Thread: Primal eating if your NOT over weight. page

Warped Mindless is offline Junior Member

Primal eating if your NOT over weight.

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys!

I've seen a lot of information on this forum directed to guys who are trying to loose weight but not so much for guys who are at their idea weight. A little about me...

I'm at my perfect body weight, could maybe stand to even gain a pound or two. I'm very active (MMA, Rock Climbing, Swimming) as well.

Knowing all that, what fruits should I avoid? Should I still limit things like bananas or can I eat a couple of them a day if I feel like? Can I basically eat any fruit and any vegetable sense im not over weight?

Thanks for the help guys.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Eat as much fruit as you please.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Raine is offline Member
    Some people avoid some fruits and vegetables because they are bad for autoimmune diseases, regardless of if they are normal weight, overweight etc.

But if you are free of those, then just avoid veggies like corn, peas and potatoes as they are not paleo.
    Last edited by Raine; 01-11-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    You can also up the winter squashes. Cube butternut, combine with shallot and tons of butter and bake. Halve acorn squash, stuff with chopped apple and if you use it, best maple syrup you can find. Bake a dozen small sweet potatoes and use for breakfast. Beets roasted wrapped in foil with olive oil. Slice them on salads. These are my most favorites that I have to not eat but rarely, since I spend most of my day at a desk.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you can eat unlimited fruits and veg, in fact you should - just avoid fruit juice and eat whole fruits. I would also suggest that fresh corn, peas, and potatoes in season in moderation are fine - Mark has written about all these foods and determined there are really not that bad.
    As you lower your carbs eating primal, you may find that your sport activity suffers - sweet potatoes and for some of us, white rice, work well to replenish the old muscles in that case.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

limes is offline Junior Member

Dental Clinic near Sarjapur road

Accumulation of too much storage fat can impair movement and flexibility, and can alter the appearance of the body.Pre obese and overweight however are often used interchangeably thus giving overweight.

Seza179 is offline Junior Member
    Hi there,
    Hope you don't mind me chiming onto this thread.
    I am new to the forum and fairly new to the Primal lifestyle, in other words have been doing it for a couple of months but since the NY I am trying to take it to another level. I am also not overweight just want to stabilize my weight, look after my health.
    So i'm guessing chewing gum is not primal but is it super bad?

Raine is offline Member
    The artificial sweeteners are what are bad in chewing gum and that's for everyone - paleo or not. They "can" cause some diseases. You can buy good chewing gum without the nasty artificial sweeteners in the health food shop though.

Seza179 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for that.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Eat as much fruit as you please.
    How about 30 bananas? Sorry had to ask ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/