Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: alleycat on a mission page 3

alleycat007 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would like to begin by saying that I came to the realization that I am happier then I have been in quite a long time.. whether it is the grok style of eating that has increased my positive moods (no more ups and down sugar crashes, tiredness) the lack of cardio crisis that I go through every few months where I literally go hard core cardio until I hate exercising, my hubby and I are getting along fabulously (which is most likely because of my enhanced mood), really trying not to let work stress me out and finding more time to play with my daughter and reducing the reliance on electronics or the stars aligning .. I think it is a combo of everything above.. mostly the fact that I can focus on something that I feel is making a difference in my body as well as making my family healthier.. I will admit I obsess a bit.. reading articles, finding recipes and trying them out but that is part of the fun for me.. so content with my life right now

Yesterday tried my first time at baking Paleo.. made a rocking pizza crust from rocofit.com.. was superb! tried her bread to but I didn't put in enough salt so it is quite bland.. has fabulous potential though!! Definitely did not eat enough protein yesterday with the pizza for dinner and my stomach was distended all night.. was kinda crazy but I feel fine today.. not like if I ate real pizza today going to eat paleo bread panini's for dinner so I need to protein up during the day to make up for the slight lack at dinner.. ps. all this bread is to compromise with my hubby who is having a very hard time leaving the bread and pasta behind.. he is trying though and for that I am grateful!

Exercise- P90x kenpo yesterday

Yesterday was another really great day.. rare case where I get a 5 day weekend!! Friday through Tuesday off .. and yes my baby went back to school yesterday giving her mama the day to herself .. sometimes I feel a bit guilty about the fact that she has school and I don't but then I get over it and enjoy my time.. yesterday I spent the day with my hubby.. we went for a hike up and down crazy rocky slopes and hilly mountains to one of the highest points in NJ or Morris County.. I can't remember which ..lol It was really great to go out and just spend time with him on a hike.. got to walk 3 times as fast as when Chloe is with us but also realized (since this is the 2nd time we have done this trail) that my daughter ROCKS!! it was a tough trail and she blasted through it like a champ! Very impressive for a 5 year old .. thats my baby

Change of plans for dinner last night.. Marc had to go to the studio so I cooked - coconut shrimp- came out yummy, acorn squash baked with olive oil and curry and mashed sweet potatoes to which I added too much salt and killed .. Chloe loved the acorn squash and since she is boycotting all forms of protein lately suffered through 2 pieces of shrimp before I gave in and let her have a turkey wrap .. saw a recipe for tortilla's that I want to try and on a mission to find a way to make amazing bread.. going to bake one loaf a week until I perfect it.. of course even though I am allowed the bread I am not eating it.. feels like a cheat .. I want to find a way to give Chloe (and Marc) bread that she will eat and is not loaded with grains.. and wraps are next on the list since she loves her wraps .. eggs for breakfast, bone chicken and salad for lunch, no snack.. low cal day .. apparently exercising mid day takes away my hunger in the afternoon.. who knew!! Old Alexis would have done that hike and pounded down food because of crashing.. this one needs less every day !

Exercise: WOW workout and hike

Ok so lots to tell but very little time today.. I have officially started my Monday off crappy by opening my email instead of coming here and blogging.. no idea why I did it and I don't usually.. As per my resolution I have been laying off the email over the weekends which has made life difficult on Mondays but ok I am dealing with that.. however this morning for no good reason I decided to check my email first thing only to discover that one of my private pay families who is over $600 in arrears has lost their job and although they have not said they can not pay me, it is starting to look like a good possibility. Ugg!! I know better then to take a damn private pay case.. I have stayed away from them for years and went against my better judgement because they live in Upper Montclair in the gigantic houses.. STUPID! Well nothing I can do about that now.. hopefully they will pay

Not sure why I didn't write all last week.. Odd.. trying to think what I did instead but nothing is coming to me.. Weekend briefly was good.. down to my parents for little Chris's bday party and relaxed yesterday.. went to the Outback for dinner - steak and veggies - bite of ice cream and several of pasta- which was fabulous - I don't have guilt over my cheats either which is interesting.. I have no intentions of eating grains but several bites were just enough to taste amazing and ward me off again.. the ice cream bite had an oreo cookie in it and I jones-ed all night for cookies .. CRAZY!! literally thought about cookies for hours..lol I didn't eat cookies and I ignored the cravings and they went away but man was seriously crazy!

For the bday party I made the ceasar dressing from this website.. not as good as when I did it at home but ok.. and I made a strawberry banana winter pie-paleo for my family instead of cake.. came out really good! so calorically it was a heavy weekend but I am back down to 131.7 and I feel fine.. I will get back on track today.

OH AND MY BIKE IS IN!!! I didn't get it yet but it is here!!! Yay!! Ok have to go exercise and go to work

April 2, 2012
    Hi. I am back In typical Alexis fashion I took a month off of blogging.. I say that because all things I find enjoyable but slightly time consuming go by the way side for other things in life.. ALWAYS! But hopefully I am back for a good long time this time.. let's see what has been up since last time.. ALOT of sickness in this house.. mostly marc and chloe but I got some too.. Spring came in early March this year and has been beautiful out with occasional cold days here and there but nothing really under 45 degrees which is super odd.. Chloe learned to ride a bike WITH NO TRAINING WHEELS!!! Yay Chloe! So proud of my baby! Took her less then an hour to master the bike and on day two she was pedaling for the hills! My bike is fabulous and although I have not ridden it as much as I like (same reasons I have not blogged) it is a great addition to my workout and chill out collection.. although I must admit chilling out is not exactly where I am at right now when it comes to biking.. it is HILLY around here and quite the hard ride.. first ride I thought I might actually have a heart attack but each ride gets a little easier.. really love being outside.. and today it is lighter much earlier then usual so I may be able to start going out in the am for rides!!

My mother had double knee replacement surgery a few weeks ago so I have been running back and forth to visit her.. she is doing really well.. very proud of her.. she also is down 30 pounds on paleo eating and my brother Adam is down 50! I am hovering around 131-132 and have had a terrible week of cheating.. it has been a complete landslide.. I did great for most of the month of March but last week I ate a sub with the top of the bread off but I ate the bottom and it was heavenly.. I know I am not suppose to say that but it was.. that lead to potato chips- twice! and little bites here and there of things I am not suppose to be eating .. and I have not been exercising at all.. so today is my start over day.. I am going to get back on track eat right and exercise daily.. need to improve my mood which has been very testy lately and I really think it has to do with the lack of exercise..

I got a tattoo of my Booey Bear...we call her BB and Dana and I started walking 2 times a week (when we work together) at lunch just to get outside and away from work.. so thats it for now.. going to start the long awaited reunion with my basement and sneakers

caio

Hmm.. interesting .. I was reading back a few posts since I haven't been on in awhile and realized that I was super happy just a mere two months ago.. I was in ketosis, eating and exercising right and somehow through the sicknesses in this house have gotten completely off track.. I am cranky, absolutely EXHAUSTED, not working out and cheating daily.. they are not huge cheats but big enough to matter.. for eg. I ate great all day yesterday and then at night I sat and ate almond butter on a spoon dipped in marshmallow fluff which I don't even like!! I had a chocolate covered pretzel and 2 reese's tiny easter eggs .. ridiculous! I am not being hard on myself as I realize that I do eat good most of the time but I am realizing that when I was totally on board I felt a lot better..

already too late to exercise today but the goal is to eat with no cheats and get back on track.. Chloe and I played soccer yesterday which was a lot of fun.. so I will try to find something today that gets us moving as much and laughing as much.. and go to sleep earlier so I feel better to exercise tomorrow.. those are the short term goals for now hopefully feeling good and in a better frame of mind is around the corner

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok.. so it has been some time again.. things got a bit hectic in my life with the adoption of my puppy Jack He is adorable but a baby so along with that were/are some sleepless nights, etc... but he is sweet and gets me moving more since I have to walk him 2 times a day.. also a problem in the beginning .. had to split with Marc.. anyway trying a new routine today .. I started working out again 2 days ago and got my diet back on track yesterday.. not that I jumped ship completely but allowing one little thing here and there started a pattern of allowing one thing a day in.. feel sluggish, bulky and seriously cranky.. also due to lack of sleep and exercise..

So yesterday I started the walk an hour a day in addition to working out challenge.. increase the number of steps I take a day.. today I am up a 5:15- which is freaking out Jack- which I like since he has not been letting me sleep..lol going to take a walk, workout and then go to work.. walk again at lunch and then when I get home ..

Current measurements:
    RA 11.75
    UB 31
    w- 28
    hips and belly 38 across fattest area of both
    RT 21
    Current weight: 136.8
    Last edited by alleycat007; 05-15-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123