Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye 18's and hello 6's! page

chelle06 is offline Member

Bye 18's and hello 6's!

I'm ready to kiss the 18's goodbye and get back in those 6's!

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Nice goal! Welcome
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    I'm ready to kiss the 18's good-bye with you, hopefully soon!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

trouvaille is offline Member
    Me too! I've been stuck in an 18 for too long!
    Started Primal Dec 2011

MusicMama is offline Member
    I want to burn my 18s! Good luck to all of us!

Wow thanks for popping in! I was so shocked to see replies! I think burning the 18's sounds great ! Seems there are a few of us that want to get rid of these 18's so yeah and lets go!

Just a few more details. With my brothers death I gained a ton. With my dads death I gained a ton. I decided this was no longer a very efficient way to deal with grief as I am ready to pop a button off my bigger and bigger pants! I also feel like crud! I had a few false starts but really got rolling the last day of December 2011. Those few pounds lost got me to the 224 I am at.

I am sick of my weight sapping my energy, health and confidence. I almost didnt enter Mark's contest because you had to submit a pic. I always fear people will know I am trying to change and the judgement. How silly is that? I decided I simply just no longer care. If someone wants to judge so be it. If I falter and flop~ so be it! I'll just pull myself right back up!

I also have disk problems that limit some activities AS well as the longest case of plantar fasciitis ever I swear! It has been almost 1/2 a year. That majorly takes walking out of the equation as just standing a few days at work has me miserable. So lift heavy things it is!

todays meals are planned

eggs scrambled with pumpkin'

chicken and broccoli

a monster taco type salad.

My oldest is sick as a dog with the flu. KIck in immune system! None of us want to share the flu.
    Last edited by chelle06; 01-12-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, facing the judgement really turned out to be one of the hardest things for me. You would think it's the taking out of grains (and, for me, experimentation proved I felt a lot better also taking out dairy, fruit or anything too starchy like sweet potatoes). But that's like nothing to me now because as hard as that diet alteration sounds, it seems harder to deal with how shitty I feel without it. When I started telling people, especially ones who are thinner than me, about my diet restrictions, it was especially nerve-wracking because you know their inner monologue is accusing you of knowing nothing and going on an unsustainable fad diet. One family member frequently smirks at my avoidance of gluten as a fad I'm bandwagoning on or straight up holds up a product feigning excitement, "Oh, it's gluten-free!" But this diet is completely sustainable and obviously best for us. Does it involve gradually taking on a lot of new habits and dedicating a lot more thought and perhaps a bigger chunk of your budget? Yes. But eventually that becomes normal. Whatever you do, don't berate yourself too much for any mistakes! There are lots of tiny new habits you have to get used to before you really feel you're on a roll (when/how do I prepare my own lunch? Exercise in the morning or later? Intermittent Fasting yet?)

My next hurdle, as I'm guessing yours is too (I'm sorry to hear about your father and brother), is to manage the stress. It was only while reading this website that realized being majorly stressed is like eating a candy bar all on its own except the blood glucose isn't coming from a candy bar, it's coming from your liver's emergency glycogen reserve. There are the hurdles within like getting enough sleep and then there is knowing how to get to work and meet deadlines without literally losing hair over it. I'm trying to address that now by getting into the flow:

How to Recognize and Tap Into the Power of Flow | Mark's Daily Apple

and dedicating myself to a little more ritual:

The Power of Ritual | Mark's Daily Apple

Congrats on finding the right path to health and good luck on continuing down it.
    Last edited by Lex26; 01-12-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

trouvaille is offline Member

Good morning!

Hey you are in WI too!

I'm in South Central WI near Janesville. Sounds like you and I have some things in common. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Stress was always the trigger for my eating disorder, then top that with the messed up brain chemistry a high carb diet creates and talk about a train wreck....

I had Plantar Fac (can't spell it LOL) years ago, I finally had surgery where they carefully cut the tendon to allow it to stretch. Then it healed and it's been a non-issue since. But that was LAST resort after wearing arch supports and cortisone shots (which hurt like he!!). I still wear my arch supports when exercising tho, just to be safe.

Jody
    Started Primal Dec 2011

Hi Lex! I don't eat gluten but sure have had a love affair with oats. People are a pain sometimes with their opinions! Gluten makes me live in the restroom and people still try to push it because " it is healthy". UMM NOPE! You know even with all the thing you found out you feel better restricting it still amazes me people think they even have the right to comment but they sure think so. You are doing awesome so the proof is staring them right in the face! I guess living well is the best way to show the nay sayers

Yes, you are very right on the stress. I had no idea it really caused that roller coaster! Thank you very much for the links!

Hi Jody! So did you get snow over your way too? Thanks. You know in all honesty I never thought about stress with eating disorders be it too much, too little or purging. Honestly when I all the stress is happening I am always so caught up in try to make it better for everyone that I never realized how stress I am until it calms down. Have you read those links Lex posted? Looks like they could help lots of us. I'm so glad that you found this works so much better for you I was recently reading Sugar Shock and was amazed to read what sugar and quick carbs actually do too our brains!

Glad to hear the PF is now a non issue. It is time to go back in because nothing has worked and I now have a big lump on my foot. I have been leery or going because of the possibility of surgery. I work as a stylist so I stand. Having to stay off it would mean being off I think. How long did it take you to heal up?

OH MY GOSH can I tell you about temptation! One of my clients older brought in fruit and cream cheese bars for us today. It was so sweet. While she was under the dryer she reminded me to have a bar as she made them special. I told her I'd save it until after lunch. I ate lunch while she was under the dryer. I had to go put a bar on a plate and take it in the back room. I told her I was going to have it a little later. I felt bad fibbing but sure didnt want to hurt her feelings. Especially since it was a lower sugar recipe with my type 2. How kind of her . Even without the sugar the gluten would make me live in the restroom.

One bullet dodged right?

One of the staff brought in two boxes of fancy chocolates. Eh gad. All these treats when I have pms! Ok dodged that one! Lets go for another.........

OH NO !!!!!!! My very nice boss brought us all in these towers of chocolate covered nuts. There were cashews, almonds and stop my heart............... choc covered macadamia. I almost cried that they were covered in milk choc. Hubby and the kids will love them.

So anyways I dodged the bullets! I'm sure tomorrow will bring more. Too bad dodging food bullets doesn't make one fit and agile!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Did ok yesterday. After we were done working everyone was starving. Monster burger to the rescue. 222 yesterday

I had a client lecturing about the evil of butter yesterday. Yah right! Granted I have never eaten margarine. My cholesterol has always been stellar. I can't say eating butter is why that is so. I have always eaten lots of healthy fats right with the carbage that made me fat. However a woman just as fat as I lecturing me about the evils of butter when her cholesterol is sky high despite a fat free diet and meds is just ridiculous. She absolutely couldnt be swayed. I just can't understand why anyone wants to eat a product some say is 1 molecule away from plastic practically.

Yesterday:
    eggs and pumpkin

chicken thigh with broccoli

Monster burger

I got a weighted hoop yesterday. Wow does that beat the heck out of your abs. Still trying to figure out how I got sore thighs out of the deal!

I've got A party after work tonight. I am keeping breakfast and lunch easy because I dont know 100% what we will have.

today

7 eggs, 2 T salsa, cheese and 2 T coconut oil ( 1/2 lunch 1/2 breakfast)

dinner ????????
    Last edited by chelle06; 01-14-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast