Thread: Primal Journey of ~Cherish~ page

~Cherish~ is offline Junior Member

Primal Journey of ~Cherish~

Shop Now
    I started this with serious effort November 5th 2011...I started out slowly by weaning myself off of the pasta & breads I didn't think I could go cold turkey since I was eating grains with every meal & snacks

Now after 2 months I have lost a total of 23 pounds {5 this last week alone} The symptoms of my asthma & arthritis have eased up dramatically...I can go from the bus stop to my house without taking a break. I am sleeping better at night, no leg cramps at night. I feel more energetic without any mood swings {we are not talking about before my first cup of coffee for the day because well I just love my coffee too much} and best of all I'm not feeling guilty about not following the recommended diet of grains & junk. For 3 months I followed the USDA pyramid & couldn't figure out why I kept feeling more & more miserable...and I'll spare you the gory details of the diets my father put me on when I was a young teen

so today for meals:
    B: steak with some cantaloupe
    L: salad with celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions
    D: acorn squash stuffed with ground buffalo & chopped onion & green apple {it was very yummy}

WOD: I walked around the neighborhood for about 20 mins and then did 20 mins doing the Wii Fit {I'm quite out of shape}

no musing quite yet....
    Everyone is a learning opportunity...if you are open to the learning experience.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]we had about an inch of snow this morning but it's mostly melted...unfortunately it keeps falling.

On today's agenda is making some sghetti sauce: ground beef & ground liver "snuck" in for the benefits & hiding the flavor...some left over broccoli slaw & broccoli stir-fry {pre-cut from store}, mushrooms, onions, celery, zuchinni, carrots, some sugar snap peas, & of course tomatoes,
    ...put that on top of sghetti squash & sprinkle some fresh grated parmesan cheese on top & a side salad for dinner.

After I get that cooking I'll juice up the oranges & freeze in the ice cube trays for cooking with later...or smoothies

And after that I'll do some wii fit or see how long I can last with Billy Blanks...or both to make sure I get in 30 mins for today...

Also need to write down my weekly goals to put into a sheet protector so I can mark them off with a dry erase marker & be able to reuse it every week.
    [/COLOR]
    Everyone is a learning opportunity...if you are open to the learning experience.

leftover sghetti for brunch & dinner

the only downside to this sauce is that I don't like it after it's been frozen...on the plus side I love the flavor of it {and each time the ingredients vary enough to keep it interesting}. I also share with my next door neighbor & her son...although I usually have to remind him to save some for his mom

tomorrow is my weigh-day...the only "bad" thing I ate was the cheesecake minus crust, I figure that is my treat for the month. I did notice that for a few days afterwards my craving for sweets kicked in. so I will need to find a recipe for a less sweet cheesecake...or preferably find a local store that sells individual pieces that are less sweet since I don't want a whole cheesecake in my house

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Cherish. Sounds like you are doing well. Glad you are here.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

just a few days shy of my 3 month anniversary and I have lost a total of 30 pounds now

I did some concocting today for my lunch, I sliced up some carrots & started cooking them in some coconut oil, once they were about halfway "done" I added some ground beef, then eventually added some onion...once everything was completely cooked I topped it with some chopped tomato. the only seasonings I used was some worcestershire sauce, garlic, fresh ground pepper, & some sea salt...turned out really yummy.