Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: One Fat Chick page 54

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Spubba, I was just thinking about a movie I saw a while back and I think you might like it. It's a french historical drama called 'Seraphine'. It's about a middle-aged working-class woman who paints. She doesn't bother femming herself up, doesn't have children, and doesn't date. She just does her grueling work as necessary and then goes home and paints, because art is the one thing that truly makes her happy.

Maybe check it out if you haven't already seen it.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Spubba. Just sending you good thoughts and hope you are doing well...

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    I dunno about all of these other characters around here, but I miss you and I miss your updates. I hope work is going well as well as all of your other ventures. I hope you are only stressed as much as you need/want to be and are able to alleviate the extra with bacon? sardines? your art? I think those are pretty good choices Seriously though...miss you. I'll quit being weird now

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Thank you all so much for your good thoughts. I'm still hangin' in there and still Primal. I'm not hanging out here in the forums as much as I should... ok, I'll admit it, the fat-hate got to be a bit much for me, and I'm not in the right frame of mind to deal with it right now.

The environment at work has been really toxic... I've had more than my share of stress, which is playing havoc with my weight. When I get stressed, I don't eat, and then when the stress lets up, I eat too much, which leads to weight fluctuations and blood pressure problems - I'll feel dizzy and faint, for example. I've found that fasting does wonders for the stress; it's just coming off the fast that I have problems with! I've been in to my doctor to collect some numbers and we've confirmed that stress REALLY plays heck with my blood pressure, and has much more impact than food or salt intake or being overweight. I talked to my mom a lot about it lately, and we agree that the job is dangerous for my health. I haven't come to any hard and fast decisions yet but my plan is to be out of this particular job by sometime next year.

Overall though, if you took work (and associated weight fluctuations) off the table, I wouldn't have much to complain about. Working on my comics keeps my skills sharp, which I'll need if I ever manage to land some Really Big Thing. I made an effort to get off the internet and read more, which I also think is promoting more healthy brain patterns. If I may hazard a guess, reading is more Primal than fighting on internet forums. It definitely helps my concentration and frame of mind.

Now if I could just keep my calorie intake even, I'd be pretty darn pleased. :P

Also, Congrats to gravyboat - Yes, I'm following your thread still! You are doing an awesome job!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Also, Congrats to gravyboat - Yes, I'm following your thread still! You are doing an awesome job!
    Oh geez, thanks!

Good luck with everything, Spubs! I understand why you're not coming around as much, but we all miss you and think about you. Our good thoughts are with you! Keep on doing what you do, and everything will get better. I know it!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are hanging in. I hope the stress gets better soon and Amazing Things come your way. Miss you around here!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    I hope you've been absent from the interwebz for the reasons you mentioned above (reading more, art, etc.). I hope you are less stressed whenever and wherever this finds you and that the holidays are treating you kindly. You're only 1 of 4 journals I keep up with so I tend to notice when you aren't around. I always hope to see some small update though

Milicoqui is offline Member
    Whaaaa noooo! I wants more posts, where did you go?

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354