Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Meegeek page 10

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey thanks much. I have forced myself to take a week off from walks and all other activities to rehab the heel. Was beginning to worry me. I am leaving for a week in Maui tomorrow and want to be able really get some long beach walks in. I am so looking forward to it right now.

There was a source on the web I read while researching the achilles tendonitis that indicated that stretching was not the best. Not sure about that as I like to stretch. The weird thing about the tendonitis is that even though it feels like the pain is in the tendon, it is really the calf and maybe the rest of the leg muscles that are causing the pain. Will try some hamstring stretches.

I really think the statins contributed to the joint and tendon pain. I have been feeling so much better since stopping them. Found a independent lab local to me and will be getting my own lipid panel down soon. I also think I have been obsessing on weight loss and running in ketosis or at least borderline. Throw in the work out activity and I may have been getting into a bit of trouble there.

It is amazing that after being deaf to what my body has been telling me for so long, I can finally listen to it.....

Thankee
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Friday

This may be my last post for awhile as I am leaving for a week in Maui tomorrow morning. This is my first vacation in a very long time and my sole mission is going to be elimination of cortisol for a week. Will be going as primal as possible, but and also going to take a vacation from the food log for a week, just eat what I need to when I need to. Hope to also do a bit of CT with long ocean swims...this is going to be fantastic.

So for now, aloha
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

My Map My Tracks Profile

So back from a week in Maui. First vacation I have had in 3 years. Did pretty well, food wise, but actually did not care for a week. Had a couple of "bad" days I guess, but did not worry about it. Stopped logging food. Did get a lot of exercise in and really worked on the CT with long swims in the ocean. I am getting so used to the cold showers and dips now, almost need to go colder. Heel gave me a couple of bad days, but since I have been back, seems better. Restarted yesterday, although I probably drank too much wine last night. My wife is still in Maui with my daughter, so was a little bored. Cooked a big hamburger paddy with mushrooms sauteed in Kerrygold and a salad. I am also going to really go for the Kettlebells 3X/week now. Thought about doing the juicer fast from "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" for 10 days, but with the additional stress of going back to the madhouse at work yesterday, did not think it was the best idea. Need to check the recipes anyway. Really amazed at how fast you adapt to high sugar loads. First day off primal I really felt it, but then noticed my body adapting. It was not that I felt bad, it was more that I missed feeling the way I have gotten used to while eating clean. Did learn that I need to eat more even if eating clean. Also trying to eat a lot more fish and high Omega 3 foods.

My Map My Tracks Profile

Getting into the habit of logging food and posting updates again. Strange sense of anxiety the last couple of days. Had a real jones for nicotine yesterday. My mind is playing tricks on me. Almost like a little sub conscious niggle. Need to get this under control. Not sleeping really well either, which I am sure is not helping. Missed my KB workout this morning, overslept. Will get a walk in at lunch and try to get a workout in this afternoon. The weather has been fantastic this week, but due getting back into the groove after vacation I have not been able to really take advantage of it. Did get to mow the lawn yesterday and spring is fully into gear. Did 2 pull ups on my new bar, hey that is a 100% improvement over 1 pull up. Next stop is 3.

Onward.....

My Map My Tracks Profile

Just lost a huge post....good one too, dammit

Let's see;
    - great weekend
    - wife back from Maui
    - unbelievable weather this week, kind of like a early payoff considering the shit we have to put up with to get here
    - kayak yesterday
    - rode bike to work this morning, kb workout also
    - really back on the wagon, diet wise, after vacation and week surviving on my own

Onward....

My Map My Tracks Profile

Rode bike to work again today. What a rush, it really is fun to this. The best part is looking forward to the ride home. Eating a whole lot better this week; carbs are a bit high for the week, average is still at ~75g. The extra work from the biking and LHT is offsetting the carbs.

Cold thermo is really starting to work, at least it 'feels' like it is working. It is to the point now that I can't get the cold low enough or it does not feel like it first did. Spend about 5 minutes, on average, in the shower after shaving every morning. Really look forward to it. Noticed my watch is hanging down low on my wrist. Still have not weighed in or measured, but plan to this weekend to smooth out any gains from being on vacation for a week. If my weight is the same I am good with that.

My Map My Tracks Profile

Crappy weather since last post. Have been off bike since Sunday due to rain. Really missing the bike. Still working out with KB 3x/week and moving slowly, but the bike commute is really nice. My heel has really gotten better with the bike also. Must be different stretches on calves.

Eating has been ok, not great. Binged on Sunday with corn chips and Jan keeps serving corn on the cob. Carbs are up, but as I have noted so are workouts. Just need to watch things. Still keeping total carbs at under 100 +-5g.

My Map My Tracks Profile

Wednesday

Still raining, come on. This is the time of year that I really despise. I can put up with months of grey and rain, but once the weather does start to turn nice, and you get used to it, then it starts pissing again. Shit shit shit. We are coming into the end of May and it will be like this, I am sure, until July. Weather can really bum you out. I still am walking as much as I can, just got back from a lunch time walk, got rained on of course. I was so tempted to ride my bike into work this morning, glad my wife talked me out of it.

Was really tired and grumpy last night. Ended up going to bed at 9:30. I had rice for dinner and now that I think about it, I think that really messed me up. Don't want to make too big a deal out of it, but I have really been grain free for almost 5 months now, so even the little bit of rice that I did have made me feel off. I am really getting to the point where I think I have been eating way to few carbs. I have been averaging <100g. I know I am trying to get weight off, but that should still be low enough. There is also a lot of fruit coming in and I am taking advantage of this, but there are some added carbs there.

Still have not weighed or measured myself and not sure if I will. Just going to go with the flow.

My Map My Tracks Profile

Thursday

Really quiet at work today. Drinking too much coffee on days like this. Too much stress at home. Is it any wonder why I am not losing these last few pounds?

Raining this morning and cold. Drove to work with windows on truck down, must have been in the 40's. Felt good. I am really liking getting chilled. Same for my lunch walk. Again hoping for a bit of clearing so I can ride the bike in. Forecast still looking pretty dicey.

Not much else to say. Exercise is helping with the depression I seem to be in. Getting angry and tired a lot. Diet is really in a rut I think.

My Map My Tracks Profile

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wednesday

So made it through the 3 day weekend pretty well. Really ran up the tab on my "20%" though. Actually ate some tortilla chips, lol. I had a long discussion with a friend about uping my carb count and did, but not that much. At my highest I am in the "maintain" range. Feeling no shame and good. There is a lot of stress still at home as my youngest daughter is having some real emotional problems. It is hard to see a 25 year old go through this pain, there is so much life ahead of her. She is coming home for some R&R tonight, having quit her job this week. Will be a tough couple of days.

Have been riding my bike every day this week, weather is perfect. Nice and cool in the morning, very pleasant (mid 60's to mid 70's) in the P.M. I swear, the best part of riding to work is knowing that I get to ride home. I so look forward to it.

Eating really well, but a bit monotonous. Even with a big cheat day last week I am averaging 6K calories deficit (net of exercise) each week for the last month. Not weighing myself and not caring anymore. Keeping to workout schedule (KB 3x/week, walk 3 km everyday at lunch, sprints on elliptical, and ride bike to work whenever possible). If weather keeps up I should really lean out with this program by end of the summer. I have kind of thrown my goals out the door also, it just is not about the finish line or some mile marker anymore. All about the journey baby!!

My Map My Tracks Profile

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast