Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: One Fat Chick page 50

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Awesome! Hoping Big Thing happens soon too, whatever it is. I'm always happy when I hear that people are getting to do the cool creative stuff they love.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Been busy! I've drawn some wonderful pages, and was amazed at how quickly I was able to get back in the groove and make those panels sparkle and shine. When the book comes available, I'll be sure to post links to where you can buy it; I know for sure it'll be on Kindle for just a couple of bucks. I'm not sure about whether or not it'll be available in print, which is a shame, because I love seeing my work in print!

There was another round of layoffs at work, which I survived, but as usual, I'm going through another crushing bout of melancholy following the layoffs. I always do. There will be a few weeks where I'll just be depressed overall, and missing people.

Fortunately, drawing helps ease the melancholy, so I'm glad I have this comic to work on. Throwing my otherwise destructive negative energy into something positive - much like exercising when I'm angry - is sometimes the only thing that keeps me going in the right direction, and a technique I've employed often over the years.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Hope you're doing well, Spubbz! Been missing you. I know you're busy busy, but I'm sending out good vibes.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Hope you're doing well, Spubbz! Been missing you. I know you're busy busy, but I'm sending out good vibes.
    Ditto! Was just thinking to myself the same thing!

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Sending good thoughts your way, Spubba! Hope all is going well

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Gravyboat, Jaradel, Onalark and everyone for your well wishes!

For starters: I'm still on the Primal/Paleo wagon! No worries about that! (I sort of waffle back and forth between strict Paleo and Primal. Depends on how 'good' I'm being that week.)

I've been under tremendous stress at work, which has translated into no weight loss recently, but I've got other things to attend to. Long story short: I'm being harassed at my job, and I know exactly why: they first tried to get me to quit, and then when I didn't quit they tried to build a case for termination, which failed on Friday.

No worries though - I haven't gained, either! I have NEVER gained an ounce while eating Primal, even if I have a 'hungry day' and devour half a roast chicken or a 16-oz steak in a sitting. Although I've noticed that 'hungry days' don't happen quite as often if I'm sure to eat a varied diet with all different kinds of things, and keep my consumption of FRESH, RAW fruit and vegetables up. Not cooked, apparently my body only wants them RAW. I seem to digest raw fruits/veggies much better than cooked. I cook my meat, of course, unless it's a steak in which case I try to make sure it's cooked rare.

Now here at work, they know I've done nothing to justify being fired; it's just a game they're playing to try and avoid paying a substantial amount of unemployment after they lost this giant contract this past month. So their newest tactic is to take away my cubicle and put me in a table in a hallway and that's my work station. My retaliation will be to convert this to a standing work station, and stand up while working and block the hallway; yes, I've already planned this out. Besides, standing is good for you, right? So is yoga; and I've found that I love good strenuous yoga as much as I love weightlifting. And I could do with as much flexibility as possible. So. I bought the DDP yoga DVD set, and I'm going to memorize that, and then put the .mp3 files that come with it, on my phone (which is also my music player) and I can do yoga anywhere. Including in the hallway on breaks.

Oh, and sardines. I love 'em. I'm addicted to 'em. I love to plow through can after can of them, oil and all. I think I love them so much I'll have them with my lunch Every. Single. Day. Of. The. Week. So I stepped up my Amazon orders of cases of sardines, just to make sure I'll have a can to take with me to work every day. Of course with the sardine addiction came a serious case of hot sauce addiction, and I've worked up to the quart-size bottles of hot sauce to keep up. That reminds me, I have to drive 20 miles tonight to the only store that sells hot sauce in that quantity, and stock up for home and the office! I go through a quart-size bottle of hot sauce every couple of weeks. This, of course, works up an aroma that wafts through the entire building, so my co-workers are treated at lunch time every day to the delicious smell of sardines with hot sauce. Or is that the delicious smell of revenge for taking my cubicle away?

My mother is very concerned about my stress level, because your employer trying to get rid of you is never a fun thing to go through. And I'm concerned too; it's affecting my weight loss and I'm sure it's taking years off my life. But I'm going to find a better way to make money. I just gotta build something else up is all. And I'm working on that. It'll just take time.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    What a bunch of assholes! I don't normally applaud passive-aggression, but seriously, keep it up. Hopefully you'll piss them off enough that you'll be in the next pile of layoffs and will be able to collect severance. I mean, really? They put your desk in a HALLWAY? You would think with everybody leaving that there would be piles of extra cubicles and offices. I can't believe what sorts of shitty tactics businesses will use to get rid of people just to avoid paying them money they are legally (and ethically) entitled to.

Keep fighting the good, fishy, hotsaucey fight. We are all rooting for you.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    () Sardine solidarity!
    ^

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    What a bunch of d*cks. They're treating you like Milton in "Office Space". Maybe you could start mumbling about your red Swingline stapler and threatening to put strychnine in the water supply Seriously, though, stay strong and BRAVO for sticking with Primal/Paleo through all of that BS!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Spubba;
    Glad to hear you are holding the line. Don't let the assholes get you down.
    Sardine addiction is a wonderful thing. I keep my Centos under the desk.
    Check out the Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce in the 2 pack on Amazon Subscribe and Save.
    I keep one on my desk for the Centos. Jamaican Scotch Bonnet with seeds and all. Thick and hot.
    Each bottle is 32 ounces so they last awhile.
    I don't post much anymore but like to check in on you to see how it's going.

Take care and best wishes
    Laura
    Last edited by missblue; 07-11-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast