Thread: Primal Journal (erigby 27) page

erigby27 Guest

Primal Journal (erigby 27)

I've been living primal for about a month and a half (Started Jan. 1st) since I started the 30-day challenge. I was doing really well for the first 30 days, but I've started to let some cheats slip in here and there.

It's definitely challenging to stay primal while living in a college dorm, especially since I'm on a budget. I bring a lot of food from home (which means there's not a whole lot of variety) and then in the days before I'm heading home again I only buy really cheap food. I've found myself having a few jellybeans when someone has some, or having a spoonful of nutella (GASP). I knew there was a problem when I binged on chips and salsa with my roommate last night.

SO I decided the best way to keep myself eating clean is to keep a journal on here

Goals:

LOSE WEIGHT. I think my %body fat is like 25% right now and I'd really like to bring it down.

Just be healthier in general- I need to be taking more vitamins (esp. vitamin D). As far as sleep I have actually been good since school started.

Exercise:

I dance at school several days a week (probably 8 hours a week). Dance is good because sometimes it's very laid back and sometimes it's very explosive. I probably walk about 25 blocks on each of the days I don't dance.

Today (2/11/10)

Breakfast:

2 eggs

spoonful of Nutella

Apple

Lunch:

3 chicken livers

Snack:

Apple

Dinner (haven't gotten home yet, but here's the plan):

As many chicken livers as I feel like (I'm poor so until I go home tomorrow I am surviving on chicken livers and eggs)

Half a sweet potato, probably fried in butter.

Can't wait to go home to do a good primal shop! I'm also going to make a nice jar of fritchbeetle's primal nutella to hold me over in face of the "real" stuff. Yum!

erigby27 Guest

Well dinner last night didn't go as planned, but was even better:

4 chicken livers (mm)

Home made french onion soup

I realized I had all the ingredients for this so I decided to try making it for the first time.

I just carmelized onions in a pot with olive oil, pepper, and a small chunk of raw cane sugar. I added beef broth and let it come to a boil and then simmer for like 10 minutes. I plopped some swiss cheese on top and microwaved it. Instant yummy.

Things I plan on making at home to bring back to school with me:

Fritchbeetle's nutella. I cannot tell you how I excited I am for this.

Almond butter

Almond meal

Pot Roast

Tomato-Bacon Soup

Maybe sweet potato soup?

And I'm going to experiment with almond flour pancakes to see if I can get the hang of it before I go back to school.

Yum yum yum.

In case anyone is actually reading this:

I have vitiligo (loss of skin pigmentation), and my (generally very wise and primal-literate) brother thinks that this is a manifestation of a gluten allergy. This seems plausible to me. I tried researching it and only came up with one source where the writer described a reversal in her daughter's vitiligo after removing wheat from her diet. For my part, I haven't seen any such reversal, but I imagine it would take more time.

Has any one heard anything about this? Can you point me in the direction of some literature on it? I would love to be able to get some sun again without feeling self conscious afterwards!

erigby27 Guest

2/12/10

Breakfast:

Two eggs

On the way to work:

1 coffee w/ half and half and a packet of raw cane sugar

1 packet of mixed nuts/fruit

Lunch:

1 small container greek yogurt

mixed berries

organic iced white tea

Dinner:

Steak

Cauliflower

spinach

Desert:

86% dark chocolate

apple

Home now but I don't know where to find hazelnuts. I'll have to go on a journey tomorrow...

erigby27 Guest

Late breakfast:

Almond flour pancakes

Bacon

This put me into a food coma. WAY too rich. I'm going to have to play with the recipe.

Dinner:

Barbeque goodness- chicken, pork, brisket, and cole slaw, and i had a just a taste of the baked beans.

Dessert: almond butter, 86% chocolate, apple, some whipped cream sweetened with stevia

anddd

1/2 cup black raspberry ice cream. whoops.

erigby27 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

2/14/10

Breakfast:

Bacon

Late Lunch: I made a pot of tomato soup that I tasted frequently- filled me up.

Dinner: roast chicken, sweet potato, brussel sprouts

Dessert: homemade primal nutella spread on apple slices.

I feel like I must have eaten more today but I really can't remember anything other than this.

Also had coffee with heavy cream throughout the day.