Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: One Fat Chick page 40

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Dammit, now I want some tuna. Sardines really aren't scary once you dig in and realize the taste isn't as bad as the smell - I just make sure that I don't eat any veins that I might see (maybe they're not veins, but they sure look like 'em!).

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I don't like liver for the same reason I don't like pears: they have the same granular texture.
    Sardines are really good; I also get them fresh (in the summer we can buy them fresh over here), they're really good on the BBQ.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    Well..I DID IT!!!!I have managed to eat half a tin of sardines with skin and bones and a wee bit of ghost chilli pickle..I love them..they are a great flavour..the only issue is eating an entire tin,I think I will have to build myself up to it but it's a great food to eat on the go as I am often on the go with work..and it's super cheap.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anjelevil View Post
    Well..I DID IT!!!!I have managed to eat half a tin of sardines with skin and bones and a wee bit of ghost chilli pickle..I love them..they are a great flavour..the only issue is eating an entire tin,I think I will have to build myself up to it but it's a great food to eat on the go as I am often on the go with work..and it's super cheap.
    I love them with lots of mustard. Mmmm. Fishies!

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Spubba, just wanted to say that I read your journal beginning to end and I love your writing style and artwork. Also, girl - you are BEAUTIFUL. You're doing fantastic work! One thing I've learned from several attempts to lose the same 60-ish lbs is that how I looked at <insert weight here> last time may not be how I look at that weight this time. There's a lot to be said for body composition, and I know I have more muscle on me now than I did when I was younger, so I look "thinner" (and I use that term in a relative sense) at 205 now than I did a few years ago. Your lifting of heavy things is doing wonders for your body, as is your dedication to eating well. I look forward to reading more of your adventures and I hope you find a new job soon!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Lillo is offline Member
    You're super funny. I think I'll follow you around for a bit

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Spubba, just wanted to say that I read your journal beginning to end and I love your writing style and artwork. Also, girl - you are BEAUTIFUL. You're doing fantastic work! One thing I've learned from several attempts to lose the same 60-ish lbs is that how I looked at <insert weight here> last time may not be how I look at that weight this time. There's a lot to be said for body composition, and I know I have more muscle on me now than I did when I was younger, so I look "thinner" (and I use that term in a relative sense) at 205 now than I did a few years ago. Your lifting of heavy things is doing wonders for your body, as is your dedication to eating well. I look forward to reading more of your adventures and I hope you find a new job soon!
    I think body composition has a lot to do with it, yeah. I was getting into bed and happened to look down at my leg as I swung it over the edge and was taken aback. I saw a shape there, for just the flash of a second, that looked for all the world like the legs of those huge bodybuilding women that I admire so much. Now I'm still covered in flab and I'm sure I'll never look like that, but there's a framework under all that blubber. And it's starting to show, as I slowly nibble away at the fat.

I'm absolutely elated with Primal - no, I am not losing weight fast, but I'm gaining mobility, strength, agility and attitude. Stairs don't scare me anymore. I'm starting to relax a bit more around chairs with arms. (Any person who's ever been grossly overfat knows what I'm talking about!) I don't get the mad hunger that drives me to make poor food choices.

As for the job, well. I got a job offer to work as an illustrator. Unfortunately I don't know if I should take it, because I know the money wouldn't be steady. My current job sucks in many ways, there are times (like recently) where I work 60+ hour weeks with some terribly toxic people and the benefits SUCK. Health-wise, I might as well not be insured; the benefits suck that bad. But as badly as I want to say "I QUIT" and run off to the illustration job, my more sensible side is telling me to hold back because I would hate for business to dry up and end up scrambling for money again like I used to do the last time I did commercial art. (It's a sort of feast or famine type business!) I'm sort of stuck in a "Do I want money/security but a life that sucks right along with it, or do I want to do something I love and which I'm good at and be happy and leave a legacy instead of just an office" sort of conundrum!

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement. We're all in this together.

bikeirguy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Now if only I can get over my "liver" thing...
    You can start with liver in so many ways - find a butcher or deli that makes their own pate and/or terrines. You will be able to explore various amounts and types of liver alongside other flavors in small quantities (assuming the butcher/deli owner is willing to sell you small portions - most would).

As noted here and in other threads, many tastes are developed over time. Liver (or any other food item) does not have to be delicious in every form or quantity on the first try for everyone. Half the fun of paleo/primal is the exploration of new foods, new cooking techniques and, well (insert evil laugh) talking to people about some of the stuff you eat. I just love telling (and demonstrating) eating anchovies right out of the tin...
    Kevin

Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
    William James
    US Pragmatist philosopher & psychologist (1842 1910)

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Chicken gizzards for dinner, nothing on the TV... at least I was able to take the day off today so I could get the shopping done and get some rest after a couple of crazy weeks at work. Naturally, on the days I work, the weather is beautiful - now it's going to rain all weekend, I suppose!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you have really been through the ringer and still manage to be upbeat and positive - not to mention hilarious! Love your sense of humor, can't stop laughing about your yelling at the Price Is Right contestants.....

I have no doubt you'll take care of business and get to where you want to be. Looking forward to reading more of your journal and watching your butt-kicking attitude in action while you plug away at your ultimate goal. You're an inspiration!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast