The name's Katie, pleased to meet you.

I suffered a 7 month fall off the wagon for a variety of reasons after a year of livin' it the Paleo way. Today begins a focued 30-day reintegration into feeding my body like my ancestors. Might do a "before" picture for fun in tomorrow's post.

`~`Day One:`~`

*Breakfast*
An over hard egg rested in a bed of savoy cabbage steamed/lightly sauteed in water, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, chopped onion, crushed red pepper flakes, and ground pepper. Spicy! Followed by a couple of raisins and pecans and all washed down with a cup o' green tea.

pb2..jpg

*Lunch*
The Big Ass salad: Spring greens topped with gorgonzola, onion, and shrimp [simmered in fresh garlic, siracha, herbs, and olive oil].

pb1..jpg

A note on the dressing. . .I found this Good Housekeeping Champagne Basil Vinaigrette at the supermarket. Was impressed by the ingredient list (no hydrogenated oils and only 1g added sugar). Here's a look.

Ingredients Water, Grapeseed Oil, Champagne Vinegar (contains Sulfites) Chardonnay Wine (contains Sulfites)Sugar, Salt, Spices, Dijon Mustard (Distilled Vinegar, Water, Mustard Seed, Salt, White Wine, Citric Acid, Turmeric, Spices)Garlic, Xanthan Gum.

I plan on cutting out some time to experiment with mixing up and storing homemade dressings in the days ahead, since the sugars in dressing can rack up when you're eating big ass salads every day.

*Dinner*
A marinated & broiled venison steak alongside a cup of homemade "Green" soup (blended kale, beef stock, goat cheese...)

No picture because I couldn't waste any time sinking my teeth into that sweet, free-range, grass-fed bambi!

*Miscellaneous Snack Action*

An ounce of salt & pepper cashews.
Half a medium gala apple (Aw, shit, sugar. Ya got me!)

Altogether a good day. Feeling a bit lethargic, but that's to be expected. Hoping to play the exercise game tomorrow. P90x, perhaps? We shall see.