With the start of the 2012 Success in the Making challenge, I have decided to go public with my primal progress. Mark's right -- time to flaunt and shout it from the rooftops!

I'm 62 years old, have been mostly primal for close to a year, and have had some great results so far. I'm stronger than I've ever been in my entire life and have dropped three sizes. However, the absolute best result is the change in my sense of self, and the energy and joy that have followed. I'm calling this journal "60 Is the New 40" because I really do feel that much younger--or more!

I definitely see being primal as a way to live rather than just something to do until all the extra pounds disappear. I do feel, however, that I've got more to go, so this journal will be about the next steps. As both a Christmas present and a real challenge (thanks, Santa!) I'm now registered for PrimalCon 2012. Just three months away--yikes. My current goal is to be fit enough to keep up with the "kids" during all the amazing event activities . . . and be in a size smaller bathing suit on that beach!

I intend to post here as interesting primal-related stuff happens and I look forward to reading other Progress In the Making journals as well. Here's to the future!

Current stats: 146 pounds/5'4"