being the Primal BP) and she has been doing her homework. Hard thing for her is she spends 1 week with my dad then the next with her mom. Her mom thinks we are all bat sh•t crazy - so that will be tough on her. I hope she finds a way to make it work. But I am over the top that she made a big choice and joined in Side Note: I was telling my dad I am buying Vibrams, and she heard and got mad because she was jealous and reallly wants a pair - I just love her!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 4 Whole30

I made these egg muffins last night because I was getting abit tired of hard boiled eggs at breakfast. I don't eat breakfast at home in the mornings, I know I am not going to get up in time - so I just plan things I can eat on the way to work or at work. So I took ramkins, greased them up, lined with bacon, then a layer of spinach, and then 2 eggs. Baked 20 ish minutes at 200C and put in the fridge. This morning I just grabbed one, it was like holding a donut - as in easy to hold transportable on the go food. And it was super yummy!

Normal Lunch, had tea with my lunch today. Did a new recipe at dinner. Was not the best but still tasty - think I might try something different with it next time. It was browned off pork chops, then put them into a casserole. Then gently/slightly sautéed 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves, 1 peach in some white wine vinegar. Put it all in the casserole and finished baking. Was tasty but abit to sour - think I over did the vinegar. We had it with baked parsnips cut in strips.

I went swimming for 30 ish minutes too. Was talking to a friend, so I lost track of time. Was nice to swim with her, she always pushes me - which is good. Today we raced on a lap, she got the length in 35 seconds and me in 45. I was impressed I was so close to her, she is very very fit.

Just checked in with my dad on skype, he had the carb flu this morning. But is says it seems to be gone now! yay! Also found out that my little sister is doing the whole 30 with us! I am OVER THE TOP HAPPY about this! She is 12, so to get her on this now is great!! She has been hearing dad and I talk about all this stuff for months. So when dad told her monday morning that he was starting the whole30 - she just confidently said 'good I am joining in too' - she has made it all week without any issues, she is a really smart girl. I sent them some books awhile back (1 being the Primal BP) and she has been doing her homework. Hard thing for her is she spends 1 week with my dad then the next with her mom. Her mom thinks we are all bat sh•t crazy - so that will be tough on her. I hope she finds a way to make it work. But I am over the top that she made a big choice and joined in Side Note: I was telling my dad I am buying Vibrams, and she heard and got mad because she was jealous and reallly wants a pair - I just love her!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast