Where do I begin. It all started with a diagnosis of Crohn's Disease in 1983. I took sulfalazine and levisin to control my cramping, diarrhea, gas, bloating, and excruciating pain. Twenty nine years +/- later I have pulmonary fibrosis and I am on oxygen 24/7. But, my crohn's is under control and I am off sulfa drugs for three years.

My weight went crazy and I am morbidly obese at 266 pounds. I am ashamed that I allowed myself to get this way! I am mad that no matter how much exercise the weight keeps increasing. Mainly due to prednisone for my pulmonary fibrosis. Prednisone increases your appetite and you retain fluids. Hence the "moon face" and the "hump" on my upper back. Along with the pulmonary fibrosis I also have pulmonary hypertension for which I retain fluid in my lower legs. It is a vicious cycle.

By the way I have a sugar addiction that drives me crazy. Especially at bedtime. That is one of my weaknesses. Eating while watching TV in bed. I have done this for 30 plus years. Sometimes I overcome for brief periods but then some emotion thing gets in my way and I am back to square one.

Pulmonary fibrosis causes me to be extremely tired. Many days after my morning exercises, I just collapse in bed for the rest of the day. No energy left. By the way this mornings exercise consisted of ten minutes on elliptical, 10 minutes on stationary bicyle, 20 minutes on recumbent bicycle, and 8 laps (1/3 mile) overhand backstroke. I have been up all day and it is 10:45 pm.

Got home from exercise, made a big salad - spinach, almonds, tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, chicken, boiled egg, cucumber, celery, and carrots. Then I went to BUNCO. Too many unhealthy homemade cookies. I succumbed like I do every Wednesday!

Now time for bed.