Thread: Those who are dairy-sensitive: does this happen with goat and sheep milk? page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

Those who are dairy-sensitive: does this happen with goat and sheep milk?

Primal Fuel
    Those who are sensitive to cow casein - do you find the same is true for goat and sheep milk? Just curious because I really do miss dairy Plus goat cheese is my favorite XD

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Id love to know this too.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I think it is different for everyone and you'll only know if you try it.

3 of my children were CMPI and had the same reaction to goats' and sheeps' milk products as cows'.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I'm OK with goats/sheeps dairy but not cow's. The higher the casein content of cow's dairy, the greater my reaction.

It's common to confuse casein intolerance with intolerance to yeast or mold in fermented dairy, or high histamine content. Therefore it's important to try different types of fresh and fermented. I have an intolerance to cow's casein, high yeast/mold content and am also histamine intolerant. It's believed that histamine intolerance is massively under-diagnosed.

I eat a lot of high-fat soft goat's cheese and goat's butter with no discernible reaction and can even tolerate goat's cheddar now and again.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I've never had anything made with sheep milk, but I have no bad reaction to goat milk products at all. (Cow milk gives me gas and bad skin.)

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm intolerant to cow's milk casein and tested the waters with both goat and sheep milk products. I reacted badly to goat but seem to tolerate sheep milk products ok. I need to try more varieties of the sheep's milk cheese to be sure. Damn, I miss cheese!

Anyway, it's definitely a personal thing. Test out both and see what happens!

BTW, I also tested out raw milk cheese. Didn't work...