Thread: A diet rich in slowly digested carbs... page

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member

A diet rich in slowly digested carbs...

Primal Fuel
    A diet rich in slowly digested carbs reduces markers of inflammation in overweight and obese adults

"A diet rich in slowly digested carbs reduces markers of inflammation in overweight and obese adults"

The article talks up whole grains, legumes such as kidney beans, soy beans (GAG!), pinto beans and lentils as the way to go for anti-inflammatory, which is odd to me since from the gluten, lechtin, phytate standpoint, ALL of these are chock full of at least one (if not more) of them which are PRO-inflammatory.

Stopped short of including the words that make me twitch and snap someone's neck: "heart healthy grains" but came awfully close.

I didn't know if there was a thread on this already or not, but I did a cursory search for another thread and didn't see one.

Thoughts?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Two things:

* 80 people were in the study, only half of whom were overweight. The conclusion only applies to those who are overweight so the study is of forty people. Would be hard for them to get statistically significant results with such a small sample

* Those who didn't eat the "healthy whole grains and legumes" ate lots of sugar and flour - this study tells us nothing except that some carbs may be better than others.

Hardly news
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine