Thread: Primal Journal (nikkisixx89) page

nikkisixx89 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (nikkisixx89)

Shop Now
    Starting this journal to go with my In the Making when it goes up.

As I'm young it's not sooo much about how I feel (although that is a factor) but more about how I look (vain right? :/) I'm tired of the waif girls looking at me like they're better than me. I know they're not. But I want to have the confidence to wear hotpants or a crop top and give them a cocky smirk as they gape in awe at my amazing physique! Who wouldn't?

Anyways I'll update this as much as I can, or remember to! Probably won't be every day but close enough! Support and advise is very welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for taking a look guys

Nikki

So today I'm starting a 'no dairy' phase, I just want to see what effect this has on my body, whether it has any effect on my performance, cognitive function or and digestion effects. I wondered whether this might clear up the phlegm I seem to have quite a bit of (gross) and whether it would have any effect on my appearance, whether I would look any less 'soft' if I cut it out. I'll still be using butter for cooking and on my sweet potato when I have one, but that's all! We shall see! Has anyone else had any positive changes from cutting the dairy?

RayR22 is offline Junior Member
    Hows your results going?

Going pretty good! I'm finding it pretty tough going without dairy though I've started IFing again to try and control my craving stuff and I'm definitely leaning out I realllly crave salted stuff at the moment, and chocolate! Urgh!

macroniche is offline Junior Member
    is there a reason you can't have 90 percent Lindt's chocolate? if you had even a half of a bar you are getting less sugar than an apple. And they don't use soy. I found that if I would eat just a little less dinner or lunch and have a few bars of this it would be fine and I was able to actually get leaner. The only problem is that the more I had the more I wanted. Also Mark had a great post regarding the benefits of chocolate. When are pics coming? I'm been checking out the success stories in the making and no one seems to want to put intermediate process pics up. It's like they all want to have these dramatic before and after pics but it's fun to she the steps that it takes to become a xena warrior princess. I just did a two day fast and loved it! Highly recommend doing it as a cleanse and metabolic boost. Cheers

Like I say I've been doing the Primal thing on and off for over 2 years now, I've done a lot of IFing in the past, and last year I even did a few 14 day fasts. They are definitely helpful, but I had to move back to my folks' house a year ago so it's harder to do anything longer than a 24 hour fast without upsetting my closed-minded mother! I do tend to have a square or two of the dark Lindt chocolate each day, but I think it's the sugary milk chocolate I'm missing, which is just annoying really, so I'm just waiting for those carb/sugar cravings to disappear. I don't get them often, but when I do they are a pain! I can post some pictures, but I don't happen to have any on my work computer

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisixx89 View Post
    Like I say I've been doing the Primal thing on and off for over 2 years now, I've done a lot of IFing in the past, and last year I even did a few 14 day fasts. They are definitely helpful, but I had to move back to my folks' house a year ago so it's harder to do anything longer than a 24 hour fast without upsetting my closed-minded mother! I do tend to have a square or two of the dark Lindt chocolate each day, but I think it's the sugary milk chocolate I'm missing, which is just annoying really, so I'm just waiting for those carb/sugar cravings to disappear. I don't get them often, but when I do they are a pain! I can post some pictures, but I don't happen to have any on my work computer
    Is this 14 days of not eating anything, or you're talking about 14 consecutive days of eating one meal, and skipping others along the way. Please break it down. That's pretty awesome, in itself.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    14 day fasts, wow! After that long not eating do you experience discomfort or anything after the first meal?

That's 14 consecutive days of only taking water. There's generally a little discomfort ie feeling a bit sick or feeling low in energy but it depends what your lifestyle was like before doing the fast. Generally primal/paleo types won't have much of a problem with the fasting as there's not so much detoxification needed