Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: alleycat on a mission page 2

alleycat007 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 3
    PEM
    2 sets push ups- first on knees 15; set 2 incline 14
    Squat- Assisted- 25 too easy; full 27 much harder!
    Overhead press jackknife 10- easy; dive bomber 6
    Plank- hand foot- front 45sec, side- 30; set 2 front -40 sec, side 28 sec

Day 3

Ok so I am a little bummed.. did my PEMs yesterday and I must have forgotten to hit post and they are not here.. super bummer! But important thing is I did them.. surprisingly easy with crazy payout.. my body is aching today in a good way of course.. particularly my upper body which means I need to push on my legs more next time..

Food- almond milk and strawberry shake, snack- chicken off the bone and a few cucumbers, leftover curry stew for lunch, and Chinese for dinner- I got the meat and veggies steamed with the sauce on the side and I ate it with less then a teaspoon of the sauce.. no egg rolls which is a major accomplishment on my part!! and boneless ribs.. yummy

Today I am starting off with some stress around work - people just seem to think they can do whatever they please with no consequence.. baffling at times I must say!
    Hopefully it gets better and less stressful soon!

OK.. weird but today my PEMs are back.. strange but you have to love technology

Day 4
    I was not on my best behavior today.. strange how although I call this day 4 I have been eating primally for a month - I started the 21 day challenge after I got sick but stayed primal for the most part the whole month.. now wondering if the sickness- which made me not hungry at all and the gatorade, which was pumping sugar through my system, may have been keeping my cravings down and my resolve up.. I had a strange knack to look at a grain food item and not want it in any way at all.. I felt seriously empowered by my new will power and thought processes.. but yesterday was not that kind of day... I didn't cheat huge but a cheat is a cheat..

So I ate
    fruit shake for breakfast, celery and almond butter snack, leftover steamed chinese for lunch, eggs and bacon for dinner and a 1/8 of a 70% cocoa chocolate bar..
    My cheats... 3 pieces of bow tie pasta, 4 small bites of fried rice and 3 bites of vanilla ice cream.. this all happened within a few hours and later at night.. started with the bites of ice cream from what I go my daughter and then a couple bites of pasta lead to the rice..

Observations-
    1. there is NO food in my house right now.. I had to scavenge for dinner.. and when I say no I mean- I have literally eaten all the veggies almost all the fruit and there is a slight bit of chinese leftover for my lunch today.. the rest is no no foods.. this is highly irregular and stems mostly from Marc not having a truck this week and Chloe having a dentist appointment last night.. no time - will be remedied today

2. Once I did one cheat the rest seemed too easy .. not guilt free but easy..

3. I feel bloated today - from that little bit of food my stomach feels a little bit distended..

So back to the races today.. not sure whether I am going to stop counting and start back over next week or not.. having a difficult time with the exercise and sleep/ work thing.. this is typical for me as I tend to work out in the am before work.. so when I take off as I did for the sickness it usually takes a week to get back in the groove.. very difficult time getting up this week so minimal exercise.. I will see what happens the rest of this week and may start the count again on Monday..

I have decided to start the "count" over for the 21 days.. I want to get the exercise and diet down before I start the count.. more out of curiosity then anything else.. I am tired today I know I am suppose to be going to bed at a set time but it is difficult when you work the way I do.. I work during the day, come home an hour earlier then I should for work to spend time with my daughter and then have to work after she goes to bed.. by the time it is all settled it is usually around 10 pm and I havent started to unwind yet.. it is not an option to work less since it is my company and the show must go on but I need to find a happy medium.. just not sure what that is..

Ok I can't dillydally today.. going to a workshop and then out with the girls Yay!!

ate- cherry protein shake- was yummy!! steamed chinese a yogurt couple bites of chocolate (85%) which was much more tolerable today, and a salad with steak for dinner.. oh and my grass fed, organic beef , pork and chicken came in! Hooray Hooray!! no more nasty chemicals and additives for my family.. they are going to have healthy omega balances whether they know it or not

Wed 1/8/12
    well after a few days I am back..part of my new years resolution was to stay away from technology so I have.. and I was unable to get on te past two days due to website error..

Anyway the GIANTS ARE SUPER BOWL WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Great game. went off my diet a bit- stuck with it most of the day- had some beer and chips and paid the price the next morning- felt GROSS! too much food and the carbs killed me..

Went on a hike with the family- 2.5 hours across what started as a nice hiking route and after about 1.5 hours became quite difficult.. turns out the path we chose didn't loop back around but rather continued over the mountain and to the other side in the next town over! not smart from a preparation standpoint but man was it fun. hiking is very quickly becoming my favorite thing to do..

yesterday and Monday- grok'd out wiht no cheats.. tuesday - cardio level 4 FIRM 20 mins- not difficult - sweat but not out of breath..

Today PEMs
    Push ups- incline set 1 - 15; 11
    Squat; full 30; 25
    Dive bombers; 7; 5
    Plank- front 40, side 30; 38; 28
    Pull ups- waiting on hubby to hang my bar

okay so some catching up to do.. website was down for a few days due to lovely hackers.. gotta love em

Anyway, I have been pretty good.. had a couple of cheats - actually 2 - I had a couple handfuls of pirate booty and a brownie..ironically I went to Tristan's second birthday party and Adam brought Paleo brownies and muffins! gotta love him!!! he had the party at chuck e cheese and so many of us are paleo/primal now that all the pizza they ordered went to waste.. so I didn't cheat at the party and I am positive I wouldn't have even without the goodies he brought.. no I cheated right here in my own kitchen making brownies with Chloe for her Valentines Day party.. oh well.. it is what it is.. today is a new day and I have been otherwise completely primal..

Marc made chicken curry soup again.. yummy! and put up my pull up bar- holy crap is it hard to do a pull up!! I don't have my PEM numbers handy right now so I will post another time but I added in pull ups this past time and did 10 with 2 feet on but really put all the work into my back and it is seriously hard!!

Goal this week is to get back on track with exercise.. winter has finally decided to be cold and it is in the 20-30s now so too cold to go for long hikes especially with Chloe so I am back to hitting the basement for my cardio- can't wait until spring!!

Today I feel a bit bloated and not getting enough sleep.. I will work on getting to bed a bit earlier as well.
    Ciao!

So yesterday was Valentine's day.. went to work in the am and to Chloe's kindergarten class in the afternoon.. we did a party for them .. very cute! Chloe was so excited to have me in her class.. hugged and kissed me so much she got in trouble by the teacher for being out of her seat too much..lol I am going to make it a point to spend more time in the class with her- they just sent home a letter for game days- going to try to do all of them if they will let me.. small things are so important!

After school we exchanged gifts.. she got crazy little green cartoon alien earrings, and pink bunny hair clips and some new I can read books (since she can read! at 5!! and love it) .. She was so thoughtful with her present to Marc- his favorite beaded necklace broke a few days ago and she had the idea to use the beads in his Valentines Day card.. so she designed a heart card and outlined the heart in the beads and we bought him a new necklace.. she is so damn cute!

Mark got me a rocked out cream and orange hand bag and two pairs of awesome earrings from the vintage store Francesca's .. this bag is so cool I can't begin to tell you.. very awesome!

Then we went for sushi (yes I ate a bit of rice but only on 4 pieces of sushi) - ate 4 sushi pieces, salad with salmon, cilantro, jalepenos and a touch of soy sauce, rice-less roll (really surprisingly good!) and a glass of red wine.. yes I know fish and red wine but I am trying to stick to the plan and quite frankly I didn't mind the combo..

Lastly we went bowling for the first time as a family.. chloe is so small she had to push the ball on her hands and knees to get it to roll 1 mile an hour down the alley.. overall FANTASTIC Valentines Day!! Love my family to pieces!

ok, on to other topics.. Still looking heavier and am up 2 pounds.. trying to figure out what is different.. Here are my thoughts-
    1. I ate 2 paleo brownies and 2 muffins at Tristans party- while they are approved they still had significant amounts of agave and I over ate them bc it was sooo great to have something sweet!

2. Not sleeping enough

3. Vegetable intake may be down a bit

4. worried about not exercising slightly more chronically then I am .. I know Mark says not to but he is a world class athlete and his body is much more in tune with working properly then mine is..

5. I have had a few cheats but would like to believe that they were so minimal as to not effect me so drastically.. I do plan on eating this way for life but would like to have an occasional piece of yummy bread or a potato chip without gaining weight in such a fashion that I can see it..

6. I have been eating small snacks at night- turkey with pepperocini, chicken salad, nuts

7. I have been eating too many cashews.. so my favorite nut and neglecting to eat almonds completely- not sure that matters but for last month ate almonds almost exclusively..

It has been 4 days since Tristan's party and I am still feeling the same way.. definitely heavier then I was, more constipated and I have been breaking out into hives quite a bit which is highly unusual for me.. Marc says it is because my body is screaming feed me pasta..lol - while I don't buy that, I am still not sure what it is..

So the plan.. no cheats, increase veggie intake, no night snacks.. not going to change everything because I want to see if I can narrow down causes- going to leave in cashews (just not at night) and see if I still feel like this in a couple of days and then remove them as well and see if there is a change (if needed)

Exercise yesterday- first set of sprints.. was fun actually- I did them on the treadmill because it was like 16 degrees outside.. 20 second intervals - 1 minute rest - 6 times- actually ran like I was being chased to get those juices flowing

I have to say I love blogging even though no one is reading it I find it a very easy way to be honest and look at the variables effecting me.. also helps me wake up and get ready for the day .. looking forward to a great day!

so yesterday was interesting.. did cardio in the am worked all day picked up Chloe and played single mom for the night while Marc got his tattoo.. which is awesome by the way! Chloe and I went to AP got chicken, leafy greens and cauliflower.. I made nut crusted fried chicken (in coconut oil of course). smashed cauliflower and greens with in a red wine reduction sauce.. was good.. need to work on the veggies.. not sure if I didn't reduce it long enough or if the greens were bitter.. need to look up turnip greens and find a bit more about them .. trying to try new things..

then clean up,homework, bath, bedtime routine and mommy was exhausted! so tiring to do it all yourself.. I have a new found respect for single moms.. I was so tired ..so I went to bed early to get a good night sleep only to have my cat wake me up at least 3 times.. so I am tired today.. skipped cardio and feel a little bad but too tired to care.. running late now too.. not a great way to start the day But then of course my baby wakes up and all is right in the world again.. going to go snuggle on the couch for a few minutes with her to make it all better

Ok.. so I am working the 21 day plan.. the only thing I have missed so far is the 30 minute movement breaks.. this happens at work naturally.. I am a behavior analyst and as such I am constantly moving.. if not with a student then from classroom to classroom.. I always take the stairs, park several blocks from the school, and walk briskly everywhere I go including the hallways (not so much for exercise but because I am insanely busy and need the extra minutes that add up over the course of the day to get home early and hang with my fab family).. I need to incorporate more of that in my daily life outside of work.. yesterday was a very relaxing day for me.. Chloe had a playdate with 2 friends that kept her busy literally all day.. while I did get up and move around I mostly sat on the couch and read my novel.. after I cleaned the entire house of course! I did not work out yesterday but will make up for that today as we are going on a hike outside together as a family.. Yay!! my favorite thing to do now!

I also went to a bike store to get a bike.. rode the men's version of the one I want and it was fantastic! So much fun to ride.. easy and fast because it is so light weight.. really cool.. down side is they have to order it so it won't be here for 2 weeks.. total bummer but I think it will be worth the wait!

Food has been going well.. had a glass of wine last night which I guess is technically a cheat on the 21 day plan but Sisson says it is ok so I did it tried Osso Bucco stew last night with my grass fed sheep .. was ok.. not worth the$$ but I like it.. today want to try a vegetable salad that Sisson posted.. looks super yummy! Today I am going to write down all of my food intake and put it into fitday.com and see how my carb/fat/ protein balance is going..

stay tuned

PrimalCon New York
    yesterday was a great day.. went hiking with the family and although there was some quipping from Chloe - she wasn't really in the mood- we did a 3 hour trek around the Mahlon Dickerson reservation.. not as rocky as last time.. easier trail- think we need to stick to foot traffic only trails to get more interesting walks- which would have been better for Chloe.. she loves to climb the rock which were in sparse availability yesterday.. but still we were outside in the fresh (albeit warm air for Feb) walking, laughing, and having a good time while exercising... very nice day!

We came home and had a fabulous grok dinner- pork with tomato and mushrooms and the Veggie salad with Chermoula dressing which was fabulous!! very good salad although next time I will julienne all the veggies more like slaw and do them.. think all the different shapes made peppers overwhelm other veggies..

I blew it at night and I ate.. damn Marc- always eats a snack at night even though it is healthy (salad, turkey, etc) .. I had half a grapefruit and a handful of nuts.. tracked my intake at fitday.com- 1369 calories, 49.1 g of carbs (yeah me although without that snack I was at 38 g), 90 g of protein, and 83 grams of fat.. fat seems high but when you look at the totals all from meat and olive oil which is working the plan, right??

Did a quick measurement because my weight went up again - back to 133.8 but lost an inch off my waist (only thing I measured) so that is all that matters and of course that I am feeling much healthier and have omre energy then in December- much more even feeling and awake to things..although have been having a tough time in the morning..moose literally starts going crazy every day at 7 am.. want to cage him and throw him in the basement!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast