Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Oil - Krill versus Salmon page

Sunlva is offline Junior Member

Fish Oil - Krill versus Salmon

Shop Now
    Researching the benefits of taking fish oil on a regular basis and Krill Oil seems to be the way to go...thoughts anyone? Either way it's gotta be good for you though right?!?

Difference Between Krill Oil & Salmon Oil | eHow.com

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    OK - I'm going to stick my neck out here and make a pitch for NOT taking Krill. I work for a Naturalist/Biologist and have been privy to many discussions btw people working in Marine environments. And this Krill oil is rape and pillage at it's worst. I know, this is a "what's healthiest for me" web site but I'd like to keep my rose colored glasses on and add that we all have a responsibility to make this lifestyle of Primal both available to all BUT also, lessen the impact or even better, improve the environment.

To that end, let me just state that Krill is at the bottom, most basic of the ocean food chain. Its food for all scavengers and whales, that then feed all predators, that then keep other species in check....etc, etc. You can Google it and see there has been some discussion that this Krill fad started in Asia and if it runs rampant, will need deep regulation to keep the impact on our oceans in check. Like Salmon? Tuna? Don't take Krill.

I know I will probably get hammered for idealism but....Primal for me is inclusive of making choices that have healthy impact beyond just my bod. I take Concentrated Purified Fish oil, regulated product.

Stepping off soap box now..... =)

haha NO please STAY on your soap box!

I love a good "argument" and couldn't agree more with regards to responsibility to the planet NOT just a selfish view of "what's best for me?" without taking everything else that is vitally important into account.

Thanks for the lesson...just goes to show we have a lot we can learn from each other

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Thank gawd, I was so worried you'd think I was a fiend! Phew.

The concentrated fish oil I take is by Pharmax, by the way.

haha no way...breathe easy and thanks again for the info.

I've only been Primal since Nov last year so have a lot to learn and am still "tweaking" things as I go. Having said that, at this point even though it's early days I can't imagine ever going back!

I don't think my gut would let me anyway even if I wanted to for some ridiculous reason :P

Salmon feeder is offline Junior Member
    Arn't we suppose too eat animals at the bottom of the food chain?Arn't They less contaminated with heavy metals and such. Also don't they have a better feed conversion than higher animals? Let's face it we have to eat something

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Tuna stocks have mostly collapsed so krill oil is probably a better option than eating tuna. lol. If your salmon oil is from alaskan salmon, it's probably the best option. I take fermented cod liver oil.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon feeder View Post
    Arn't we suppose too eat animals at the bottom of the food chain?Arn't They less contaminated with heavy metals and such. Also don't they have a better feed conversion than higher animals? Let's face it we have to eat something
    JMO~ but you don't mess with the bottom of the food chain~ it's like drilling holes in the foundation of a skyscraper~ if the base isn't there, everything that depends on it will go too!

We should eat tigers and lions, great white sharks, white rhino's etc..

Plants are the "bottom" of the food chain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast