Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 9

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well that was tough: Celebrating my son’s birthday at a Chinese buffet. God only knows what those mushrooms were stuffed with… Shrimp? Crab? Some kind of grain product? Likely the latter. Fortunately, there was two kinds of steamed fish there: Salmon and sole.
    Afterward, we went to the bumpy-slide park for the kids to play. I got to do several reverse pull-ups while our daughter ran around, and eldest son was walking and thinking. Youngest son saw a long-time friend and played with him, so it’s all good.

I’ll weigh myself tomorrow and be completely primal/paleo this whole next week. I LIKE SEEING THAT PROGRESS!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Well. I'm up 2 pounds, and no wonder: With all the bad scientific method I was applying to my N=1 experiment (no cheese, just a couple shots of vodka each day) I was essentially testing TWO variables at a time. bad, Bad, BAD SCIENCE!
    This week, it's no booze OR cheese. I want some good results from paleo eating and movements. I'll try back with one variable or the other NEXT week.
    B-Nothing, not hungry.
    L-Sardines and spinach salad on the side.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi All!
    Here's what I was up to today:
    B - 11:30AM, a big cup of Bul*etpr0of coffee, Breakfast.jpg 5 Eggs, scrambled in bacon fat, a sliced tomato, ONE strip of bacon (somehow when my family is around, I just can't get more than one strip from a POUND of bacon), a little chili powder for flavor, and a little cayenne powder for heat. Whew, a little too hot! That was SPICY!
    L - 2PM, Nothing, still full.
    D - 6:30PM a big tin of sardines for the Omega3, yummo!
    I will fast all day tomorrow, maybe getting just a bite or two in the evening. I want a good result for weighing in on Monday!
    Cheers!

OK, no booze tonight: Fasting all day, I'll eat tomorrow after 1PM. Likely bacon and eggs, and a few slices of tomato sprinkled with chili powder.
    I REALLY LIKE seeing results!
    Cheers!

This weekend, boozing certainly. I kicked a toe in last night and broke the dang thing. Ow, for sure, but mostly annoying. It's going to affect my daily walking. Dang and DOGGONE IT
    I had a pastured Bison ribeye steak for lunch yesterday from Whole Foods market. Whew! That was EXPENSIVE, but really delicious!
    The butcher (Adam) also "gave me" a "customer sample" of Santa Maria Seasoning for the steak. Whew again, I didn't get to pay, but that stuff is like $10 for just a regular size bottle. It made the ribeye awesomely delish, BUT there were a few weird ingredients on that list. MEH!
    I didn't leave that place for less than $60! ($40 for 2 bison ribeyes [about a pound each], $20 for 2 pounds of grass-fed ground beef). It may be time to invest in a small freezer and co-op some grass-fed beef, for several months at a time. It should be much cheaper that way.
    B-5 scrambled eggs in bacon fat, a couple slices of bacon. Yummo!
    Happy weekend y'all!
    Cheers!

Good morning y'all!
    I just weighed and WHOO HOO!
    Down another 3.5 pounds this week, and down 37 so far!
    I kicked my little toe on my right foot in on Friday night, breaking it, so that's going to affect walking for a bit. I've broken toes enough times to know what to do: tape it to it's neighbor (with a little cotton between). That's all a doctor would do.
    Cheers!

Hi all!
    I fasted Wednesday (after eating a semi-non-paleo dinner on Tuesday night at a long-time client's house: Stuffed salmon (good, except for the certainly some-kind-of-grain and shrimp (yum!) stuffing, asparagus and brown rice mix (chewy, but kinda tasty).
    My client's wife hadn't seen me in two months and couldn't believe it was me. I was down probably 20 lbs since I last saw her.
    I need to take an updated photo of myself and post it, so people can start seeing the change. Even with a broken toe, I managed to do a short walk (~20 minutes or so) with the boys. Tomorrow, it's fasting, a short walk at Sam's Club, and a trip to the park with the kiddos! I look forward to weighing in on Mondays now.
    Cheers!

Good morning Y'All!
    I weighed and WHOO HOO! I'm down another pound and a half!
    Intermittant fasting and keeping my eating in an 8 hour window is working, even with a non-paleo meal, and excessive boozing and dairy here and there.
    Breakfast today will be at 1PM or so, we'll see if I get hungry by then. Here's the menu for today:
    B-1PM, Bacon, Scrambled eggs and broccoli, smothered in homemade pesto (yum-o!)
    L-I'm going to still be full so nothing!
    D-Bacon-Wrapped Drumsticks, chicken salad with salsa (and a little cheese and sour cream).
    Cheers!

I just saw the first minute or so of "Stories from the Stone Age" on YouTube. Right away I have some problems with it. Here's a quote from the Third through fifth sentences.
    "They are hunter-gatherers. They travel light, their children with them, one meal away from starvation. They are never able to settle down."
    Am I the only one who's thinking: There's a bias toward the modern world here?
    MAN! There's A LOT of arrogant SUPPOSITION going on there!
    Don't look for any science here, it's full of baloney (not the non-primal lunch meat)!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 05-08-2012 at 09:55 AM.

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Your weight loss has been incredible, Charlie! I hope your foot is healing quickly so you can get in some longer walks again!

Have a great rest of your week,
    Anna
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast