Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In line at the grocery store today page 3

misathemeb is offline Member

Shop Now

my hubs who is not primal but eats relatively healthy otherwise often notices my facial expressions as we wait. he asks me "are you silently judging?" LOL! and i usually am quite sinister at the checkout counter. i'm very smug when i see a pudgy woman with a child and 5-6 "smart ones" desserts in her cart while i have coconut milk, beef, bacon, almonds & kale in mine. sometimes i feel a little bad but it's not like i'm trying to keep PB a secret. these people are seriously addicted to sugar!

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

Playing devil's advocate here a bit...Sometimes it is actually cheaper to eat a lot of processed foods/carby foods as they're commonly promoted through in-store sales and manufacturers' coupons. This holds true with many diet foods such as Smart Balance, Smart Choices, Healthy Choice, Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, Atkins products, etc... With coupons, sugary yogurts can be as low as $0.10/container. Compare that to Fage or any other full-fat "choice" yogurt and there's a drastic price difference, even when using the occasional coupon on said choice yogurt.

Before being quick to judge, watch if the people hand over a stack of coupons and then watch the final price they pay. I think it might surprise you... (NOTE: this is usually not the case at Whole Paycheck.)

Most "frugal" guides advocate cutting ground meat with oats and other grains. Yeah, blasphemy for all of us here, but it is essentially reducing the cost per serving.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

BethD: UGH i got angry just reading your post! Arggggg... that about sums it up.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Atouk is offline Junior Member

Hmm. When I hit the grocery section of Walmart I can generally find some good deals on frozen shrimp, wild salmon and cod. Also, it's the first store in my area that I was able to find flax meal. So whenever I go to Walmart to pick up meds or supplements I hit the frozen section.

Starting Weight/BMI: 420 lbs. / 52.5
    Current Weight/BMI: 235 lbs. / 29.4
    Goal Weight/BMI: 195 lbs./ 24.4
    Starting A1C: > 8
    Current A1C: 3.9
    Starting Total Cholesterol: 124
    Current Total Cholesterol: 106

Acmebike is offline Member

"Atouk! Lars! Atouk! Lars!" what a movie! Ha ha!

I do a lot of grocery cart scanning. Fun and informative to look what folks buy, and how it is treating them. And sometimes you come across a neat product that actually does suit the Primal way that I've never dug out of those central aisles.

hfox is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

Beth_D, wonderfully put. If only more of America's youth could be like your daughter who made the remark about the "food" tasting like chemicals..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123