Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many fruits and vegetables do you eat in a day? page

RachelW is offline Senior Member

How many fruits and vegetables do you eat in a day?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat around 2 avocados, a whole medium cucumber, a large bell pepper, and 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, as well as 3 cups of greens or a cup of fruit. I eat a lot of avocado to get fat, I don't eat a lot of fat rich meats regularly so coconut oil and avocados are my main sources of fat.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    No fruit and maybe 2 cups of veg a day.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    As much veg as I like. I don't eat avocado every day but lots of salad, carrots, broccoli etc. I eat berries but have not had fruit in ages.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 01-11-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Daily staples are 1 avocado, 1 large tomato, 1 bell pepper and varied leafy greens/onions/broccoli etc (aka things I don't buy a certain amount to eat each day). I like a stuffed poblano pepper/eggplant about once a week, and jalapenos on occasion too. If I have a fresh mango or pineapple, I'll spread it out as a 1/4C serving over the week.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I usually eat a large salad and the associated veggies (tomato, onion, celery etc) every day~ not much of a fruit eater~ but this time of year, I like a clementine or half a grapefruit here and there~

MrRoberts is offline Member
    I normally have a fruit in the morning with my eggs like half grapefruit or half cup of fresh strawberries.

For lunch, I have an avocado with some meat and mixed vegetables.

For dinner, no fruit at all. Just purely meat, fat and vegetables.

My body-fat is at 6.5% at the moment so fruit is okay in moderation.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelW View Post
    I eat around 2 avocados, a whole medium cucumber, a large bell pepper, and 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, as well as 3 cups of greens or a cup of fruit. I eat a lot of avocado to get fat, I don't eat a lot of fat rich meats regularly so coconut oil and avocados are my main sources of fat.
    you sound like a vegetarian with that amount of fruit and veg. how much meat do you eat?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    A typical day's intake for me :

Breakfast: 1 medium-sized red onion or leek, 10 g fresh coriander or parsley, and half a courgette or a few sprigs of broccoli

Lunch: 1 medium-sized sweet potato, a few spring onions, 40 g fresh salad leaves (rocket/spinach/watercress or lamb's lettuce)

Dinner: 1 medium-sized red onion, 2 cloves garlic, 10 g fresh herbs, plus 2 of the following: a few sprigs of tenderstem broccoli, 1 courgette, 100 g butternut squash, 75 g asparagus, 1 leek, half a fennel bulb, 1 carrot

This gives me about 7 'servings' a day. Official UK healthy eating guidelines, for what they're worth, recommend at least 5 servings a day. I feel I need 7 in order to get enough fibre.

I only eat fruit occasionally - around 2 servings a week on average (e.g. fresh pomegranate in a salad, or fresh pineapple with some cheese).
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    I usually eat 3 or 4 cups of dark greens, 5-7 carrots, a couple onions, an avocado, a citrus fruit, a handful of berries, maybe 1/2 cup of sauerkraut, possibly some tomato soup or just a few tomatoes, and a cup of mushrooms. That's about average probably.

RachelW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    you sound like a vegetarian with that amount of fruit and veg. how much meat do you eat?
    I usually don't have meat for lunch, but I average around 3-4 eggs and an 8oz pice of meat each day(this is a rough estimate). I used to be a vegetarian in highschool, but quit because I like steak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast