Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: One Fat Chick page 48

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh that's great, congratulations! Isn't that the best feeling ever?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    EEE!!!

Few weeks ago, I had bought shirts. I bought some a larger size which I could wear, and some smaller because, I reasoned, I'd eventually shrink into them. I couldn't button them, but eh. Maybe someday. Fast forward to today when I put on a shirt and buttoned it, then thought, "Is this one of the large or small ones?" so I took it off and looked at the tag to find out. Of course it was the smaller size!

Keep in mind, I been eatin' steaks the size of my computer keyboard lately and actually feel bloated because I've been eating so much, and I keep resolving to tone it down a smidge. :P

I can't fit into my Doctor Who tee yet, but someday, someday!
    That's AWESOME progress! To go from not buttoning to buttoning in a few weeks ROCKS!

I noticed that after I got past the first 20 or so pounds, I started seeing significant changes in the fit of my clothes more frequently. Of course, that could also be because I was squeezing myself into clothes that were a half-size to a size smaller than what I should have been wearing, but it's nice to know that the skirts that were tight on me last winter have gone from fitting "just right" to feeling loose in a matter of weeks.

If you are interested in some size 18 slacks (Lee brand) from Kohl's that I got last fall, I will be happy to send them to you for free. I did have to have them hemmed, but I'm 5' 6" so they're not too short. I would be happy to send you the inseam measurement if you like.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    That's AWESOME progress! To go from not buttoning to buttoning in a few weeks ROCKS!

I noticed that after I got past the first 20 or so pounds, I started seeing significant changes in the fit of my clothes more frequently. Of course, that could also be because I was squeezing myself into clothes that were a half-size to a size smaller than what I should have been wearing, but it's nice to know that the skirts that were tight on me last winter have gone from fitting "just right" to feeling loose in a matter of weeks.

If you are interested in some size 18 slacks (Lee brand) from Kohl's that I got last fall, I will be happy to send them to you for free. I did have to have them hemmed, but I'm 5' 6" so they're not too short. I would be happy to send you the inseam measurement if you like.
    I'm afraid I can't fit into 18's because of my belly size. It's weird: I'm more like an 18 or a 20 everywhere except my stomach, which is where I NEED to lose the fat and of course it's where the fat's not coming off. The belly is holding me back from going down any more sizes.

The shirt I buttoned today, it buttoned on all the buttons except the last one over my stomach. So maybe my celebration was a bit premature - still, it felt nice to at least partially button the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    The shirt I buttoned today, it buttoned on all the buttons except the last one over my stomach. So maybe my celebration was a bit premature - still, it felt nice to at least partially button the shirt.
    Ugh, I wish clothes came in different cuts for just that reason. For me, if something fits my chest and hips, it's baggy in the waist and I look bigger than I am. If something fits in the waist, it won't button over my chest and hips, and I look bigger than I am.

Can't fucking win!

I do appreciate how different retailers tend to cut for different shapes, though. From what I understand, Torrid clothes tend to be cut for apple-shaped ladies. And if all else fails, maternity clothes? Sometimes I go for maternity stuff because it's not tight over my hips. Who cares if it's for pregnant ladies? If it fits better, it fits better.

I'm sitting here wearing one of my new bras, and I don't feel like whipping it off and flinging it across the room. This is nice, because when I bought them a few weeks ago, they were still a bit snug and bit into my ribcage. Like the shirts, I just shrugged and figured I'd shrink into them too. And now, here I am, wearing a bra that's actually comfortable and fits and doesn't do weird things because it's too big and actually makes my figure look nice in a T-shirt.

I made lobster-stuffed mushrooms last night, and I dare say they turned out EVERY bit as good as what you get in a restaurant, with NO bread crumbs! Here's what i put into 'em:

- 2 fresh lobster tails, steamed.
    - 4 ribs of celery.
    - Half of a large onion.
    - A spoonful of garlic powder.
    - About a half-cup of grassfed raw parmesan cheese, grated.
    - A big knob of Kerrygold butter, melted (about 4 tbsp)
    - About 3-4 tbsp of coconut flour.

I chopped the onion, celery and lobster in my Cuisinart until very fine. Then I mixed in the rest of the stuff. Packed it into mushroom caps, poured a little more butter over top, and baked them until they were golden brown. It was amazing! I'm going to make it again!

In sad news, I broke my Vita-Mix carafe grating the Parmesan - I guess the cheese was a little too hard and I had the blades turned up too fast. I'll use the Cuisinart for cheese-grating from now on, and now I've got a very expensive repair job on my hands! I'm taking the blades off and salvaging all the parts I can in the hopes that I can get the repair parts for cheap. I depend heavily on that Vita-Mix and can't have it sitting around broken.

RIP Vita-Mix! Hope you can get it up and running again.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap those mushrooms sound good! I will have to try them out if I can find some cheap lobster (tricky to do when you live on the prairies...sigh).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Holy crap those mushrooms sound good! I will have to try them out if I can find some cheap lobster (tricky to do when you live on the prairies...sigh).
    I've done this before with other meats. Sausage works great too, breakfast or Italian in particular.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Those mushrooms do sound delish! And YAAY on properly fitting bras! I find that I'm buying clothes now that are a bit small with the confidence that I will shrink into them.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I love stuffed mushrooms but yours sound beyond deliteful! Don't look at moving in w/ your Mom as a step backwards - as you said, she could use the help and you can save some $$ to plan your next adventure! A new job may or may not be in your near future and being debt free w/ some money in the bank may make you more picky and therefore more appealing to your next employer. Helping your Mom will hopefully never be something you regret and the time you spend together could be priceless

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast