Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: One Fat Chick page 2

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonss View Post
    Love the post. Well written and funny.

I'm in LBs too and those scarlet letters are going to be the first items donated to Goodwill when the time is right.

Keep the humor coming. :-)
    Yay, thanks!

I'm not donating my old LB clothes if I can ever get away from them. Those things are getting burned.

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiB View Post
    Hi Spubba! I love your writing and you're now on my "must-read" list along with Gay Panda for my daily smile

You know you're going to get sick of your thread name because it won't be true anymore ... just give us a heads up when you start "One Fab Chick"
    Eh... I'll believe it when I see it. I'm a fat chick, have always been a fat chick, and 50lb. lighter than my high weight I'm still a fat chick. 50lb from now I'll be a fat chick. 100lb down I'll still be a fat chick. Let's just say that my thread name problem will be one I'd be happy to solve, but it'll be a loooooooooong time before I have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    I know! And then they make their shitty clothes super-expensive just to rub it in. When possible, I try to buy from Target, Torrid and, my favorite clothes website, ModCloth.com. They actually have a fair amount of XL stuff, especially in dresses. And some styles are made to be larger and flowier so I can fit in them anyway.
    I don't know what my 'style' will be, quite honestly, because I've never really had the chance to develop one - it's always been T-shirts, jeans, and fatsacks - but none of the clothes there are really striking me. Hairstyles, makeup, and nice clothes are things that happen to other people.

I'm more than a fashion don't; I'm a fashion ain't.

bellavida is offline Member
    Spubba, I'm glad you are doing better. I agree...stay away from the MD's. And I wholeheartedly agree about Lane Bryant....that stuff is horrible. It pains me to walk into that store. I'm sick of having a gut that makes a presence in a room before the rest of me. I also don't like how in general Large and X-Large is smaller and more form-fitting than ever before, even though most of the population falls into the overweight and obese category. And this is a fact because I recently went through some old bins in the basement, from clothes I in about 2000 or 2001, and the Large/X-Large tops were much roomier. Like I want my ginormous muffin top or back-fat shown to the world. Anyway, this is a fresh start for me too. I lost about 60 pounds on WW about 7 years ago, kept it off a few years, had a baby and then just gained it all back.

Day 13 of Whole 30 and still going like a champ!

Today: A bit of sausage and a green smoothie for breakfast, a light lunch of just the last of the leftover turkey because I wasn't super hungry, and dinner will be a Big Ass Salad with some homemade chorizo that I ground up, topped with homemade salsa. I'm being VERY VERY careful about what I put into my recipes since I'm Whole 30 this month and striving to eat as clean as my budget will allow, so all sauces, toppings, and spices have to pass muster.

I'm considering making some species of primal meatloaf type object tomorrow, because somehow I ended up with a bunch of ground meat that needs to be used. I hate meatloaf. HATE. IT. But I think the reason why I hate meatloaf is because of what other people put in it - breadcrumbs that make it mooshy, ketchup that makes it too sweet, and I always figured that if I were allowed to make my own meatloaf, it'd taste a lot better, because I'd get fancy with the spices and make it taste more like kibbeh, or something. So that will be tomorrow's experiment. Meatloaf, or meatballs maybe, since I don't own a loaf pan. Or meat cupcakes. I do have a cupcake pan. Maybe I'll find some creative new way to use ground meat that nobody's ever thought of before.

POUR ME A GLASS OF MEAT, WILL YOU?

Oh, wait, I already did that.

No, seriously, I did. Today I worked from home, so I was able to at least half-mindedly watch the stove. I threw the remains of 2 roasted birds (a chicken and a turkey) into a pot with some water and boiled 'em down. What resulted was the tastiest broth I've ever made. I strained it out and drank it in a mug with lunch. There's also plenty of meat what came off them bones, so I'm debating either making a soup, or using the meat in chickenturkey salad. In the meantime, there is a stock pot of meat Jello sitting in my fridge, asking me what in the hell do I intend to do with it, and jiggling at me. I think it's mocking my ass.

I'm also starting the pickles tonight, using my mother's recipe. I cook on the weekends so that I don't have to do as much on the weekdays.

The dumbbells are giving me the hairy eyeball. I stared right back at 'em. You get big muscles that way, right?
    Last edited by Spubba; 01-13-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Because I'm an idiot, that's why

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    I'm not donating my old LB clothes AS SOON AS I can get away from them. Those things are getting burned.
    Fixed that quote for you! You will kiss those clothes good-bye! And congratulations on only gaining 10 pounds back during your recovery - you're in a good place to continue your primal journey!

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Love your writing.

We're at about the same weight, with somewhat similar stories, too. I'll be interested in following your success.

I want to be able to buy Ann Taylor. That's my style--but no one knows it yet!

Hate the LB.

I live in whatever jeans I can find that don't have an elastic waist, Target t-shirts, Lands End sweaters, and my black "magic pants" that seem to have about a 50-pound give to them. I might have bought them 25 years ago when Catherine's was still "Catherine's Stout Shop," which was once a nice store with a range of decently-stylish to Mu-Mu (moooo, mooooooooo....) clothing and a horrible name. Now it's got a normal name. The clothes are no worse than most, I guess...

Ann Taylor. About 100 pounds and a few layers of Spanks....

*sigh*

Anyway--love the journal.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I JUST WANT TO WEAR REGULAR-PEOPLE CLOTHES BECAUSE THOSE LAME BRYANT FATSACKS SUCK, OK
    I used to be 300 lbs, - size 26, Lane Bryant. I lost about 100 of that via other, much harder methods. And my god, when I could wear Old Navy- I was estatic. Then LOFT. Now I can get my butt into Seven Jeans. My goal is to be able to look good in things without spanx!

Anyhow, good luck- but do yourself a favor and save 1 pair of those Lane Bryant jeans.... so you can have that awesome pic of you all inside of one leg.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvalab View Post
    Love your writing.
    We're at about the same weight, with somewhat similar stories, too. I'll be interested in following your success.
    Hate the LB.
    I can wear LB of course, but it's not me. At all. What is my style? Where would I like to shop? I currently don't know. I can figure that out after I lose another 100. That'll be fun, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973
    I used to be 300 lbs, - size 26, Lane Bryant. I lost about 100 of that via other, much harder methods. And my god, when I could wear Old Navy- I was estatic. Then LOFT. Now I can get my butt into Seven Jeans. My goal is to be able to look good in things without spanx!

Anyhow, good luck- but do yourself a favor and save 1 pair of those Lane Bryant jeans.... so you can have that awesome pic of you all inside of one leg.
    I'd rather have awesome pics of me in hot clothes that fit, but that would make for a good After picture. Right now I have all of my (even bigger) LB clothes that I can't wear anymore stashed in the back of my closet because they're ridiculously huge now. My current LB jeans have gotten droopy and they fell off my ass this morning when I went in to make breakfast (3 deviled eggs, didn't want anything else, not gonna force it). I'll probably hit the stores soon. Maybe goodwill until my weight stabilizes.

ETA: OMG, 100 pounds! That is awesome! I figure I have another 100-120 to go myself, or not - depends on how much muscle mass I can build. I have a short, stocky frame and I'm naturally strong (when I was lifting weights I kept up with the boys), so I imagine I can pack on a lot of muscle.

If I can bring myself to shamble over and pick up that damn dumbbell, that is.

Stupid dumbbell.
    Last edited by Spubba; 01-14-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: I added shit

Day 14 of Whole 30.

Almost halfway through it, but it doesn't feel like a chore or anything. Still considering extending the Whole 30 past 30, no second thoughts there. Hunger-wise, no issues. Jeans falling off today, in fact ALL my pants feel like sacks. I don't want to wear them anymore. Don't get any perverted ideas - I'm wearing pants, I'm civilized, I'm just not LIKING these pants. There's too much fabric up in here.

I'm drinking the heck out of some coconut milk.

Hmm. I'm not very hungry today and don't want food. It probably means I'll eat like a horse tomorrow, as my appetite tends to rise and fall. I won't force feed myself, though. I've done enough of that in my lifetime. I'm being pressured to 'eat' right now but if I'm not hungry, I'm not gonna worry about it.

I know I'm a fatty, but I figure if I was some kind of a compulsive overeater, I'd have put Hostess back in the black by now. I think my craving/junk food issues don't bug me as long as I keep my house 'clean' and don't bring junk in, watch that carb intake and don't go over 100/day. I've noticed that certain kinds of nuts are 'trigger' foods for me though - so I limit myself to a handful at a time.

Whipped up a quick signature banner for myself. It showcases fruits just because they're colorful and easier to draw. I eat more meat and veg than fruit. Maybe some day I'll draw some better food. I want to draw a "Paleo food pyramid" and print it up and put it in the kitchen for myself as a reminder.

I feel amazing! My stomach has settled: no reflux, gas or discomfort. I also have tremendous mental focus, which is very important to me - in fact I rank "mental clarity" as important as "weight loss" on my Big Stupid Diet Priority List, right above "Easy to Follow" and "Cost Effective".

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast