Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: One Fat Chick page 3

Farfalla is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Look at my ticker for encouragement. I had the same starting weight.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Look at my ticker for encouragement. I had the same starting weight.
    Hey!!! Congratulations! You've come so far - almost 100 lb down! I hope to be in your place sometime this year or early next. If I do, I'm having a party! There will be strippers and questionable party favors!

Quote Originally Posted by bellavida View Post
    Like I want my ginormous muffin top or back-fat shown to the world. Anyway, this is a fresh start for me too.
    MY SIDE BOOBS BRING ALL THE BOYS TO THE - oh wait

I hear ya Bellavida. I don't like looking like I could be a Featured Creature at People of Wal-Mart. (Fortunately, I have the good sense to cover that nasty stuff up, myself.) Going out in public and looking around is a great motivator. The other day, an Object Lesson rolled past me in a double-wide motorized wheelchair.

Double. Wide.

As in, somebody had to call in an order, tell somebody else 'MAKE THIS CHAIR EXTRA WIDE AND GIVE IT A HIGH POWERED MOTOR', and then human beings came together in a factory and fabricated this thing for some poor guy who was (obviously) too morbidly obese to be able to move around by himself.

I don't want to turn into that. I won't allow it! I want to live longer than 50! I have a boatload of "bucket list" activities to do yet!

Day 15 of Whole 30! Halfway mark!

Breakfast: A couple handfuls of cherries and a big pile o' some kind of primal meatloaf type creation. I'll do better next time, I think, with the recipe. This one tasted too salty. I drank like 2 quarts of iced tea after eating it. Blech.

Skipped lunch, because I was busy. Cleaned out my office, unloaded a bunch of crap, mostly old papers and junk like that. I am the Anti-Hoarder. I refuse to let junk pile up. When I clean/reorganize, I like to imagine myself as the poor sap who has to go through my stuff after I'm dead.

Also tried my hand at drawing something. First thing I've drawn since the Crimmus holidays, may we never speak of the horrors I consumed during that time.

Eh, not bad. Having focus again is nice.

Now, some 5-6 hours later, I'm hungry but don't know what I should have to eat. I suppose I should get up off my lazy butt and see what's available, huh? After breakfast, I'm a bit burned out on meat. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Spubba; 01-15-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Love the sig...and your journal. I look forward to reading more. And hey, think you could draw me a cute mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    Love the sig...and your journal. I look forward to reading more. And hey, think you could draw me a cute mouse?
    Thanks!

Oh goodness, I don't know. I have no idea about the mouse because this is a cute mouse, this is a cute mouse, and this is also a cute mouse. This is a super cute mouse. Ok, maybe I'm biased because I think all mice are cute. Rabbits too. Cats, not so much.

So, er... do you mean like an anthro pin-up mouse, a simple chibi mouse, or a realistic rendering of a mouse? Digital media or something like watercolor? What will the image be used for?

LOL...yes, they are cute mice, true! On my blog I've got a really rough, hand-drawn-using-the-mouse (har!) mouse that could use some refinement. That's all. If it's a pain in the butt, no worries.

Day 16 of Whole 30!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, and a pearberry/spinach smoothie. I was fine all the way up till lunch.

LUNCH WAS A BOMB!
    Beef stew with roasted root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, turnips) and something about that combination Did. Not. Work. I was hungry right after I returned to the office. And I don't mean "munchies" hunger. It was honest-to-dawg gnawing-hunger-pangs hungry! What the shit! I haven't had that since way before I started Whole 30!

I had to grab an Emergency Can of coconut milk to stave off the hunger, which has like a billion calories in it but plenty of fat and almost no carbs. That helped a lot.

I don't know what I did wrong, lunch-wise. Too little protein, maybe ... I'm on a budget and was admittedly trying to 'stretch' the meat in the stew. Too many cooked veggies? Too little fat? My HR/BP were off all afternoon.

Tonight I'm having meat with plenty of RAW, UNCOOKED vegetables and fruits, and I think I'll probably be fine. It can be difficult learning what's best for your body! Everyone is different.

Things that I have made since going Paleo that now makes me wonder why I ever bought them in the store because they are soooooo much better tasting homemade and NOT THAT HARD TO MAKE! It's shocking that I used to buy the "ready-made" versions of these:

• Beef jerky
    • Chicken jerky
    • Turkey jerky
    • Pickles
    • Ketchup
    • Mayonnaise
    • Salsa
    • Salad dressing
    • Broth, soup base, stock
    • Barbecue sauce
    • Sausage
    • Spaghetti and pizza sauces

In the current age of 'convenience' foods, I feel so empowered that I can walk out of the store with only the most basic of ingredients and still be able to cook a wide variety of tasty meals. This is all stuff that I whip up while the news is on. Evening time is "kitchen time" and I turn on my big TV and listen to the latest stupid on the news and set my food up for the next day (or the day after, or whenever). I have a tiny galley kitchen in a small one-bedroom apartment. I don't have a lot of money, I don't have a lot of space, and I don't have oodles of time - I work too, y'know. But I'm able to eat pretty clean in spite of it all. The longer I stick with this, the more I realize that most excuses are hogwash, and one of these days, probably soon, I'll run out of excuses for not exercising.

Sigh.

Tomorrow will be meatloaf again, and this time I think I got the recipe right. I hope, anyway. It's a lotta meatloaf this time because I rolled some leftovers from another thing into it and it totally filled the pan (I'm baking it tomorrow; tonight I just did a lot of prep work).

I'll be vigilant about the starches from here on out. Starchy meals obviously Do Not Work for me at all - they put me RIGHT BACK on the mad-hunger rollercoaster that shot me up to 295 in the first place.

Don't worry so much about the exercise thing right now...eat right and the fat will drop right off. If you can at least do some slow movement (walking, etc.) then for sure do that, but diet is step #1.

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast