Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Primal Journal - Meegeek page 11

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    Tuesday

Can't say why but posting to this journal has slowed significantly the past few weeks. I am still totally on the program, in fact, probably more so, considering the amount of exercise and movement I am doing. Still don't know if I have found that happy balance of diet and exercise. I am still not losing pounds but have come to realize that as I turn 58 at the end of the month, it is not about the weight loss and more about the health. I am averaging a approximate 5300 calorie deficit, weekly, from a daily budget of 1742. The 1742 is just a tad over my BMR of 1650. I am pretty much following Mark's fitness guidelines, with my own twist. I use the elliptical machine to do sprints (2x /week), kettlebell 3x/week, and walk every day (almost halfway in the Slow Movement Challenge). My play time is split between riding bike to work (when dry enough), kayaking (at least 2x / week), and working in the garden. I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning after my shower. I still don't consider myself as LGN. I have some really stubborn fat at my lower abdomen, and love handles at the sides, seems to be shrinking but I just can't tell. I do feel great though. Although I was able to hit a lower weight using Nutri-Systems (205) a few years ago, I just seem to be stuck at around the 220 point now. I realize, now in my 6th month primal, that I was probably loosing muscle to get to that point back then. Besides that it obviously did not hold. I also am not sure how much of what I am seeing on my abs and waist is just skin that will take may take longer then expected to disappear. My man boobs are definitely going away and my legs / ass are tight. When I pinch my gut I can actually grab a handful and feel the layer of fat. I know I am burning fat.

So will try to keep this journal up going forward. Maybe not daily, as I am not going to stress myself out about it either. I have some 1 month pictures and should probably take some more to compare with. Maybe post in the success story area.

As far as diet is going, I remain pretty strict paleo. Have had a few cheats though (grass fed hot dog with the evil bun). Have been getting some push back from the family. My wife has pretty much moved off, though she supports me still. Both my daughters are staying with us temporarily, and my older just thinks paleo is stupid. She is a major foodie, so even though she eats CW, she does not eat crap, per se. Last night was a great example. She cooked shrimp, saute with homemade ravioli that were stuffed with fava beans and garlic. The shrimp were great, but I just could not eat the ravioli. Ended up eating a couple of handfuls of almonds after dinner. I am trying to reduce or even eliminate nuts as I think that may be impacting the weight loss some how. Have been eating a lot of almonds and they have always been a weakness for me. The other problem I see is that we are eating way to late, at least for me. I am up at 0530 or 0600, in bed at 2200 to 2230 every day. Not eating until 2000 is effing me up, as I typically eat lunch around noon. I have no problem with the IF, but eating late is a problem. Maybe I should skip lunch, shit, I don't know.

Oh well...onward....
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Have not posted since the beginning of the month. Still at it, nothing much has changed. I am riding my bike to work much more now as the weather has improved. Still dodging rain cells or getting a bit wet. This morning was great, actually a nice chill in the air for me to get my CT on. Was able to ride in 13 times this month, pretty good really. Also have been walking daily, minimum of 2 km, most times more. Really racking up the km's and I am now at 526 km for the year.

Have not weighed myself for a few weeks, but no real change noted. Really stuck here, so have just accepted it. There is only so much I can do. Body comp is changing, slowly. Really wish I could get rid of this last bit of belly fat.

Getting old sucks, my 58th birthday this Saturday. I am just aiming to make my 60's a decade of fitness.
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

My Map My Tracks Profile

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, has been a few weeks since last post. Have to admit I have really slipped off the wagon these last few weeks. First was my birthday then our annual pig roast a week after. I am still tracking food and as far as calories go, feel pretty good about what I have been eating, just not at the same level I was at, with respect to Primal. Lots of seasonal fruit lately and I am not going to pass that up. Tortilla chips, birthday cake, a few too many beers....oh well.

What has really got me now is a recent injury I suffered riding my bike to work. Was on a string of over 3 weeks of riding. Weather has been great. Then make a stupid move jumping a curb and pulled a calf muscle. Left leg, same as where I have been suffering from the achilles tendonitus (-sp). Anyway, was a reasonably bad pull and actually put me down for a few days, last weekend. Doctor said it will take a few weeks to work its way out, but will be very tender. Have stopped wearing barefoot runners as walking barefoot can aggravate this type of injury. Back to wearing regular shoes and feel like I am wearing large weights on my feet. They are helping but I tried wearing the Vivo's yesterday and really paid for it last night and this morning. Really want to get back into my kettlebell routine, but will wait until next week. Also doctor recommended PT, which I am really going to do.

It sucks to get old, but got to keep moving just the same.....

My Map My Tracks Profile

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011