Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In line at the grocery store today page

kevingeary is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I was in line at the grocery store today and the lady behind me with her child started putting stuff up on the conveyer belt.

I looked at each item come up, and my brain translated:

sugar.........sugar.........sugar.......more sugar........fruit...........sugar.....more sugar......milk..........sugar......

Seriously...95% of it was from the interior of the store; processed garbage.

Stabby is offline Senior Member

That's so.... weak!

I'm a tire technician at a Costco and when it's slow they ask me to go pack groceries for them. So some days I'm personally handling the groceries of hundreds of people. All I want to do is grab them by the neck, give them a couple of shakes and scream "you're supposed to feed your kids food!"

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

A Wal-Mart Supercentre opened up nearby, the first of its kind in the province. I checked it out. It was abyssmal, of course, like any old Wal-Mart but bigger and with more palpable failure in the air. For a laugh I went to see what kind of groceries they stocked, thinking I'd get to see some outrageous American goodies that haven't quite made it to Canada yet.

I found a narrow section of an aisle called "Sugar Free Candy." I investigated!

I couldn't find any product that didn't have "sugar" listed as the first ingredient, nor anything that even boasted being sugar-free on the label.

Some days I feel like I'm going crazy.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Ugh. I do that, too.

...and then I wonder how many of those women loading up bags of Healthy Choice entrees look in my cart at all the bacon and sausage and steak and avocados and coconut milk and nuts, and look at me, and wonder how someone so lean can eat that much fat.

If only they would ask. *sigh*

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

Reminds me of my days working as a cashier at SuperTarget.

I distinctly remember a customer getting some of those "Skinny Cow" ice cream sandwiches and commenting that "they're low-fat so you don't have to worry about eating them."

Ugh.

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

chowza is offline Member

I have a much harder time than I used to not scrutinizing the basket or cart of every fellow patron at the grocery store when I'm at the checkout counter (heck, the whole time I'm walking the aisles). It's awful, too, because I can't help but feel a jolt of--what would it be, schadenfreude? glee at my favorable position re survival of the fittest?--when I see a basket loaded up with three boxes of "healthy" cereal, a couple packets of non-fat fruit yogurt, and a big carton of "light" Silk soy milk (now with cultures!) to wash it all down...

Check out my blog here.

Stabby is offline Senior Member

The kicker for me is that we Canadians have a public health care system. So those Doritos in pudgy, withered looking lady's cart are costing me money.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

adamsaysyo is offline Member

AmyMac - I have a 1/2 case left of the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches left in my freezer. I got them at costco. I am only into the Primal Blueprint for one week now (5th day today!) and before I had to have at least 3 of those a day! Skinny cow... try kinda fat cow sandwiches! Anyway, I had to comment, because I loved those... I keep thinking this is going to be harder because I remember atkins was so difficult, but having a piece of dark chocolate now and then or an apple (which is strictly forbidden on atkins) makes ALL the difference for me.

I wonder how long i'll keep those skinny cow ice creams before i throw them away... or my roommate breaks down and eats them.

hippie_mama is offline Member

My money's on the roommate.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

lol, i do that all the time

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast