Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What animals have you eaten? page

Duck is offline Junior Member

What animals have you eaten?

Primal Fuel
    The hunting thread got me thinking about this. I'm pretty sure Grok would have eaten anything he could get to hold still long enough for him to bite it. My list excluding the normal stuff:

Deer, elk, moose, bear, ostrich, wild hog, squirrel, raccoon, dove, quail, rattlesnake, and alligator

I don't have any problems with the idea of eating an opossum, but can't get past the idea of having to touch one that much. My goal for the year is bobcat. I've got about a month and a half to get one and if I do, it's going to be dinner.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Liam is offline Member
    Rat, Bear, Snake, Crocodile, Insect, Spider, Peacock.
    A menu in Laos I saw had 4 dishes : chicken, beef, pork and "meat". I figure the meat was what's in kenn's pic.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Hmm...

Buffalo, Deer, Raccoon, Fox, Coyote, Ostrich, Kangaroo, Elk, Antelope, Alligator, Eel, Urchin, Squid, Cuttlefish, Snake, Frog, Snails, Mealworms, Turtle, Squirrel, Balut (partially developed eggs- both duck & chicken), Boar, Goat, Rabbit

As well as various organs, including: Heart, Tongue, Sweetbreads (thymus), Oysters (testicles), Brains, Kidneys

This year I hope to cross off: Woodchuck, Porcupine, Possum, Bear, Peacock
    Last edited by Diana Renata; 01-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Aside from the obvious, turtle, rattlesnake, squirrel, frog legs, octopus, squid, shark, springbok, kudu, kangaroo, ostrich, wild boar, deer, alligator, conch, buffalo, goat, snails, eel, duck, goose, quail and rabbit. Maybe others. I'll have to think about it

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    I will add beluga and bowhead whales as well as various seal species, caribou, Dall sheep, moose.... I you have never tried fermented bowhead muktuk, well, you are not missing much. It is sort of like a gift that keeps on giving .... for several hours

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Moose, caribou, Dall sheep, bear, porcupine, cougar, sea cucumber, sea urchin, most anything in a shell that lives in the Pacific North West, snowshoe hare, generic rabbits, shark (dogfish, and blech), bison, cabezon (most delicious fish ever), ducks of various species, geese of various species, quail, octopus, eel (yeah I'm just going through everyone else's list and going yup, yup, nope, yup, nope...) I can't think of anything completely unique off the top of my head... but growing up chicken was pretty exotic, we got mallards most of the time.

MonsterAlice is offline Member
    Including the usual and in no particular order: cow, pig, sheep, chicken, turkey, duck, domestic goose, wild goose, rabbit, alligator, shark, eel, tuna, salmon, mahi-mahi, blue crab, king crab, lobster, crayfish, swordfish, cod, mackerel, sea urchin, conch, mussel, clam, oyster, white tail deer, skate, flounder, abalone, octopus, squid, frog (just the legs), snail, raccoon, rat.

I'd eat any of them again except the rat. Rat is terrible.

I will not knowingly eat any of the "pet" species - dog, cat, horse, etc.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    What was horrible about the rat? I've always been curious about them.

DruidQueen is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Deer, squid, rabbit, duck, alligator, quail, turtle, boar, plus almost any fish or shellfish that lives in the swamp/marsh (shrimp, crabs, crawfish, perch, sac-a-lait, red fish, snapper, drum, catfish [mud and channel], flounder).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast