Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 6

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

02/08/2012

Shop Now
    Hi All!
    I finally got some Vibram's!
    These are the nuttiest looking shoes, but COMFY!
    I can tell I'm going to love walking in them. I wore them from the store and walked around in them for about half an hour. Not bad at all!

48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi All!
    I'm glad to be back in the Primal Journal again as well!
    Yesterday, I stepped on the scale... Down another 3 lbs, without even trying!
    This week, I'm adding the primal movements to my routine, 10 minutes or so after my hour-long walk.
    I'm still moving in the right direction. I know I'll hit a wall where nothing happens for a while, but that's expected and normal. During those times, the changes are all INTERNAL and not noticable. Eventually, the bathroom scale will go away too, the numbers won't matter.
    Cheers!
    -C
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Yay for Vibrams I love mine - still only using them for my 30-45 minute walks though since it's taking some getting used to them for me.

Another yay for your continued weight loss, Charlie! It sounds like the primal lifestyle is becoming very effortless for you. You'll see a huge difference in energy once you start mastering those primal movements. I push myself one rep further every day so I slowly but surely am getting to the max.

Is your wife almost fully convinced that primal is be the way to go? I wish you two a happy Valentine's Day!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

02/16/2012

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Yay for Vibrams I love mine - still only using them for my 30-45 minute walks though since it's taking some getting used to them for me.

Another yay for your continued weight loss, Charlie! It sounds like the primal lifestyle is becoming very effortless for you. You'll see a huge difference in energy once you start mastering those primal movements. I push myself one rep further every day so I slowly but surely am getting to the max.

Is your wife almost fully convinced that primal is be the way to go? I wish you two a happy Valentine's Day!
    Hi Anna!
    No, she's not convinced yet. She is likely thinking that it's unsustainable over the long term. She'll find out!
    Eating is the best! I made bacon-wrapped drumsticks again (lots!), so the kids will have lots for lunch and I'll be eating them for breakfast for a couple of days. I hope you and BF had the best Valentine's day!
    -C

Hi Everyone!
    I finally got the issues with MDA and my firewall software figured out, so I'm back on!
    I weighed myself this morning and guess what? I'm down another 2 lbs without even trying!
    I am getting in a walk every day for AT LEAST 35 minutes, and doing some primal movements (pullups: not so much, pushups:12, squats:12, planks: not yet).
    I'm eating only when I feel like it, and usually MEAT based. I'm still trying to figure out what veggies I may like. I'm thinking a blender and gulp, veggies gone!
    Cheers!

Welcome back! Have you tried red beets? They are a little sweeter in taste and great drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and some goat cheese or feta (if you're consuming dairy). They are one of the best antioxidant foods and have lots of vitamins and minerals. Or how about celery slathered in almond butter (available at Trader Joe's)? Sauteed mushrooms, onions and bell pepper are always a good topping on a steak. Keep trying them until you find something you like :-)
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Hi all!
    Today was wonderfully primal. I walked 4.5 miles today in my Vibrams. My feet are sore, but in places I've haven't experienced in a long time: the balls of my feet! That's exactly the places your feet get sore from going barefoot.
    I had a BulletPr0of C0ffee for breakfast at noon and haven't really felt hungry today. This intermittant fasting is really interesting to me.
    I'll likely grill up some bacon for breakfast tomorrow (after putting a pound of it in kids' lunches and for their breakfasts), and have an omelet. I need to get some fish in me, so tomorrow night, I'll likely grill up some that wife picked up from Trader Joe's (or TJ's as we call it).
    Cheers!

Hi everyone!
    Yesterday was a good one. I didn't exercise at all but had a BulletPr0of C0ffee and a can of sardines for breakfast that had me feeling satisifed all day!
    Today I'll get a good walk in and eat when I feel like it (when I'm actually hungry).
    I hit a rough spot on Monday when I weighed: I was actually up by 2 lbs. I'm not worried as I think it was from eating too much dairy last week. I've cut out the dairy this week to see if there's a difference. I've also added all the Primal Movements to my regimen.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 03-01-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Hi Charlie,

Definitely don't worry about the extra 2 lbs, there are so many factors like water retention, etc. that could be adding to that. As long as you feel great it's all good and the weight will keep coming off! Also keep in mind that you might be building up some muscle since you've been exercising a decent amount! Muscle is denser than fat, so you may not be losing weight per se but are probably shrinking in inches. Maybe it's time for you to take some measurements (waist, chest, thigh, etc.).

Have a great rest of your week!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    After you get your primal pantry etc set up and get the hang of it try intermittent fasting- helps you develop true food awareness and discipline. Also, learn to count calories. You will need to know how much you are eating so you can adjust on a weekly basis. If you accidentally binge you can always throw in a low calorie day. Saves time and spares you the drama.
    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast